Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-18 2:43 am

Post subject: Baru, Fist of Krosa, straight to your face
AgePosted: 2011-Feb-20 1:12 am 

1 Baru, Fist of Krosa King of the jungle! The deck revolves around him. Get him out quickly when the conditions are right, and let the "landfall" trigger like crazy!

39 Lands
36 Forest More forests mean more Baru triggers
1 Jungle Basin Works well with Garruk
1 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood With cards that produce multiple creatures, or even just pumping up one for an extra land
1 Mosswort Bridge The hideaway is easy to obtain

31 Creatures
1 Birds of Paradise The only flier in the deck.
1 Scute Mob Cute mob, more like it. This thing gets big quick.
1 Sylvan Safekeeper Help protect your creatures.
1 Quirion Ranger Her ability is surprisingly useful. You don't even have to untap a creature. Just being able to replay a land is sweet enough.
1 Sakura-Tribe Elder I'll get a land later.
1 Sylvan Ranger I'll get a land now.
1 Vinelasher Kudzu Another one that grows unexpectedly large.
1 Fauna Shaman Toss out the weaker, smaller ones to get something more explosive.
1 Viridian Zealot Quick creature, great utility.
1 Foratog As long as it has trample, it can finish a game off on its own (for a hefty sacrifice).
1 Eternal Witness Hottie gets a card back!
1 Yavimaya Elder Big card advantage in the old man.
1 Forgotten Ancient He can be tricky for opponents. Makes them realize how much they are actually casting.
1 Oracle of Mul Daya Huge ramp advantage if you get the right cards to come up.
1 Wolfbriar Elemental Puppy maker!
1 Squirrel Wrangler Squirrel maker!
1 Arashi, the Sky Asunder Wrecks the skies on target.
1 Bellowing Tanglewurm Against certain decks, you can walk right through your opponent.
1 Ursapine He'll make your opponent rethink on how to attack or block.
1 Seedborn Muse Fresh start on everyone else's upkeep.
1 Ant Queen So, about that fresh start...
1 Thornling Can be pretty tough to get rid of.
1 Silklash Spider Another sky wrecker.
1 Genesis Toss him away to Fauna, and get back anything else that has ever died.
1 Kamahl, Fist of Krosa The left fist in the deck (cause Baru is the right one).
1 Primeval Titan Obvious card is obvious!
1 Rampaging Baloths Landfall triggers can be deadly. 5/5 with trample anyone?
1 Vigor Protects your other creatures and watches them grow.
1 Kalonian Behemoth The fattest in here. On yeah, hard to kill, too.
1 Tornado Elemental The third anti-air dude, with super trample!

5 Ramp
1 Crop Rotation Sac a land to go get a unique land.
1 Khalni Heart Expedition Sac it on the attack for +2/+2 with Baru
1 Explore Another +2/+2 potential.
1 Cultivate +2/+2 again.
1 Harrow +3/+3, yum!

7 Creature Search
1 Worldly Tutor My Baru was countered with Hinder. Right back to the top, please! Or anything else I want/need.
1 Defense of the Heart Gives your opponent one more turn to prepare for the worst.
1 Primal Command Shuffle your graveyard into your library, and THEN look for a creature! Or whatever else you want to do!
1 Summoning Trap Let's see, I'll pick......
1 Tooth and Nail Let's see, I'll slaughter you with.....
1 Green Sun's Zenith With so much utility built into the creatures, you can't go wrong with anything you pick.
1 Genesis Wave Yeah, even if X is 3, it can still serve it's purpose. But let's wait for X to be 5 at least!

9 Card Advantage
1 Mirri's Guile It's Divining Top, but old school, which makes it a bit more fun and unique!
1 Life from the Loam Get some of that mana back!
1 Crucible of Worlds Or just play it straight from the grave!
1 Seer's Sundial And now let's draw cards from what we just played.
1 Harmonize Or draw cards the old fashioned way.
1 Momentous Fall At instant speed, this thing can be so damn sexy
1 Greater Good Toss some land, get them back later. Or even toss out creatures and get it back with other cards
1 Restock Make it count!
1 Praetor's Counsel Even if the graveyard has only ten cards in it, it's still worth it!

4 Control
1 Naturalize You gotta have some of this in here!
1 Krosan Grip Quicker removal.
1 Asceticism Cover up your creatures and keep them alive a bit longer.
1 Squall Line The forth and final anti air, and a slap in the face to the players, too.

2 Token Generation
1 Beacon of Creation Bugs!
1 Howl of the Night Pack Puppies!

3 Buffs
1 Rancor Cheap, strong, replaceable buff!
1 Gauntlet of Power Double up on the fun.
1 Garruk Wildspeaker You didn't think I'd leave him out, did you? He completes the family tree!

Okay, plain and simple, get out a few creatures, play Baru, trigger his ability a few times in a single turn, and overwhelm your opponents. I've played up to six forests in one turn so far. Some tips would be:
-Discard any creature card with Fauna Shaman to get Genesis. Then next turn, discard Genesis to get what you want. Now anything you ever discard is reacquireable.
-If Oracle is in play, play lands from the top of your deck instead of your hand. Then, play lands with Crucible. THEN play from your hand.
-Feel free to tap out completely for Wolfbrair. Kick it to the max. Then next turn, one Baru trigger can make them a huge threat.
-Don't worry about Squirrel Wrangler's second ability. All you should care about is more creatures on the battlefield.
-Fish out Arashi or Silklash if there's only one or two semi-threatening fliers on the other side of the battlefield. Otherwise, fish out the Tornado for instant removal, unless they are really big.
-Seedborn and Ant Queen is a fun combo. Or Seedborn and Fauna Shaman.
-Kamahl makes your lands into creatures, but they won't be green creatures, and not gain Baru's benefit. But Kamahl's overrun ability, on the other hand...
-When Primeval attacks, get two forests to pump up all attackers for an extra +2/+2.
-Vigor may not attack often, but keep in mind, it's one of three cards that gets shuffled back into your deck when it hits the graveyard. The other two is Green Sun and Beacon.
-Khalni Heart should be sacrificed on the attack, after they decided to block or not. Use it as a threat.
-Green Sun can get out a TON of utility, even if X is low.
1-Shroud with Safekeeper
2-Disenchant with Zealot
2-Search with Fauna
4-Ramp with Oracle

This deck doesn't need big fat fatties. Just a bunch of small creatures that can all grow quickly. Anyways, that's the deck. What it lacks for control, it more than makes up for with face punching. I'm slowly working on a 10-card sideboard, but still need more ideas and research on that.

Let me know what you think!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Baru, Fist of Krosa, straight to your face
AgePosted: 2011-Feb-26 8:44 am 

How about Grazing Gladehart? Seems like lifegain could not hurt at all... I would also look at Avenger of Zendikar, as he lets you put creatures into play and pumps them up when land enters play.
I may have to build this one, as it is just rude! Nice job!!!

Offline Profile