Yes 46%  46%  [ 33 ]
No 54%  54%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 72
 Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Apr-21 5:21 pm 

cmb_master wrote:
Genomancer wrote:
Horse wrote:

Your post shows a marked lack of either decent manners or knowledge of Magic. You're either intentionally trolling to anger people, or incapable of contributing to the discussion here. Either way, I see no reason for you to continue posting in that way.

I mean seriously... "period"?

G

PS: The discussion is moot either way... Library isn't being considered for unbanning at any point in the foreseeable future. It's one of the few cards which violates BOTH major criteria for banning.

this is putting it WAYYYYY too nicely for what he deserves. it's much easier and faster to just say "you're a fucking dumbass".

at least he's telling everyone why he disagrees with him rather than throwing out random insults.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Apr-21 6:44 pm 

wow, flamers, what a surprise. geno & cmb, let me pose a thought: do you know how many people insult the ideas of others without posing intelligent thoughts of their own on the internet in a day? probably a lot. that's a lot of time spent typing useless things to insult people you don't even know. think of what would if happen if.... oh wait, i forgot, you DON'T think. never mind. go play with your blocks now.

anyway, i stand by my point that library is in no way overpowered. there are plenty of easier ways to draw extra cards every turn. like sylvan library. at worst it's a brainstorm every turn, with the option of paying life to draw extra cards, thus not only drawing more cards but also making your next free brainstorm better since it will be three fresh cards. FAR better than library of alexandria. yet it's not on the banned list. and i'm not saying that it should be on the banned list. i just think that logically, if you put Card A on the banned list, then you should put everything that is better at what Card A does on the banned list. like if shock were banned, then lightning bolt should be banned because it's better at doing the same thing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Apr-21 6:55 pm 

Horse wrote:
wow, flamers, what a surprise. geno & cmb, let me pose a thought: do you know how many people insult the ideas of others without posing intelligent thoughts of their own on the internet in a day? probably a lot. that's a lot of time spent typing useless things to insult people you don't even know. think of what would if happen if.... oh wait, i forgot, you DON'T think. never mind. go play with your blocks now.

anyway, i stand by my point that library is in no way overpowered. there are plenty of easier ways to draw extra cards every turn. like sylvan library. at worst it's a brainstorm every turn, with the option of paying life to draw extra cards, thus not only drawing more cards but also making your next free brainstorm better since it will be three fresh cards. FAR better than library of alexandria. yet it's not on the banned list. and i'm not saying that it should be on the banned list. i just think that logically, if you put Card A on the banned list, then you should put everything that is better at what Card A does on the banned list. like if shock were banned, then lightning bolt should be banned because it's better at doing the same thing.

i believe there is a forum rule somewhere called "Don't be stupid". i think you broke that rule. yeah, im aware i broke the "Don't be mean" too, but seriously, if you're gonna post stupidity, you deserve to be flamed. trying to even post a lengthy response to your idiotic ideas would simply be a waste of my time. calling you a fucking dumbass is much easier and achieves the same result of letting you know you're a fucking dumbass.

if you don't like it, maybe you should stop playing EDH all together. might I suggest Portal?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Apr-21 7:03 pm 

"you're a fucking dumbass".... is that seriously all you can come up with? i'm pretty sure you've called me that 3 or 4 times today.... when you call someone something enough times, they get used to it & it loses its meaning. and not just for them, but for everyone who sees it. so next time you call someone who's read this or probably pretty much any of your posts a fucking dumbass (and i'm sure it's not far off). it will be less effective. you really need to switch up your insults from time to time. it's the same idea as crop rotation (in real life, not the card. but i'm sure you don't have one, so moot point)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Apr-21 7:13 pm 

Horse wrote:
"you're a fucking dumbass".... is that seriously all you can come up with? i'm pretty sure you've called me that 3 or 4 times today.... when you call someone something enough times, they get used to it & it loses its meaning. and not just for them, but for everyone who sees it. so next time you call someone who's read this or probably pretty much any of your posts a fucking dumbass (and i'm sure it's not far off). it will be less effective. you really need to switch up your insults from time to time. it's the same idea as crop rotation (in real life, not the card. but i'm sure you don't have one, so moot point)

so, basically, you admit to trying to attract flaming. im not even going to bother anymore, since i can safely say that most players will agree with what G and I have said. in fact, the threads you've posted in have now become defunct and pointless. this has, in fact, been a waste of my time.

oh, and you're a fucking dumbass

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Apr-21 10:34 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

I'm banning both of you until June 1st, for the complete inability to follow forum rules, behave acceptably, or contribute in any positive way at all. In several threads no less.

Attempt to circumvent the ban and it will be permanent.

Gavin

Last edited by Genomancer on 2008-Apr-21 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Apr-21 10:43 pm 

THANK YOU!!! I was getting sick of their comments...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-03 10:25 pm 

I'm not in favour of unbanning the Library, it's very easy easy to break, but the ""Not attainable for the average player" rule seems very silly and inconsistant, there are several expensive cards that are not banned such as Mishra's Workshop and Mana Drain, as well as a bunch of cards from Legends and A,B,U. Mishra's Workshop and certainly Mana Drain are actually playable, whereas even though I own some power I wouldn't actually play any of the moxes or lotus in most EDH decks. Either all very expensive cards should be banned, or the focus should be on power level alone. But citing "Not attainable for the average player" and then not banning many cards that are clearly not attainable for the average player makes no sense. I haven't seen any valid explanation for the banning of moxes and not the Workshop which often cost as much as a Emerald, Ruby or Pearl and is played in Karn, which is a decent deck.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-04 3:18 pm 

Italian mana drain is totally attainable.... Its barely worth more than a tarmogoyf.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-04 4:26 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

The "unattainable" rule is in part about perception as well as actual cost and power. Everyone knows that the best way to promote EDH is just to play it... people watching the games want to play, but if they saw Power in play, they'd assume they needed it to play and would be turned off. Most people realize quickly that the moxen aren't very good in EDH... but people watching the games incidentally don't realize that and it turns them off before they get a chance to try.

Moreover, the exitement-to-cost ratio of cards like Lotus/Timewalk is very low... they don't even contribute much to the game and just cause frustration, so they're banned. Library is certainly poweful enough to ban on its own though... the $-cost aspect just pushes it over the edge.

Just because a rule is complicated, or you don't understand it, doesn't make it "silly" or even inconsistent. The fact that it can't be explained easily doesn't make it any less important, or even inconsistent. Sometimes human judgement of an indefinite line is far more adept at finding balance than a codified calculus of brokenness.

G

Offline Profile