Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Apr-22 8:34 am

Post subject: Edgar - Beatdown
AgePosted: 2017-Nov-21 4:56 am 

I put this together on paper and online, so far I have played 8 games and won 5, I lost to a Intet "turn 5 infinite turns snorefest", I lost to Mizzix "lots of boardwipes", and I lost to Darien, King of Kjeldor, mostly cause Athreos, God of Passage played kingmaker. I think the deck is in a good place, strong but not overbearing. I feel like I contribute to interesting board states and for the most part it is interesting to play against. Am I missing any good vampires? Are there too many of one thing or not enough of another? I have been playing for quite some time so I might have whatever you suggest or will acquire it if it is very important to the deck. Thanks!

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Edgar - Beatdown
AgePosted: 2017-Nov-25 4:46 pm 

Well...i tried to think of a good vampire you don't have, but you've got it pretty much all covered. All I have to wonder about is if you have enough card draw in the deck. I keep finding myself wishing I had more card draw in my RWB decks. Do you feel like you could use more?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-27 7:31 am 

Segrus wrote:
Well...i tried to think of a good vampire you don't have, but you've got it pretty much all covered. All I have to wonder about is if you have enough card draw in the deck. I keep finding myself wishing I had more card draw in my RWB decks. Do you feel like you could use more?

I feel like I need more, I just want to keep the creature count high and only Vampires, but I really want to add Shared Animosity and something to draw... Just not sure what to add.

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-27 12:34 pm 

You can start with Skullclamp

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-28 3:33 pm 

Sovarius wrote:
You can start with Skullclamp

Yeah, I looked through my Edgar deck and Skullclamp seemed like a pretty solid option.

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Segrus wrote:
I feel like I need more, I just want to keep the creature count high and only Vampires

Oh, yeah, keep the vamp count high (Count Dracula? Count Von Count? :lol: ).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-29 2:32 am 

I find both Falkenrath Aristocrat and Yahenni, Undying Partisan work very well in my Edgar deck to weather the board wipes. Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet does good double duty as a beatstick and graveyard removal.

Since you're running a creature-based white deck, I'd also suggest True Conviction. With a creature-based token generating deck, I'd consider Eldrazi Monument.

Also, you definitely should have New Blood in there - stealing someone else's Lord or type-matters card can have a major turnaround effect on the game. I've taken Bonescythe Sliver, Galecaster Colossus, and Azami, Lady of Scrolls in various games to great effect.

One last suggestion: Put in Kher Keep (a.k.a. "Vampire McDonald's") to feed your sacrifice effect vampires.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Last edited by Willbender on 2017-Nov-29 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-29 2:38 am 

Willbender wrote:
I find both Falkenrath Aristocrat and Yahenni, Undying Partisan work very well in my Edgar deck to weather the board wipes. Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet does good double duty as a beatstick and graveyard removal.

Also, you definitely should have New Blood in there - stealing someone else's Lord or type-matters card can have a major turnaround effect on the game. I've taken Bonescythe Sliver, Galecaster Colossus, and Azami, Lady of Scrolls in various games to great effect.

Good points, I will have to acquire these cards online (I end up playing more there). Thanks!

Shabbaman wrote:

Offline Profile