Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-20 6:21 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: September Ban List Discussion
AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 10:49 am 

I'm pretty sure Volrath the Fallen would like to be able to discard Kokusho and then recur him as needed. Yessss.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 10:57 am 

Also, I notice SCG raised the price on Kokusho from $10 to $15 in the last half hour.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:10 am 

Yeah, I am really surprised CS wasn't on that list too, especially with PT. Sad to see him go even if I will grudgingly agree many out there had a serious problem with him. Worldfire won't be missed.

Koko, though? I the call made is the correct one. With what I experienced recently, she caused severe problems as a General, but was more reasonable as the 99.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:13 am 

Worldfire :( one less way to win with barren glory oh well back to ther other cards everyone hates...

That's not how magic works. You can't equate cards and situations linearly like that!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:24 am 

pookel wrote:
Also, I notice SCG raised the price on Kokusho from $10 to $15 in the last half hour.

That doesn't surprise me one bit. What happened to Prime Time?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:26 am 

Dropped about in half.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:40 am 

Worldfire: I didn't think it was gonna last, even though I personally had nothing against it. I don't miss it nor do I want it back.

Prime Time: NOOO!!!! Everyone else has said it already, I don't want to say more.

Koko: My new Ob Nixlis Deck (and every other deck I'll ever build with black in it) just got WAY more powerful. It's almost enough compensation for Prime Time, if PS or PH got off the list as well, then I'd be happy.

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:41 am 

As soon as I read the ban list, I ebayed 3 Koko's at $20 buy it now (EX+)(NM)(NM)

Now i need to get rid of 5 damn Primeval Titans..maybe I can trade all 5 for a couple shocklands...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:49 am 

I'm EXTREMELY happy about Primeval Titan getting the axe. Now I just have to wait for Consecrated Sphinx to get the axe and I might actually be able to have some fun in EDH...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:50 am 

Worldfire was a given.

Koko is about time.

Primeval titan is a load of BS. if there was a way to play it in my griselbrand deck I would.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:52 am 

I'm quite pissed. Ah well, what can one do?

Good call on kokopuffs. I respect the PT decision, even if I personally hate it.

Norin the Wary (chaos control)
Talrand (mono-U tempo/Proteus Staff combo)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 11:59 am 

Prime Time was 11 yesterday and 10 today, I think? Not a huge change. He's been dropping steadily in advance of rotation.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 12:00 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Killane wrote:
I respect the PT decision, even if I personally hate it.

This is important. Banning PT wasn't good for me personally. I loved that card. That said, being in a position of responsibility is about way more than what I personally want. It's about the big picture, and all of us on the RC set aside our individual desires in the interest of what we see as important to the health of the format as a whole.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 12:35 pm 

Worldfire - I think this was a given, and especially as many have highlighted, you can cast a commander right after it resolves. Not too friendly. Given the fact that we have Omniscience and the like nowadays, there are more chances of it being unfriendly than friendly. Was wondering why it wasn't banned the moment it was released though.

Primeval Titan - While I've got tons of green decks, I've never had the need to own or use one. It's a great card, but if green decks are going to be this reliant on it, then I'd support the ban. If you just needed it for the tutor effect, crop rotation would do just as well.

Kokosho - Been wanting to play him for quite a while now. I started MtG late and EDH even later, thus I never really had the chance to see this beast perform. This should be interesting.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Sep-18 1:07 pm 

Worldfire - file me in the camp of this needed to go. Never played against it, but probably would have been ticked when it eventually happened.

Prime Time - Like many others, I am saddened by this but respect the decision. I know he's one of my earliest tutor targets in decks that include him (anything with green) and he's probably my most frequently stolen permanent. I've had people Bribery PT instead of an Eldrazi in a deck, so you know he's a pretty big deal. With him rotating out of standard soon the price was dropping and there would pretty much no barrier to players getting a copy, meaning it would show up in just about every deck with green I sit down across from and they would proceed to ramp it out on turn three.

We had a good run my jolly green giant friend. I shall tuck you away for the future.

Koko - So happy about this and it takes the sting out of losing PT. I have at least one deck I know he will be going right in to right away and he might find space in another. I'm just glad I picked up a couple last month at around $8 each just in case he was unbanned. It pays to read Sheldon's column!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next