Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-15 9:02 am

Post subject: Lin Sivvi, Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile.
AgePosted: 2011-Feb-24 1:40 am 

That girl is poison. Poison!

I started playing EDH a few months ago after I found out a local card shop had a league and after a short stint with Teysa I decided to go back to what I know best mono-white. After a little netdecking I decided on Lin Sivvi but the deck lacked the aggressive nature I enjoy playing. The deck was just too slow. Besieged fixed all that. The addition of 3 interesting cards and streamlining the deck really worked out for me.

Here's my list.

Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero Varying rebel aether vial that searches your library for dudes. Sweetness.

Aven Mindcensor The effect is glorious. Only downside is that if an opponent casts Bribery and hits it you're pretty much done. The deck stalls like no other if its tutoring ability is stagnated.
Children of Korlis Basically a 4 casting cost recurring fog with the general out. Also great for fueling Skullclamp. Doesn't stand up to general damage or infinite damage though.
Defiant Vanguard Redundant rebel tutoring just in case Lin gets shuffled into your library.
Felidar Sovereign Variant win condition. Usually don't cast it. Just discard and Emeria it back onto the field after going infinite life late for the win.
Lawbringer To Kiki-jiki with hate. Also, Goblin Welder and pretty much every red general.
Lightbringer I know it's unpopular to hate the color but I hate all colors more or less.
Mirror Entity Usually the MVP of the deck. It does so much. Probably my favorite trick is pumping Inkmoth Nexus for lethal poison. Another nice trick is wiping out my own board in response to a Living Death.
Nightwind Glider Spends most of the carrying equipment.
Outrider en-Kor Part one of the infinite life combo.
Ramosian Captain See Defiant Vanguard.
Reveille Squad In response to your declaration of attack I tutor out the Squad for a nice set of blockers. Double Lin is also a plus.
Serra Ascendant The best turn one drop in EDH. Sure its got a giant target on its head but it allows you to setup everything else while your group focuses on it. Attack any player you guess might be waiting with Rite of Replication and don't stop until they're life total is below 30.
Stonecloaker Nice utility card. Has saved my bacon a few times.
Stoneforge Mystic Eqipment tutor lite. Yes I will put this Grafted Exoskeleton into play turn 3, attach it to my Serra Ascendant turn 4 and swing for 8 poison.
Stonehewer Giant Equipment tutor heavy.
Sun Titan So much brokeness. Aura of Silence and Stip Mine are the usual targets. Expedition Map is also come up a lot to find my Boseiju so I can get spells past blue mages. Another of the cards I rarely cast but is a bomb off of Emeria in the late game.
Task Force Part two of the infinite life combo.
Thermal Glider See Nightwing Glider.
Weathered Wayfarer More tutor! Now for land.
Whipcorder Someone got an Eldrazi into play. Oh noez! Whipcorder will fix that.
Zealot il-Vec So you can block fliers huh? How about shadow?

Austere Command Good all around removal.
Condemn Exile not destroy. There is so much graveyard recursion in EDH that simply destroying a creature will rarely be the end of it. Also prevents go into the grave effect and can be used in a jam to complete the life combo.
Enlightened Tutor More tutors!
Hallowed Burial Can be devastating for decks that lacks creature tutoring.
Hour of Reckoning
Idyllic Tutor Tutor.
Kirtar's Wrath Slightly advantageous wrath. Two tokens are usually fodder for Skullclamp.
Martial Coup Wrath for 7 with 5 soldiers for me. Next turn I play Mirror Entity and giggle with glee.
Oblation No. Just no. Return to deck and draw to cards.
Path to Exile See Condemn.
Phyrexian Rebirth Nothing better than casting this after someone thew down an Avenger of Zendikar.
Return to Dust See Condemn but instead of creature insert enchantment or artifact. Also a two for one with the option of instant speed.
Revoke Existence See Return to Dust.
Saltblast Utility. Most common targets are islands.
Steelshaper's Gift Tutor.
Swords to Plowshares See Condemn.
Wrath of God When all else fails go with the original.

Animal Boneyard Third part of life combo. Prevents opponents from stealing your creatures.
Aura of Silence Slows down your opponents and nukes annoying lock pieces.
Bound in Silence Lin can lock down an opposing general at instant speed. Very nice.
Equipoise Combos with Sands of Time for a one-sided Balance. Keeps token decks in check.
Land Tax Allows you to consistantly drop lands. Makes starting one land hands keepable.
Marshal's Anthem Buff and graveyard recursion. Shuts off Skullclap abuse.
Oblivion Ring Tutorable removal that gets rid of problem spots.
Test of Endurance Alternate win condition after life combo.
True Conviction The best creature enhancing enchantment white has. Poison counters times two.

Bonehoard Late game this thing is massive. Attach to Inkmoth Nexus for shenanigans.
Brittle Effigy Answers Iona set to white.
Crucible of Worlds Strip Mine lock.
Crystal Ball Card quality.
Elixir of Immortality Protection for your graveyard.
Everflowing Chalice Mana excel in a color that has none is always welcome.
Expedition Map Tutor for land.
Extraplanar Lens Ramp.
Grafted Exoskeleton I you have a tough time doing 40 regular damage or 21 general damage cheat in 10 poison.
Lightning Greaves Haste and untargetability with zero equip cost? Sign me up.
Sands of Time Combo with Equipoise and good by itself. Wish mana burn was still around though.
Scroll Rack Card quality.
Sensei's Divining Top Card quality.
Skullclamp Card draw good.
Sol Ring Mana ramp.
Sword of Fire and Ice Best sword for this deck. Prevents creature bounce, shocks and draws a card.
Thran Dynamo Ramp.

Elspeth, Knight-Errant Planeswalker who can protect herself. Getting off her last ability should give you the game.

Ancient Tomb Ramp. Three mana turn two might not sound incredible to most decks but for a mono-white deck it's good.
Boseiju, Who Shelters All Bypass those counterspells those dirty blue players have been stocking up. Be wary of Archive Trap.
Emeria, the Sky Ruin With seven plains in play this thing drops bombs.
Flagstones of Trokair Getting even a single plains in play after someone geddons can be cruical.
Inkmoth Nexus This thing will win you games.
Kor Haven Good utility land. Usually save it for generals.
Marsh Flats Thinning out your deck is always good. Crucible and Sun Titan target.
Miren, the Moaning Well Third part of life combo. I use it over Diamond Valley because it taps for mana.
Mistveil Plains With the repeatable tutoring of Lin and Weathered Wayfarer this can get pretty degenerate.
Mouth of Ronom Very few creatures have protection from lands. Expensive.
Scrying Sheets Card draw.
21 Snow-Covered Plains Allows me to be selfish with Extraplanar Lens usually and lets me run Mouth and Sheets.
Strip Mine Academy Ruins, Cabal Coffers, Gaea's Cradle, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth...
Vesuva Copies whatever lands you want and acts as a back up Stip Mine for legendary lands.

For a fast Spikish kill go for the poison kill. For more casual go for either a massive wave of rebels or the alternate life win conditions.

Tired now. I'll add more later if there is any interest in the deck.

Shoutout to (nameless one) on The Source from whom I drew a lot of the tech for this deck.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Lin Sivvi, Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile.
AgePosted: 2011-Feb-24 2:01 am 

Have you thought about Thran Turbine & Heartstone?

Both would reduce your recovery and rebel search costs for Lin-Sivvi.

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Feb-24 2:25 am 

In my Lin Sivvi deck I found I can get along just fine without reducing the tutor cost. The cards you're tutoring for aren't too expensive to begin with as long as you search for them with Lin Sivvi. What can be worthwhile though is rings of brighthearth, getting both life combo cards at once is pretty good and it can always copy a fetch for additional lands (I'd recommend playing more fetch and thawing glaciers, but this might force you away from your cards that abuse all those snow-covered plains, but I'm pretty happy without them myself).

Aven riftwatcher and changeling hero are pretty good rebels to be able to fetch. 6: gain 4, block a nasty attacker, is pretty good and an additional flier sometimes helps the entity, while the hero has saved Lin Sivvi or something more important from mass removal quite often.

I found that when I go for the life combo (which my deck focusses a little more on) I generally need quite some time after that before I win and I have therefore included a few cards that will keep naughty generals off my back. Invulnerability is the best of these and might be worthy of consideration for your list as well, it is really hard for opponents to stop it.

I dance all night and I sleep all day

3 Steps Ahead - I'm A Gabber

Automatically add card tags to the card names in any text:
http://manabase.com/autocard.php

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Feb-24 11:26 am 

Sword of Feast and Famine seems fine here. How often is the Shock from SoFI relevant? Probably not often, if I had to guess, but that's just my experience. SoFF on the other hand lets you tutor multiple times in a turn, which seems pretty good.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Mar-24 7:29 am 

Hey, thanks for the shout out.

I noticed that youre not running Quietus Spike. That card is awesome especially if you can equip it to an evasion guy. It can also be a pseudo-tim if you equip it to Zealot il-Vec.

And isnt Crucible of Worlds banned in EDH?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Mar-24 7:48 am 

Her butt is quite small.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Mar-24 3:37 pm 

(nameless one) wrote:
And isnt Crucible of Worlds banned in EDH?

Only on the French list. It's legal here in the states.

Joz wrote:
Her butt is quite small.

It's true. :cry: Hopefully a new version will come out with From the Vault: Legends and Lin will have some work done.

Offline Profile