Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-17 4:28 pm

Post subject: question (gravestorm effect)
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-13 3:09 pm 

says when a permanant is put into the graveyard copy it

does that mean if you remove a land with its effect you get to copy it over and over and over again it seems a bit much for the manner cost you would just rape your opponents deck on possibly 3rd turn

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-13 4:04 pm 

:?:

Basically, when you play Bitter Ordeal, you count the number of permanents put into a graveyard so far that turn. Then you put a copy on the stack for each one, possibly choosing a different player than the original. When you resolve each copy, you remove one card from the game, and yes you can choose a land card.

Decks: Lion King (Rafiq of the Many - Midrange Combo); Uril, the Miststalker (Enchantress Beasts); Saliva (Sliver Overlord - Sliver/Allies); Angry Enchantress (Child of Alara - 5c Enchantments); Nicol Bolas (Reanimator Goodstuff)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-14 8:17 am 

Gravestorm trigger will go on the stack and when it resolves it counts the number of permanents that were sent to the 'yard. You can respond to the Gravestorm trigger and nuke more things in order to jack up the Gravestorm count.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-14 8:30 am 

Quote:
You can respond to the Gravestorm trigger and nuke more things in order to jack up the Gravestorm count.

Really? Storm doesn't work that way, does it?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-14 8:32 am 

Regular storm doesn't work that way because it counts the number of spells played before the storm spell, as opposed to Gravestorm which counts "the number of permanents put into the 'yard this turn". (Checked oracle text)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-14 8:53 am 

Thanks for the clarification. I had believed Storm worked that way for a long time and only learned otherwise during the latest Extended season so I though I'd ask.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-14 12:16 pm 

Doraemon wrote:
Regular storm doesn't work that way because it counts the number of spells played before the storm spell, as opposed to Gravestorm which counts "the number of permanents put into the 'yard this turn". (Checked oracle text)

This is true, although I had glossed over the actual Gravestorm trigger. Rout in response anyone? :P

Decks: Lion King (Rafiq of the Many - Midrange Combo); Uril, the Miststalker (Enchantress Beasts); Saliva (Sliver Overlord - Sliver/Allies); Angry Enchantress (Child of Alara - 5c Enchantments); Nicol Bolas (Reanimator Goodstuff)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-14 1:08 pm 

yeh thats y i queried it i thought it was a "copy for each permanent put into the graveyard with this effect" thats y i thought damn thats really cheap

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-14 1:24 pm 

Well, Bitter Ordeal removes cards from the game anyway, so none of the cards you remove with Bitter Ordeal, or its copies, will ever be in the graveyard.

The confusion here, I think (aside from what I just stated), is that cards are only permanents if they were in the "In Play" zone. Cards that go from your library to your graveyard are not permanents.

Offline Profile