Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-16 4:05 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 9:29 pm 

Temennigru wrote:
brainface wrote:
Temennigru wrote:
Put griselbrand and emmy on the battlefield and see who wins.

Big Game Hunter (he's like batman that way.)

Intrepid hero kicks that guy's but.

Stop trolling.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 10:01 pm 

Temennigru wrote:
arctic79 wrote:
@ Temennigru

Edit: So are you suggesting that the RC bans Bruna as well? If they haven't banned Zur, then I doubt Bruna is even on their radar.

No. I'm suggesting they unban griselbrand. And bruna isn't on the radar because her power isn't as apparent as griselbrand's.

If you want GB running around then by all means ask your playgroup or LGS to allow him and see who actually enjoys playing against you. I can think of a handful of decks that would use Griselbrand in a way that would be like watching me play with myself for 20 minutes (not really fun for a causual fun format).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 10:21 pm 

Temennigru wrote:

Had this exact situation come up for me in Legacy. My opponent Show & Tell'd on turn 3 to put Grizzy into play. My Elves deck drew its one-of Emrakul in its opener. Guess who won. :D

Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius - Sorcery/Instant Control
Rasputin Dreamweaver - Blink
Teneb, the Harvester - Knight Tribal
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter - Life Gain, Life Payment

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 5:38 am 

broona is awsum and you can''t stop her cause Ill just couter whatevs you thow at her and if you dun think so its cause yer stains and havnt played GOOD broona

if gris and emy fight then em wins so emy is better and dey should have jus ban em because shes bigger and has da guns

Show and Tell I win

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 5:52 am 

KrosanGrip wrote:
Temennigru wrote:

Had this exact situation come up for me in Legacy. My opponent Show & Tell'd on turn 3 to put Grizzy into play. My Elves deck drew its one-of Emrakul in its opener. Guess who won. :D

Grislebrand player, he dug into an answer.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 6:17 am 

Temennigru wrote:
And my friend was running in his deck cards like venser's journal to combo with griselbrand's ability so that he could instantly regain the life loss and get absurd amounts of life. Still i always managed to kill him with my Mana-charged dragon equipped with Grafted exoskeleton

That sounds bad. You're basically expecting the game to last longer than a turn or two when you do that.

Griselbrand is best used by getting him in the graveyard with Entomb or Buried Alive, or using a tutor and a looting effect. Animate him, and then play a game ending combo once you've drawn the cards you need. Protect as needed (usually by drawing answers, or really not caring once you have your combo pieces).

Griselbrand doesn't really need to stay on the table.

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 6:57 am 

Temennigru wrote:
Seriously... you've never played against a good bruna deck. She attacks and the game is over. Griselbrand can't save you from her by making you draw cards.
-I attack you with my 50/50 unblockable infect double strike lifelink bruna!
-Uh... I draw 28 cards with griselbrand! Oh... I lost.

Unblockable infect double strike lifelink? That is at least 3 cards. As for 50/50, that can't be less then 8 cards. So Bruna has 11 cards availible, as well as already having Greaves out like you said, and reusable counterspells. Not to mention that Bruna is able to do all of this every game. In happy funland where other players aren't trying to win, that can happen. And I've played against a good Bruna deck. You know, the one who has pretty much every good aura that can help, as well as counterspells. Bruna is simply NOT THAT POWERFUL. In fact, I'd say that as far as Voltron generals go, the other two AVR angels are far more broken.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 7:15 am 

Grand_Abolisher wrote:
Temennigru wrote:
Seriously... you've never played against a good bruna deck. She attacks and the game is over. Griselbrand can't save you from her by making you draw cards.
-I attack you with my 50/50 unblockable infect double strike lifelink bruna!
-Uh... I draw 28 cards with griselbrand! Oh... I lost.

Unblockable infect double strike lifelink? That is at least 3 cards. As for 50/50, that can't be less then 8 cards. So Bruna has 11 cards availible, as well as already having Greaves out like you said, and reusable counterspells. Not to mention that Bruna is able to do all of this every game. In happy funland where other players aren't trying to win, that can happen. And I've played against a good Bruna deck. You know, the one who has pretty much every good aura that can help, as well as counterspells. Bruna is simply NOT THAT POWERFUL. In fact, I'd say that as far as Voltron generals go, the other two AVR angels are far more broken.

As far as Voltron generals go, the non-sigarda angels just don't cut it due to mana requirements.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 7:31 am 

Joz wrote:
KrosanGrip wrote:
Temennigru wrote:

Drawing 14 cards with no mana won't get you an answer to emrakul.
You people are overestimating his ability.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 7:37 am 

Temennigru wrote:
Joz wrote:
KrosanGrip wrote:

Drawing 14 cards with no mana won't get you an answer to emrakul.

Dig into deck for:
2 black mana in any combination of lotus petals, dark rituals, cabal rituals, etc... that includes at least one Lotus Petal. Even red rits and manamorphos can help.
Shriekmaw

or 3 mana and Big Game Hunter

won./

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 5:47 pm 

Joz wrote:
KrosanGrip wrote:

Dig into deck for:
2 black mana in any combination of lotus petals, dark rituals, cabal rituals, etc... that includes at least one Lotus Petal. Even red rits and manamorphos can help.
Shriekmaw

won./

You're assuming he has those cards in his deck and he got them in the 14 cards he drew.
Also you're assuming no one had lava axe to finish him off.
And since he agreed with me i believe emrakul won.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 6:12 pm 

Grand_Abolisher wrote:

I don't think you understand how bruna decks work so let me clarify that for you. You draw lots of cards, discard the auras and keep the counters.
Then you counter every spell that targets you, put lightning greaves on the table, put bruna and attach all the auras you discarded on her. Thats how you get a cajillion auras at once and that's why she's broken. She can get auras FROM THE F****** GRAVEYARD.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 7:48 pm 

Temennigru wrote:
Grand_Abolisher wrote:

I don't think you understand how bruna decks work so let me clarify that for you. You draw lots of cards, discard the auras and keep the counters.
Then you counter every spell that targets you, put lightning greaves on the table, put bruna and attach all the auras you discarded on her. Thats how you get a cajillion auras at once and that's why she's broken. She can get auras FROM THE F****** GRAVEYARD.
You seem to act as if other people don't have counterspells, don't run Boseiju, don't run Vexing Shusher, don't run graveyard hate of any sort (Bojuka Bog, being a land, is uncounterable, and several of the good GY hate cards are able to be cast before most playable counterspells) and all of your counterspells are free. In order to protect Bruna from death the turn she comes out, you need to have all the mana ready then, unless the guy magically draws Force of Will along with that Greaves that seems to be in his hand every game.

I'm sorry, but your argument to every source of removal is "counter all the things" when simple facts prove that impossible. That, plus the fact that several commonly played cards/strategies such as counterspells, fogs/mazes, artifact/enchantment removal, creature removal, and GY hate all hurt your strategy a lot all makes your story seem incredible. If you really want us to believe you at all, at the very least provide a decklist for the guy. I'll bet you anything the list is less then 20 cards different from the deck that Grand_Abolisher and I both face, and at least 5 of the differences are which dual lands they decided to/have the money to run.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 8:02 pm 

Why would you be sorry about pointing out that stupid arguments are stupid? He's not coming from a place of rational thought. He's coming from, "OMG, this happened to me once or twice. Therefore that's ALL THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN AND THERE'S NOTHING I OR ANYONE CAN DO TO STOP IT."

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jul-07 8:46 pm 

Temennigru wrote:
Joz wrote:
KrosanGrip wrote:

Dig into deck for:
Shriekmaw

won./

You're assuming he has those cards in his deck and he got them in the 14 cards he drew.
Also you're assuming no one had lava axe to finish him off.
And since he agreed with me i believe emrakul won.

Ok, now you're just trolling. This is Legacy KG was talking about. 20-14=6. Lava Axe does 5. And in both EDH and especially Legacy, Lava Axe is ridiculously unplayable.

Besides, Bruna is nowhere near as broken as Uril. Uril doesn't need Greaves. Uril has access to green, a color which can consistently get him out on turn 3 (and with the help of Sol Ring or Mana Crypt, turn 2), and he has better auras then Bruna. Unlike Bruna, his Auras grant him power and toughness boosts, not to mention that he gets the boost as soon as the Aura is attatched. Also, access to three colors makes him more versatile.

trevor wrote:
Why would you be sorry about pointing out that stupid arguments are stupid? He's not coming from a place of rational thought. He's coming from, "OMG, this happened to me once or twice. Therefore that's ALL THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN AND THERE'S NOTHING I OR ANYONE CAN DO TO STOP IT."
I dunno, I've been in that boat before, a lot, but I have never gone this far without seeing reason, and my trollish nature often makes me think irrationally.

I propose that to solve all the format's problems now and for ever, ban every card in the game that says "library", "search", "destroy", "exile", "all", "battlefield", "graveyard", "draw", "untap", or "damage" on the card. Also, anything with a semi-questionable color identity, anything that is remotely comparable to something on the banlist, and anything that brings up conflicts or loopholes in the rules.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next