Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Sep-25 5:32 pm

Post subject: Hazezon Tamar - Looking out for the little guy
AgePosted: 2017-Sep-19 3:02 am 

So I have been trying to find a Naya commander that I liked, and figured I would give Hazezon Tamar a shot. I really like him, but he is pretty slow. I have been tweaking this deck for a little bit online, before I actually buy it in paper. I am not too worried about the mana base as it will be okay considering all the ramp (or at least that is the idea).

I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on buying all the stuff I would need to make this in paper, (I have most just need to buy Hazezon which I found one for around $40) so let me know what you think. Should I take out Meekstone? Is Shields of Velis Vel a good "Gotcha" card for that jerk that kills Hazezon?

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hazezon Tamar - Looking out for the little guy
AgePosted: 2017-Oct-23 3:24 am 

Looks like you're going for the token swarm win. Are disinclined to go for the easy wins with the Craterhoof like cards? How about some simple Overrun stuff like Kamahl, Fist of Krosa?

I've been trying to make Hazezon work. Having a hard time. I currently have an Enchantress style build that wins with Vicious Shadows, Goblin Bombardment or Shared Animosity. Not a big fan of it so far, far too slow and fragile. I may dig up my Hazezon "Lands Matter" deck that had Titania, Borborygmos, and Angry Omnath in it. It was fun and with some tweaking could have been mean. Naya works well for lands matter.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hazezon Tamar - Looking out for the little guy
AgePosted: 2018-Jan-15 5:14 am 

[quote="scatteredsun"]Looks like you're going for the token swarm win. Are disinclined to go for the easy wins with the Craterhoof like cards? How about some simple Overrun stuff like Kamahl, Fist of Krosa?

Agreed you want something to pump those tokens. I used Hazezon as general for a little while but it is just too easy to disrupt him due to the wait for tokens and eating them all if he dies. I ended up putting him in the deck and using Rith, the Awakener as general.

Other creature/pump:
Balefire Liege
Boartusk Liege
Wilt-Leaf Liege
Silver Seraph
Cathars' Crusade

Or if you want to go old school to match your general:
Marton Stromgald

Offline Profile