Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Dec-15 12:02 am

Post subject: O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami Voltron (Multiplayer Commander)
AgePosted: 2017-Sep-05 5:02 pm 

Commander - (1)
1 O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami

Creatures - (12)
1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
1 Warden of the Eye
1 Saffi Eriksdotter
1 Elvish Spirit Guide
1 Simian Spirit Guide
1 Eternal Dragon
1 Shoreline Ranger
1 Twisted Abomination
1 Chartooth Cougar
1 Elvish Aberration
1 Riftsweeper
1 Anger

Instants - (12)
1 Ad Nauseam
1 Plunge into Darkness
1 Tainted Pact
1 Pull from Eternity
1 Krosan Reclamation
1 Divergent Growth
1 Dawn Charm
1 Sudden Spoiling
1 Moment's Peace
1 Sylvan Reclamation
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Krosan Grip

Sorceries - (12)
1 Recurring Insight
1 Cultivate
1 Kodama's Reach
1 Shard Convergence
1 Energy Bolt
1 Merciless Eviction
1 Decimate
1 Rites of Reaping
1 Sangrite Surge
1 Waves of Aggression
1 Relentless Assault
1 Seize the Day

Artifacts - (12)
1 Howling Mine
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Mind's Eye
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Phyrexian Furnace
1 Sol Ring
1 Lotus Petal
1 Chromatic Lantern
1 Expedition Map
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
1 Fireshrieker
1 Vial of Poison

Enchantments - (12)
1 Rites of Flourishing
1 Compulsion
1 Fool's Demise
1 Journey to Eternity
1 Manabond
1 Prismatic Omen
1 Collective Restraint
1 Bear Umbra
1 Instill Energy
1 Blood Sun
1 Pemmin's Aura
1 Aggravated Assault

Planeswalkers - (5)
1 Ajani, Caller of the Pride
1 Jace Beleren
1 Liliana Vess
1 Chandra Ablaze
1 Samut, the Tested

Lands - (34)
2 Plains
2 Island
2 Swamp
2 Mountain
4 Forest
1 Krosan Verge
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Dragonskull Summit
1 Rootbound Crag
1 Clifftop Retreat
1 Sulfur Falls
1 Isolated Chapel
1 Woodland Cemetery
1 Hinterland Harbor
1 Sunpetal Grove
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Watery Grave
1 Blood Crypt
1 Stomping Ground
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Steam Vents
1 Godless Shrine
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Breeding Pool
1 Temple Garden

Strategy is to take advantage of O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami's exile trigger to control the board state either by forcing my opponents creatures to attack me without losing the game, gaining multiple activation's of his exile trigger through double strike and additional combat phases.

Any other help, advice, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Card Slinger J on 2018-Mar-22 2:50 pm, edited 129 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami Pillowfort
AgePosted: 2017-Sep-05 5:32 pm 

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but O-Kagachi is a nonbo with Planeswalkers, and Gideon Jura in particular. The ability will trigger only if the player attacked you, not if they attacked a planeswalker you control.
Here's the full ruling from Gatherer:

Quote:
A player attacked you if that player declared a creature as an attacking creature and that creature is attacking you. If that player attacked only planeswalkers you control, that player didn’t attack you. If that player’s creatures were attacking you only because they were put onto the battlefield attacking or only because you were reselected as the player they were attacking, that player didn’t attack you.

In my opinion, the Kamigawa theme is awesome, so I hope you can make this deck work. :)
That may be on the janky side, but why not play the 5 Honden?

Also, I expected the deck to have a few fog effects (repeatable ones such as Constant Mists or Dawnstrider).

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami Voltron
AgePosted: 2017-Dec-25 5:06 pm 

I tried the Kamigawa theme with O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami however it wasn't consistent enough to work properly. As far as Fog abilities go I've been struggling to find the right balance while relying mostly on board wipes and spot removal to cover for me most of the time. I did dabble with Comeuppance and Aetherize at one point but found Echoing Truth to be more flexible.

I've won games as early as turn 6 or 7 with Sword of Feast and Famine on O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami though I haven't won with Bear Umbra yet. Usually I manage to cast Wrecking Ogre for Bloodrush giving my Commander double strike If need be or with Ajani, Caller of the Pride / Samut, the Tested.

After testing this deck against Prossh, Skyraider of Kher Food Chain combo I realized that I needed to run answers with Null Rod, Damping Matrix, Cursed Totem, and Tsabo's Web for dealing with Maze of Ith locking me out though I don't know what to take out for them.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-29 6:21 am 

When I build O-Kagachi, I want to put in Trove of Temptation. Mana, and forced attacks for vengeance.

I wanted to ask though, how is Manabond working out for you? I'm usually reticent to discard my hand without a ton of options from it (Madness, flashback, massive on-board card draw).

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-29 5:15 pm 

Manabond has it's uses especially If I'm able to use Land Tax and/or Shard Convergence in conjunction with it. One game when I was playing against Ramos, Dragon Engine I managed to get 4-5 lands on turn 2 with Summer Bloom though sadly I was a couple turns away from a blue mana source to cast my General.

It's not so much that I want to force attacks in order to get O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami's exile trigger to go off when I'd rather focus on pressuring my opponents into attacking me while having that extra benefit of exiling their nonland permanents through double strike and multiple combat phases as a rattlesnake effect on the board.

Often times I lack a way to prevent combat damage in order to buy myself a turn to take out multiple opponents at once If need be or a way to keep my lands untapped during each of my opponents' turns like with Sword of Feast and Famine and Bear Umbra though Seedborn Muse would work If she didn't paint herself as much of a target as Consecrated Sphinx.

Offline Profile