Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-13 9:13 pm

Post subject: grixis illusionist
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-15 9:30 am 

i have come to a bit of a standstill in my playgroup i have a pure grixis EDH from the new alara set with a thrax general and i play the grixis illusionist now it states

(T: target land you control becomes the basic land type of your choice till the end of turn)

now does that mean i can say tap the illusionist and an island to produce red mana or does it not work like that? i have played it where it grants me 1 mana of the colour i choose or would it still only give me blue mana?

if i can clarify this will make things alot clearer

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: grixis illusionist
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-15 10:20 am 

thedarkheart wrote:
i have come to a bit of a standstill in my playgroup i have a pure grixis EDH from the new alara set with a thrax general and i play the grixis illusionist now it states

(T: target land you control becomes the basic land type of your choice till the end of turn)

now does that mean i can say tap the illusionist and an island to produce red mana or does it not work like that? i have played it where it grants me 1 mana of the colour i choose or would it still only give me blue mana?

if i can clarify this will make things alot clearer

the land you target becomes a mountain, so it taps for red and only for red mana as long as it's a mountain.

Hokori, the d*** drinker

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-15 10:49 am 

so i was right cheers

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-15 4:44 pm 

You can change it into any basic land type, but if you choose Forest or Plains (not being of your general's colours), it will only produce colourless. Changing a land into any of the other three types will produce the associated colour.

Decks: Lion King (Rafiq of the Many - Midrange Combo); Uril, the Miststalker (Enchantress Beasts); Saliva (Sliver Overlord - Sliver/Allies); Angry Enchantress (Child of Alara - 5c Enchantments); Nicol Bolas (Reanimator Goodstuff)

Offline Profile