Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-17 11:37 am

Post subject: Mono Green ETB / Stompy (Nissa, Vastwood Seer)
AgePosted: 2018-Oct-30 10:40 am 

Commander - (1)
1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer

Creatures - (11)
1 Fauna Shaman
1 Frontier Guide
1 Pollenbright Druid
1 Eternal Witness
1 Evolution Sage
1 Fierce Empath
1 Foul Emissary
1 Brawn
1 Seedborn Muse
1 Avenger of Zendikar
1 Craterhoof Behemoth

Instants - (12)
1 Crop Rotation
1 Constant Mists
1 Heroic Intervention
1 Moment's Peace
1 Return to Nature
1 Force of Vigor
1 Arachnogenesis
1 Beast Within
1 Chord of Calling
1 Early Harvest
1 Harrow
1 Krosan Grip

Sorceries - (12)
1 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Finale of Devastation
1 Road of Return
1 Cultivate
1 Genesis Wave
1 Kodama's Reach
1 Harmonize
1 Plow Under
1 Primal Command
1 Stunted Growth
1 Boundless Realms
1 Praetor's Counsel

Artifacts - (12)
1 Amulet of Vigor
1 Expedition Map
1 Sol Ring
1 Strionic Resonator
1 Vivien's Arkbow
1 Lifecrafter's Bestiary
1 Blood Clock
1 Empowered Autogenerator
1 Umbilicus
1 Eldrazi Monument
1 Mind's Eye
1 Caged Sun

Enchantments - (12)
1 Helix Pinnacle
1 Oath of Druids
1 Gravity Well
1 Growing Rites of Itlimoc
1 Holistic Wisdom
1 Rites of Flourishing
1 Spidersilk Armor
1 Unbound Flourishing
1 Greater Good
1 Nylea, God of the Hunt
1 Wilderness Reclamation
1 Sandwurm Convergence

Planeswalkers - (6)
1 Nissa, Vital Force
1 Nissa, Worldwaker
1 Nissa, Who Shakes the World
1 Vivien, Champion of the Wilds
1 Garruk Wildspeaker
1 Jiang Yanggu

Lands - (34)
25 Forest
1 Blighted Woodland
1 Undiscovered Paradise
1 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
1 Slippery Karst
1 Tranquil Thicket
1 Jungle Basin
1 Karn's Bastion
1 Maze of Ith

Strategy is to spam ETB and Landfall triggers while building up an army of creatures to swing for game with. While I liked Jolrael, Empress of Beasts I feel that her 5CMC might become a detriment to the deck itself which is why I went with Nissa, Vastwood Seer for better acceleration early to mid game while becoming less of a target compared to Azusa, Lost but Seeking.

Any help, advice, comments, and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

"Stax is the hero we need but don't deserve. Too many people just play dumb stuff and often games devolve into "who does their dumb stuff first". People essentially just goldfishing. Great social format you got here Sheldon." - illakunsaa

Last edited by Card Slinger J on 2019-Sep-13 4:11 pm, edited 62 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Mono Green ETB Control and Value (Nissa, Vastwood Seer)
AgePosted: 2018-Oct-30 1:00 pm 

Ok, this is a clever decklist. Nice job.

The deck's only got a couple token engines though... what happens when Swords to Plowshares happens? There's plenty of lifegain and some berserk mana making ability: maybe Squall Line as an alt-win?

Speaking of lifegain, you might thinking about swapping some of your straight life-gain sorceries for Respite and/or Blunt the Assault.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-31 10:52 am 

Thanks.

Instead of more combat prevention with Respite and Blunt the Assault, I'd probably be better off running more Sorcery speed win cons to capitalize on my Plant tokens such as Overwhelming Stampede and Overcome. I'm already running Triumph of the Hordes and Overrun so why not run a "playset" of similar abilities?

Prowling Serpopard or Baru, Fist of Krosa might be a decent replacement for Courser of Kruphix to help enhance my creatures further. Lifegift could probably be taken out for Manabond to help with some of the other card synergies in this deck. One of my friends at my locals runs a very similar Nissa, Vastwood Seer EDH deck compared to this one that I really enjoyed playing when I borrowed it.

"Stax is the hero we need but don't deserve. Too many people just play dumb stuff and often games devolve into "who does their dumb stuff first". People essentially just goldfishing. Great social format you got here Sheldon." - illakunsaa

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-31 12:16 pm 

Card Slinger J wrote:
Instead of more combat prevention with Respite and Blunt the Assault, I'd probably be better off running more Sorcery speed win cons to capitalize on my Plant tokens such as Overwhelming Stampede and Overcome. I'm already running Triumph of the Hordes and Overrun so why not run a "playset" of similar abilities?

Maybe? I was thinking about it a little more, and your build is different enough from most mono-green lists I've played with/against, so I'm not sure I know how to balance out tokens + pump effects + other stuff. If you want more Overrun-effects though, Kamahl, Fist of Krosa would be my first pick.

Card Slinger J wrote:
Baru, Fist of Krosa might be a decent replacement for Courser of Kruphix to help enhance my creatures further. Lifegift could probably be taken out for Manabond to help with some of the other card synergies in this deck. One of my friends at my locals runs a very similar Nissa, Vastwood Seer EDH deck compared to this one that I really enjoyed playing when I borrowed it.

Baru is terrifying in my Seton deck. It doesn't have nearly as many ways to manipulate forests as this deck, so I'd imagine it'd be pretty good. I'd keep Courser and scratch a life gain sorcery/other enchantment instead, but I'm biased in favor of things I can attack or block with.

Manabond is a card I've always wanted to play with, but I've never figured out how to make it work.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-01 11:34 am 

Kemev wrote:
Maybe? I was thinking about it a little more, and your build is different enough from most mono-green lists I've played with/against, so I'm not sure I know how to balance out tokens + pump effects + other stuff. If you want more Overrun-effects though, Kamahl, Fist of Krosa would be my first pick.

Kamahl, Fist of Krosa does have amazing synergy with Seedborn Muse and Awakening for pumping up my Plant creature tokens as potential blockers during combat. Bramble Sovereign seems like a really good political tool to keep certain players off my back while simultaneously advancing my board state in the process.

Kemev wrote:
Baru is terrifying in my Seton deck. It doesn't have nearly as many ways to manipulate forests as this deck, so I'd imagine it'd be pretty good. I'd keep Courser and scratch a life gain sorcery/other enchantment instead, but I'm biased in favor of things I can attack or block with.

Manabond is a card I've always wanted to play with, but I've never figured out how to make it work.

Courser of Kruphix does help with mana ramp so I'll most likely keep it in, as for Overwhelming Stampede and Overcome I might be better off with Desert Twister and Whirlwind as a way to deal with fliers. I used to run Manabond in my O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami deck as a way to get dual lands out faster so I figured since I can keep using Nissa, Vastwood Seer's ETB trigger to get multiple lands in hand with Panharmonicon the better.

Offline Profile