Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-20 8:28 am

Post subject: Ulasht, the Hate Seed
AgePosted: 2010-Jul-09 9:24 am 

Here is my Ulasht, the Hate Seed deck. I have a relatively low amount a spells, due to the my General's ability. I opted for creatures that ramp instead of ramp spells and artifacts. I tried to put in as much creature tutoring as I could. It has Survival of the Fittest, Wild Pair, and Skyshroud Poacher and lots of tutor spells. The Poacher really gets this deck going with 10 creatures it can get. You can get a Fierce Empath to get what ever you want 6 mana and up, Nullmage Shepard to blow up stuff, Rofellos, Oracle, and wood elf type creatures to ramp, Piper to play cheap fatties, and Deranged Hermit for mass creatures. The Wild Pair made the Deck real toolboxy as well were a cheap dude can get you anything from Kiki Jiki, Furystoke Giant, or almost anything else you could want (Kamahl is the only creture that gets nothing and can not be got). I purposely put in little removal. The deck pretty much swarms real fast and I can kill things with Furystoke Giant, and Ulasht with or without a death touch equip. Godo can get equipment and there are various was of getting Godo. The deck is real fun to play, is very agressive, and can get out of hand quickly. I've won with General Damage, Kamahl, Furystoke Giant (as well as Seedborn Muse, Kik Jiki, Furystoke Gaint), many times with Beastmaster Ascension, and Even a turn 6 Warp World for 15 permanents (only got 12 cards that won't come into play off Warp World). My Current mood in EDH Deck building has been few removal spells, removal synergies with creatures, and very aggressive.

Let Me know what you think.

GENERAL
Ulasht, the Hate Seed

38 CREATURES
MANA CREATURES
Emrakul's Hatcher
Farhaven Elf
Kozilek's Predator
Ondu Giant
Oracle of Mul Daya
Primeval Titan
Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
Silverglade Elemental
Wood Elves
Yavimaya Dryad
TOKEN CREATURES
Ant Queen
Avenger of Zendikar
Deranged Hermit
Dragon Broodmother
Imperious Perfect
Living Hive
Mycoloth
Nacatl War-Pride
Rakka Mar
Rampaging Baloths
Siege-Gang Commander
Verdant Force
Wolfbriar Elemental
UTILITY CREATURES
Elvish Piper
Eternal Witness
Fauna Shaman
Fierce Empath
Furystoke Giant
Godo, Bandit Warlord
Hoard-Smelter Dragon
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
Nullmage Shepherd
Regal Force
Seedborn Muse
Skyshroud Poacher
Squee, Goblin Nabob

10 SPELLS
Chord of Calling
Collective Unconscious
Genesis Wave
Harmonize
Natural Order
Reap and Sow
Restock
Tooth and Nail
Sylvan Scrying
Warp World

7 ENCHANTMENTS
Beastmaster Ascension
Doubling Season
Fires of Yavimaya
Lurking Predators
Mana Reflection
Survival of the Fittest
Wild Pair

6 ARTIFACTS
Basilisk Collar
Mimic Vat
Minion Reflector
Quietus Spike
Skullclamp
Tawnos's Coffin

2 PLAINSWALKERS
Garruk Wildspeaker
Sarkhan Vol

36 LANDS
Fire-Lit Thicket
11 Forest
Fungal Reaches
Gaea's Cradle
Gruul Turf
Highland Weald
Kazandu Refuge
Khalni Garden
Kher Keep
Mosswort Bridge
8 Mountain
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
Rootbound Crag
Shivan Oasis
Skarrg, the Rage Pits
Spinerock Knoll
Stomping Ground
Taiga
Winding Canyons

Current Generals:

Last edited by GU Doug on 2010-Nov-06 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Ulasht, the Hate Seed
AgePosted: 2010-Jul-18 6:09 am 

With Ulasht, you want Tawnos's Coffin. I'd also add in some more board control creatures: specifically more artifact / enchantment removal, Capricious Efreet, and Orcish Settlers?

Have you considered Battle Squadron and Vulshok Battlemaster?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Jul-18 6:53 pm 

green slime wrote:
With Ulasht, you want Tawnos's Coffin. I'd also add in some more board control creatures: specifically more artifact / enchantment removal, Capricious Efreet, and Orcish Settlers?

Have you considered Battle Squadron and Vulshok Battlemaster?

Townos coffin seems good. I'm not trying to say that this deck list is by any means the best. This is my 11th EDH deck and sometimes I just like to build decks that for the most part don't care about what my opponents are doing. I have multiple ways to get the few creatures I run to get rid of things. So far I have been pleased with the strategy of make a bunch of dudes and kill you.

Current Generals:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Jul-18 6:59 pm 

ummm..... you're welcome?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Jul-20 6:10 am 

green slime wrote:
ummm..... you're welcome?

No I like Tawno's Coffin. Went out and got one.

Current Generals:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Jul-22 8:21 pm 

Random observation - Ulasht the Hate Seed's name works in very well to the lyrics of Du Hast by Rammstein. Just in case you feel like singing when you cast your general...

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Nov-06 11:58 am 

Updated the deck list to what it currently looks like. Any Ideas on what I am missing. I have run a lot of different creatures in this deck that ended up getting cut but I am open to suggestions.

Current Generals:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Nov-06 4:51 pm 

Nice list. I like how you've ran with the toolbox idea. I see what you're saying about having a similar build. Permanents rock, don't they? I've taken some card ideas off your list, too. Skyshroud Poacher... the more I think about it... I probably should be running.

Your Godo package seems a bit small. You've got your choice of Clamp or Deathtouch... I'd also think about giving Scythe of the Wretched or Nim Deathmantle a try, as ways of protecting/blinking Ulasht. Scythe is particularly good as a wrath deterrent, but the Deathmantle is a fine way to get general damage through, too.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Nov-07 11:41 am 

I'm sure i will put the death mantle in. I just quickly threw some of the new cards in the deck. Not sure if I like the mimic vat in here. It is ok but to many people are playing it right now in my play group so it turns into a "you only get the creature on certain turns or if no one else wants it" artifact. I'ld like to have Nemata back in the deck for the Seedborn muse abuse and I think Verdoloth is really good, especially with big mana and haste.

I got into a rut of putting Skyshroud Poacher and/or Captain Sisay toolboxes into a lot of my decks. Some sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I like the Poacher package in this deck. I use to have a few more elves but they just weren't as good as other creatures even though I could tutor them.

Current Generals:

Offline Profile