Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Oct-15 7:17 am




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 4:36 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Feb-07 4:15 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Temennigru wrote:
Joz wrote:
Temennigru wrote:
I think you are dead wrong.

Griselbrand was consistent turn 1-3
And no other creature in magic history; other then perhaps Emrakul, Metalworker and Roffelos have the potential to be even close to how broken Griselbanned is.

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling, but I'm just going to assume you are.

SHE, is not as powerfull as Griselbrand. Not even close by a thousand, quadrillion, light eons.

You are seriously comparing griselbrand to emrakul?
Emrakul has protection from colored spells, flying, can't be countered, anihalator 6 and when you cast it YOU PLAY AN EXTRA TURN.
Emrakul is more broken than ANY magic card. We call it Emrakul of the i win lolz.
Griselbrand is insanely powerful but i wouldnt call him broken. There are WAY more broken cards that aren't banned in commander.

We can read cards too. We know what Emrakul does. You don't have to say everything he does. However, there are several things about it that make GB more broken.

1. GB costs almost half as much.
2. Emrakul can't be cheated from the graveyard.
3. You don't get anything from Emrakul the turn he enters if you DON'T hardcast him. Griselbrand does.
4. Griselbrand has an unbounded draw ability, and can replace the cost by swinging.
5. Emrakul is a 15 mana freaking card. 15 mana cards are allowed to be busted up the butt. Griselbrand is 8. They are allowed to be powerful, but not Griselbrand's power.

Also, read Epsilon's post about how a Bruna deck works. You are assuming that Bruna draws every card it needs when it needs it. You have no good response to his post there.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 5:29 pm 

Joined: 2012-Mar-31 11:52 am
Age: Elder Dragon
majikal wrote:
Epsilon wrote:
Temennigru wrote:
You are seriously comparing griselbrand to emrakul?
Emrakul has protection from colored spells, flying, can't be countered, anihalator 6 and when you cast it YOU PLAY AN EXTRA TURN.
Emrakul is more broken than ANY magic card. We call it Emrakul of the i win lolz.
Griselbrand is insanely powerful but i wouldnt call him broken. There are WAY more broken cards that aren't banned in commander.


Name one that is legendary and a creature.

Norin the Wary. That guy is unkillable.

Dies to Keldon Megaliths.

And to OP, I think you just need to run more answers.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 6:42 pm 

Joined: 2011-Sep-30 6:08 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Guys. Nobody thinks Bruna is better than GB. This is just a troll.

_________________
Spectrar Ghost wrote:
Cryocerete (sp?)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 7:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Jan-16 5:36 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Toronto, ON
crokaycete wrote:
Guys. Nobody thinks Bruna is better than GB. This is just a troll.
At the risk of feeding the troll, this isn't true*.

Nearly everyone on the internet thinks that GB is more powerful than Bruna, but if you want differing opinions, there are always people at LGSs that think the craziest things.

That said, I think that the person playing GB in Temennigru's group played him as a general, which is probably the worst thing you can do with him.

*he's probably a troll because paying 39 life with Necropotence is a great way to lose the game.

_________________
Check out my old column, Generally Speaking, at CommanderCast.com
http://www.commandercast.com/category/a ... y-speaking

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 8:08 pm 

Joined: 2009-Apr-21 3:38 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Palm Springs Area, CA
Someone said you can't reanimate Emmy? thats untrue. i can think of a couple of cards that can do it... that two mana one from Kamigawa, Makeshift Mannequin, Doomed Necromancer...


and a search says- betrayal of flesh, corpse dance, miraculous recovery, reincarnation, second sunrise, shallow grave... there may be some creature based reanimation that I didn't search for.

Seems like a mean thing to do though. Almost glad he's banned.

_________________
3DH4L1F3


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 8:14 pm 

Joined: 2012-Apr-09 10:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Epsilon wrote:
Temennigru wrote:
You are seriously comparing griselbrand to emrakul?
Emrakul has protection from colored spells, flying, can't be countered, anihalator 6 and when you cast it YOU PLAY AN EXTRA TURN.
Emrakul is more broken than ANY magic card. We call it Emrakul of the i win lolz.
Griselbrand is insanely powerful but i wouldnt call him broken. There are WAY more broken cards that aren't banned in commander.


Name one that is legendary and a creature.

Captain Sisay and Hokori, Dust Drinker in my opinion are more broken than griselbrand. Bruna is also more broken.

_________________
Teeka's Dragon + Grafted Exoskeleton + Magebane Armor + Lure is my personal favorite combo.
Current decks: Child of Alara Tribal Enchantment Deck
Soon to be: Mishra's Double Donger Artifact Steal Deck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 8:19 pm 

Joined: 2012-Apr-09 10:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Sinis wrote:
crokaycete wrote:
Guys. Nobody thinks Bruna is better than GB. This is just a troll.
At the risk of feeding the troll, this isn't true*.

Nearly everyone on the internet thinks that GB is more powerful than Bruna, but if you want differing opinions, there are always people at LGSs that think the craziest things.

That said, I think that the person playing GB in Temennigru's group played him as a general, which is probably the worst thing you can do with him.

*he's probably a troll because paying 39 life with Necropotence is a great way to lose the game.

I ran him on my kaalia deck along with necropotence. When you have a repay in kind in your deck paying 39 life with necropotence is a great way to win a game.
And my friend was running in his deck cards like venser's journal to combo with griselbrand's ability so that he could instantly regain the life loss and get absurd amounts of life. Still i always managed to kill him with my Mana-charged dragon equipped with Grafted exoskeleton

_________________
Teeka's Dragon + Grafted Exoskeleton + Magebane Armor + Lure is my personal favorite combo.
Current decks: Child of Alara Tribal Enchantment Deck
Soon to be: Mishra's Double Donger Artifact Steal Deck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 8:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2008-Aug-15 9:31 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Actually, I think you've convinced me. We should unban Gris and ban Necro instead. You can play Necro on 3 and it only costs 3 black. That's way easire to cast than Gris. And you cyan't even cast him until 8 anyway. Pluss he a creature. And creaturs can have auras on dem. And Bruna steals dose, so Gris is way wurse. Nless one of the oras is Arrest, den its not so good.

Oras are guud and I like magics.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 8:34 pm 

Joined: 2012-Apr-09 10:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Uktabi_Kong wrote:
5. Emrakul is a 15 mana freaking card. 15 mana cards are allowed to be busted up the butt. Griselbrand is

Really? Because i thought mana costs were insignificant in commander. My rikku deck can cheat in an emrakul by turn 5 and by turn 6 i can have an eldrazi conscription attached to it and have it attacking with annihilator 8.
If mana cost was trully the problem they could've just fixed the mana cost for him in the rules.
And if you don't think bruna is more powerful then you've never played against a real bruna deck.

_________________
Teeka's Dragon + Grafted Exoskeleton + Magebane Armor + Lure is my personal favorite combo.
Current decks: Child of Alara Tribal Enchantment Deck
Soon to be: Mishra's Double Donger Artifact Steal Deck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 8:39 pm 

Joined: 2012-Apr-09 10:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
trevor wrote:
Actually, I think you've convinced me. We should unban Gris and ban Necro instead. You can play Necro on 3 and it only costs 3 black. That's way easire to cast than Gris. And you cyan't even cast him until 8 anyway. Pluss he a creature. And creaturs can have auras on dem. And Bruna steals dose, so Gris is way wurse. Nless one of the oras is Arrest, den its not so good.

Oras are guud and I like magics.

Seriously... you've never played against a good bruna deck. She attacks and the game is over. Griselbrand can't save you from her by making you draw cards.
-I attack you with my 50/50 unblockable infect double strike lifelink bruna!
-Uh... I draw 28 cards with griselbrand! Oh... I lost.

_________________
Teeka's Dragon + Grafted Exoskeleton + Magebane Armor + Lure is my personal favorite combo.
Current decks: Child of Alara Tribal Enchantment Deck
Soon to be: Mishra's Double Donger Artifact Steal Deck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 8:56 pm 

Joined: 2011-Sep-20 3:45 pm
Age: Drake
Location: Hamilton, ON
@ Temennigru

They are both banned (Emmy vs GB) so what does it matter who thinks which one is more busted (GB by the way is the correct answer). GB is also way more abusable than Necro by a long shot. If you can't recognize the brokeness of GB then I suggest that you sir re-examine how magic works.

With regards to Bruna:
Unless you have the nuts with Bruna, she is very stoppable (is that a word?) Maybe it says more of your playgroup that she can run around all willy-nilly and not be faced with adversity. Last I checked GB was stoppable as well but given his combo-enabling it would be a little more difficult.


Edit: So are you suggesting that the RC bans Bruna as well? If they haven't banned Zur, then I doubt Bruna is even on their radar.

_________________
I went outside once. The graphics were okay, but the gameplay sucked.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 9:07 pm 

Joined: 2012-Apr-09 10:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
arctic79 wrote:
@ Temennigru

They are both banned (Emmy vs GB) so what does it matter who thinks which one is more busted (GB by the way is the correct answer)

Put griselbrand and emmy on the battlefield and see who wins.

_________________
Teeka's Dragon + Grafted Exoskeleton + Magebane Armor + Lure is my personal favorite combo.
Current decks: Child of Alara Tribal Enchantment Deck
Soon to be: Mishra's Double Donger Artifact Steal Deck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 9:10 pm 

Joined: 2012-Apr-09 10:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
arctic79 wrote:
@ Temennigru

Edit: So are you suggesting that the RC bans Bruna as well? If they haven't banned Zur, then I doubt Bruna is even on their radar.

No. I'm suggesting they unban griselbrand. And bruna isn't on the radar because her power isn't as apparent as griselbrand's.

_________________
Teeka's Dragon + Grafted Exoskeleton + Magebane Armor + Lure is my personal favorite combo.
Current decks: Child of Alara Tribal Enchantment Deck
Soon to be: Mishra's Double Donger Artifact Steal Deck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 9:11 pm 

Joined: 2011-Apr-15 12:02 pm
Age: Drake
Temennigru wrote:
Put griselbrand and emmy on the battlefield and see who wins.

Big Game Hunter (he's like batman that way.)

_________________
Current Generals:
Child of Alara: Sideboard, the deck
Heartless Hidetsugu: Does what every other Heartless deck does.
Karador, Ghost Chieftain: Rebel Elf Ball
Patron of the Kitsune: Foxes are a strong tribal, right?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why was griselbrand banned?
AgePosted: 2012-Jul-06 9:27 pm 

Joined: 2012-Apr-09 10:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
brainface wrote:
Temennigru wrote:
Put griselbrand and emmy on the battlefield and see who wins.

Big Game Hunter (he's like batman that way.)

Intrepid hero kicks that guy's but.

_________________
Teeka's Dragon + Grafted Exoskeleton + Magebane Armor + Lure is my personal favorite combo.
Current decks: Child of Alara Tribal Enchantment Deck
Soon to be: Mishra's Double Donger Artifact Steal Deck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron