Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-11 9:01 am

Post subject: RaiRai's Unknown Horizions [Eldrazi, Aggro, theme, Kruphix]
AgePosted: 2016-Jun-16 1:23 pm 

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I'm here today bringing you a bit of work in progress that will frighten the socks off your cohorts who despise Eldrazi. Originally the idea for this came from the time I bought a prebuilt Simic Eldrazi color deck for standard then when I started playing commander and I learned of Kruphix and his ability to store and generate colorless mana. I started to build and build I did with every token dropping Eldrazi in my collection as well as some of the nastier big ones.

This a tweaked online version that is extremely dedicated to creating metric fracktons of mana in a short time span, also on a side note, the Ulamog is interchangeable with ceasless hunger, whichever one is monetarily cheaper. This deck is the reason I wanted Emrakul unbanned (though I suspect her presence in eldritch moon so I may get my wish), so I could have all three titans in one deck dedicated to summoning them. This is mainly a mystery themed deck with the Eldrazi playing the part of the unknown, and someone could perhaps adapt this to suit artifacts better.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rairais- ... -horizion/

1x Abstruse Interference
1x Adverse Conditions
1x Altar of the Brood
1x Awakening Zone
1x Bane of Bala Ged
1x Bident of Thassa
1x Blighted Woodland
1x Blisterpod
1x Bow of Nylea
1x Call the Scions
1x Call to the Kindred
1x Containment Membrane
1x Courser of Kruphix
1x Cryptolith Rite
1x Cultivator Drone
1x Dakra Mystic
1x Darksteel Citadel
1x Deny Existence
1x Descendants' Path
1x Dictate of Karametra
1x Dictate of Kruphix
1x Dreamstone Hedron
1x Eldrazi Devastator
1x Eldrazi Skyspawner
1x Eldrazi Temple
1x Evolving Wilds
1x Eye of Ugin
9x Forest
1x From Beyond
1x Gravity Negator
1x Hedron Crawler
1x Holdout Settlement
1x Incubator Drone
9x Island
1x Karametra's Acolyte
1x Kozilek's Channeler
1x Kozilek's Pathfinder
1x Kozilek, the Great Distortion
1x Kruphix's Insight
1x Leaf Gilder
1x Lifespring Druid
1x Market Festival
1x Natural Connection
1x Nest Invader
1x Nissa's Pilgrimage
1x Nylea, God of the Hunt
1x Obelisk of Urd
1x Oblivion Sower
1x Parallel Lives
1x Pulse of Murasa
1x Reclaim
1x Restock
1x Rites of Flourishing
1x Ruination Guide
1x Scion Summoner
1x Seer's Lantern
1x Sheltered Aerie
1x Shrine of Boundless Growth
1x Sigiled Starfish
1x Simic Guildgate
1x Skittering Invasion
1x Sleep Paralysis
1x Sol Ring
1x Spawning Bed
1x Spell Shrivel
1x Stalking Drone
1x Swell of Growth
1x Sword of the Animist
1x Telepathy
1x Temple of the False God
1x Thassa, God of the Sea
1x That Which Was Taken
1x Tide Drifter
1x Triumph of Ferocity
1x Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
1x Unknown Shores
1x Void Attendant
1x Void Winnower
1x Walking Atlas
1x Warden of Geometries
1x Wastes
1x Woodland Stream
1x Zephyr Scribe

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Last edited by RaiRai on 2016-Sep-13 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: RaiRai's Unknown Horizions [Eldrazi, Aggro, theme, Kruphix]
AgePosted: 2016-Jun-17 5:14 am 

RaiRai wrote:
This deck is the reason I wanted Emrakul unbanned

Thank you for confirming that your banned list threads are based on self-interest and not any sort of objective analysis of the cards.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-17 5:22 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:
This deck is the reason I wanted Emrakul unbanned

Thank you for confirming that your banned list threads are based on self-interest and not any sort of objective analysis of the cards.

Did it really come as a surprise? Between lack of real evidence, his demeanor and everything else, it was blatantly apparent.

And RaiRai, organize your lists so we can understand them.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-17 5:33 am 

Marit Lage wrote:
Did it really come as a surprise? Between lack of real evidence, his demeanor and everything else, it was blatantly apparent.

Yes, but he never came out and said it.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-17 12:07 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Marit Lage wrote:

Well that and seriously, Emrakul Aeons torn is easy to counter but this new Emrakul may be worse...

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-17 1:38 pm 

RaiRai wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Marit Lage wrote:

Well that and seriously, Emrakul Aeons torn is easy to counter but this new Emrakul may be worse...

Card Text:
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn can't be countered.
When you cast Emrakul, take an extra turn after this one.
Flying, protection from colored spells, annihilator 6
When Emrakul is put into a graveyard from anywhere, its owner shuffles his or her graveyard into his or her library.

Also, you understand that Annihilator triggers when attacks are declared? So by attacking with Emmy, the defending player must sacrifice six permanents before declaring blockers?

Please, stop presuming that because you want to use a card it must be easy to beat, and that cards that beat you need banning. That's not how this works. You're arguing about a game you've played for a few months (based on your tappedout profile) with people who have been playing since before you were born in many cases (I started playing when Ice Age came out in '95, for reference).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-17 9:46 pm 

I'm actually curious, RaiRai, how is Emrakul easy to beat?

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
You're arguing about a game you've played for a few months (based on your tappedout profile) with people who have been playing since before you were born in many cases (I started playing when Ice Age came out in '95, for reference).
I hear that. I haven't been playing as long as you (tempest block for me), but the know it all kids can get really annoying.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-18 4:16 am 

Marit Lage wrote:

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
You're arguing about a game you've played for a few months (based on your tappedout profile) with people who have been playing since before you were born in many cases (I started playing when Ice Age came out in '95, for reference).
I hear that. I haven't been playing as long as you (tempest block for me), but the know it all kids can get really annoying.

Well I've played against Emrakul, Ulamog, and Kozilek, and one common factor they share is when cards that like to exile come into play, they are boned, stuff like swords to plowshares, Stasis Snare, Aligned Hedron Network, Brain Maggot, King Macar the Gold cursed, and dozens more are excellent counters. Effects that detain them as well such as Abtruse Interference, forcing them to tap until next or dont untap durinf their controllers next untap step.

Also specter, I have been playing magic for a while but only really seriously got into it around The release of Battle for Zendikar.

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-18 4:44 am 

RaiRai wrote:
Marit Lage wrote:

Spectrar Ghost wrote:

Well I've played against Emrakul, Ulamog, and Kozilek, and one common factor they share is when cards that like to exile come into play, they are boned, stuff like swords to plowshares, Stasis Snare, Aligned Hedron Network, Brain Maggot, King Macar the Gold cursed, and dozens more are excellent counters. Effects that detain them as well such as Abtruse Interference, forcing them to tap until next or dont untap durinf their controllers next untap step.

Also specter, I have been playing magic for a while but only really seriously got into it around The release of Battle for Zendikar.

Protection from Colored Spells, remember? Abilities of colored permanents are fine. He's big, incredibly resilient, phenomenal VCA.

Seriously, read the Comp Rules. You need to understand the rules and fundamentals before you start making suggestions on the ban list. Also read up on the Dunning-Kreuger Effect.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-18 10:09 pm 

RaiRai, it is much easier for people to comment on decks when they've been posted here rather than somewhere else and linked here. It's sort of a hassle to retype everything, I know, but these forums are sort of good for posting lists as opposed to, say, Reddit.

With the cards I'm seeing in your deck, I'd consider focusing making your deck more wide than narrow. That means making lots of relatively small creatures instead of trying to always hit your Ulamog or Kozilek. Taking out some of your big Eldrazi and replacing them with pump effects like Beastmaster Ascension, Broodwarden, and Biomass Mutation could do your deck good. Only my personal opinion though.

Regardless, your deck is quite light on removal. Your big Eldrazi are just about the only things removing stuff. I would definitely consider finding more space for artifact/enchantment destruction effects, non-creature permanent destruction, and plain creature destruction (whether in counter spells or bounce spells).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-19 5:57 am 

Segrus wrote:
RaiRai, it is much easier for people to comment on decks when they've been posted here rather than somewhere else and linked here. It's sort of a hassle to retype everything, I know, but these forums are sort of good for posting lists as opposed to, say, Reddit.

With the cards I'm seeing in your deck, I'd consider focusing making your deck more wide than narrow. That means making lots of relatively small creatures instead of trying to always hit your Ulamog or Kozilek. Taking out some of your big Eldrazi and replacing them with pump effects like Beastmaster Ascension, Broodwarden, and Biomass Mutation could do your deck good. Only my personal opinion though.

Regardless, your deck is quite light on removal. Your big Eldrazi are just about the only things removing stuff. I would definitely consider finding more space for artifact/enchantment destruction effects, non-creature permanent destruction, and plain creature destruction (whether in counter spells or bounce spells).

Well, I had Door of Destinies in it but it took too long to trigger anything, if I had a doubling season and stack that with parrallel lives, I could definitely crank out spawn. I also lack some of the more functional eldrazi online, but if do get some stuff like thought not seer and ulamog's crusher, I could use semblance anvil to get them out quicker.

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-13 1:27 pm 

This is terrible. Im sorry to be so blunt but there is so much you can do for about $5 total to make this deck better.

Deny Existence and Spell Shrivel are just a lot worse than counterspelland dissolve.
You need to find room for pongifyand rapid hybridization
Altar of the brood, abtruse interference and adverse conditions are all draft chaff with no right being in a commander deck. Altar will actually help a lot of decks by putting reanimation targets into the graveyard.
I know you are going for an eldrazi theme here but that doesnt mean you put anything with eldrazi on it in. I also know you are not tied to only eldrazi because dakra mystic is here, even though it shouldnt be.

If you have a couple of dollars to spend, get a hold of these:
Counterspell
Dissolve
Dream fracture
Pongify
Rapid hybridization
Beast within
acidic slime
bane of progress
cultivate
rampant growth
hedron archive
rite of replication
kodama's reach
boundless realms
mystic remora
soul of the harvest

Cut the ramp creatures (leaf gilder?!?) and replace them with ramp spells, lands survive wraths, elves dont. Then you can cut anything with isn't literally an eldrazi creature for anything else on the list above. I'd start with telepathy, sleep paralysis, life spring druid, dakra mystic, containment membrane, market festival, kruphix insight, pulse of murasa and that which was taken.

I'd also consider some of the emerge creatures from EMN, most are acceptable and are within your theme.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-13 2:03 pm 

specter404 wrote:
This is terrible. Im sorry to be so blunt but there is so much you can do for about $5 total to make this deck better.

Deny Existence and Spell Shrivel are just a lot worse than counterspelland dissolve.
You need to find room for pongifyand rapid hybridization
Altar of the brood, abtruse interference and adverse conditions are all draft chaff with no right being in a commander deck. Altar will actually help a lot of decks by putting reanimation targets into the graveyard.
I know you are going for an eldrazi theme here but that doesnt mean you put anything with eldrazi on it in. I also know you are not tied to only eldrazi because dakra mystic is here, even though it shouldnt be.

If you have a couple of dollars to spend, get a hold of these:
Counterspell
Dissolve
Dream fracture
Pongify
Rapid hybridization
Beast within
acidic slime
bane of progress
cultivate
rampant growth
hedron archive
rite of replication
kodama's reach
boundless realms
mystic remora
soul of the harvest

Cut the ramp creatures (leaf gilder?!?) and replace them with ramp spells, lands survive wraths, elves dont. Then you can cut anything with isn't literally an eldrazi creature for anything else on the list above. I'd start with telepathy, sleep paralysis, life spring druid, dakra mystic, containment membrane, market festival, kruphix insight, pulse of murasa and that which was taken.

I'd also consider some of the emerge creatures from EMN, most are acceptable and are within your theme.

Actually, IRL I largely culled the Physically copy to produce my Call From Eternity deck in favor of Sultai Synergestics as the Blackness of my Mind and Heart fancies such strategy. Now I will definitely consider Boundless Realms and Hedron Archive for other prospects as well as Rite of Replication, because doing it on Brood Monitor will essentially pay for itself.

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile