Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-12 10:50 am

Post subject: Jenara, Asura of War's Celestial Army
AgePosted: 2016-Apr-28 12:23 pm 

First post edited for ease of list reading, so messages below will seem out of place. This has morphed into a Jenara, Asura of War deck with the idea being to model the ancient legends along the lines of the Greeks and Norse pantheons. As such, it's war-themed with humans, angels, and gods as if the deck represented going off to the final, ultimate battle (think Ragnarok or the escape of the Titans).

I must apologize because at some point, I turned into a big dork regarding Segrus's feedback and much of the posts below are the resolution of that. He was a great help in considering both what to remove and what choices would result in a very not-fun approach to the theme, and I wanted to give him proper credit for it. Thank you, I believe this will be a fun, fun deck to play and hopefully equally fun to play against.

Commander: Jenara, Asura of War

Instants: (7)
Blaze of Glory
Valor Made Real
Holy Day
Fog
Tithe
Swords to Plowshares
Wing Shards

Sorceries: (9)
Peace Talks
Journey of Discovery
Kodama's Reach
Cultivate
Wargate
Wrath of God
Creeping Corrosion
Three Dreams
Creeping Renaissance

Auras: (10)
Crab Umbra
Drake Umbra
Rancor
Empyrial Armor
Armadillo Cloak
Bear Umbra
Angelic Destiny
Righteous Authority
Mammoth Umbra
Indrik Umbra

Humans: (12)
Knight of the White Orchid
Yavimaya Elder
Borderland Ranger
Giltspire Avenger
Budoka Gardener
Hanna, Ship's Navigator
Eternal Witness
Heliod's Pilgrim
Hua Tuo, Honored Physician
Rafiq of the Many
Captain Sisay
Odric, Lunarch Marshal

Angels: (23)
Angel of Finality
Angel of Jubilation
Linvala, the Preserver
Stoic Angel
Angelic Overseer
Archangel of Thune
Guardian of the Gateless
Karmic Guide
Sigarda, Heron's Grace
Sigarda, Host of Herons
Adarkar Valkyrie
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Angel of Glory's Rise
Angel of the Dire Hour
Angelic Arbiter
Angelic Skirmisher
Avacyn, Guardian Angel
Bruna, Light of Alabaster
Deathless Angel
Emeria Shepherd
Reya Dawnbringer
Sunblast Angel
Twilight Shepherd

Gods: (3)
Ephara, God of the Polis
Heliod, God of the Sun
Karametra, God of Harvests

Lands: (35)
Fortified Village
Sunpetal Grove
Hinterland Harbor
Seaside Citadel
Glacial Fortress
Nimbus Maze
Port Town
Azorius Guildgate
Breeding Pool
Hallowed Fountain
Selesnya Guildgate
Simic Guildgate
Temple Garden
Azorius Chancery
Selesnya Sanctuary
Simic Growth Chamber
Bant Panorama
Terramorphic Expanse
Plains 8
Island 2
Forest 7

Under Re-Construction:
Hazezon Tamar - Defenders of Dune (only 8 less Fremen/equipment, adding ramp and answers)
Prime Speaker Zegana - Zegana's R&D
Jenara, Asura of War - Jenara's Celestial Army (needs more answers, ramp, less angels...turns out Jenara can tank quite effectively as a voltron.)

Nuked decks:
Sliver Queen - Tokens (converted back to the 60 card deck it originated from, ending its edh dependency on tutors)

Last edited by Arcane Archer on 2016-May-22 8:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Jenara, Asura of War - Voltron or horde general?
AgePosted: 2016-Apr-28 9:03 pm 

Which is Jenara better at? Well, probably voltron in a number of circumstances, but then angel tribal in a number of other circumstances. I believe the more important question is going to be whether you are going to have more fun with voltron or with angel tribal--and that question is going to be much harder for us to answer for you.

The thing is, enjoying voltron isn't always easy to enjoy. It can be frustrating for your opponents when it gets too powerful (for instance, Uril, the Miststalker garners tons of hate and I honestly haven't seen one which I enjoyed playing against); however, voltron can be very frustrating for you when it's too weak (as you sit there turn after turn, unable to even play your commander since it gets killed before you get to do anything). Unless you get a little lucky with your opponents and your deck's build, I feel it sometimes takes quite a bit of time to tune them correctly before you really begin to enjoy it.

That being said, I feel learning to build and play voltron decks are vital for a well-rounded EDH experience. There's a lot of challenge in only play a handful of creatures. After some struggling I've managed to get a really fun King Macar voltron deck, themed around King Midas and Faust. I took it to GP Atlanta last year and everyone enjoyed it. If you decide to play voltron--and I really do suggest you give it a shot--my recommendation is only playing a small number of the Propaganda effects. In my experience, 1-2 = challenging, but >2 = aggravating for casual games. Maybe your play group is different, I don't know.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 12:55 am 

In our 60 card games, there's actually a lot of artifact/enchantment hate since I used to play heavily with layered artifact/enchantments. In commander, still not sure but there seemed to be less of that planning evident. To me, it seems counter-intuitive to only put 1-2 tax effects in since it's diluted in such a large pool. My other thought is that I always try to build a solid-designed deck that covers the basics. That's what I did with the hydra deck for the slots that weren't hydras. If I built Jenara as an angel horde, the configuration would be similar with about 25ish angels and other cards that cover the bases (and w/g/u covers those bases admirably.) So if I'm taking care building balanced decks, why should I care if my opponents aren't planning smartly by me only putting in 2 tax effects? Why let them off easy for their laziness? I'm asking from a purely philosophical standpoint here. Since I'm leaning towards voltron, taxing is one of the strongest tactics I can do to keep me upright in a deck that pins its hopes on just Jenara. If she's not back on defense, I need a strong deterrant or blockade against attacking. Moat is too expensive and Magus of the Moat will only last so long on the board and there is a dragon deck in the group and a flying voltron, too.

The nifty thing about Jenara is that she can buff herself and that gives me more slots to cover other bases, to in essence plan for a balanced and heavily defensive deck in addition to keeping her out of harm's way with totems and shroud. It's up to my opponents to stop me, not me, right? :0)

Under Re-Construction:
Hazezon Tamar - Defenders of Dune (only 8 less Fremen/equipment, adding ramp and answers)
Jenara, Asura of War - Jenara's Celestial Army (needs more answers, ramp, less angels...turns out Jenara can tank quite effectively as a voltron.)

Nuked decks:
Sliver Queen - Tokens (converted back to the 60 card deck it originated from, ending its edh dependency on tutors)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 1:58 am 

What this reads like is: I refuse to care if anyone else has fun when I play Magic, and I will have fun at everyone else's expense. Please enjoy your deckbuilding.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 2:34 am 

Segrus wrote:
What this reads like is: I refuse to care if anyone else has fun when I play Magic, and I will have fun at everyone else's expense. Please enjoy your deckbuilding.

Hold on a sec and cease fire. Since you have played both competitive and casual, you know why I'm asking, why it's important, and especially why it's ABSOLUTELY not a dick question to pose. Losing when you don't have even a chance (read as realistic chance) because you didn't take care in card selection is not fun. And if I'm being punked in multiple games already by Mikaeus the Unhallowed infinitely keeping Vish Kal in a removal loop that locks the board until we can take care of Mikaeus, then the group should be able to handle my defenses. I'm not building unbeatable, not even close. Taxation is more of a challenge to horde decks over voltron but I'm not locking everyone out. Dude, it's almost like you're saying that voltron should be balls to the wall, and not worry anout defense.

Honestly, I'm not getting your anger at my post. Are you saying that taxation is so disruptive to the casual player? And why is that, really? It's just another enchantment. Why should this be any more difficult to zorch than swords of x/y or a commander? What...they can pile up steamroller effects on a creature but I can't put enough effects in to reliably hit an option that forces them to pay a toll before they squash me? That doesn't compute for either competitive or casual...it's just bad deck building in general and I can't stand playing decks that straight up suck. I see overpowered interactions bragged about on this site all the time, so why am I being painted as the dickhead here by you? I wanted to have a rational discussion and be able to ask devil's advocate questions to better understand the nuances and culture of the format, but whatever. Good luck.

Under Re-Construction:

Nuked decks:

Last edited by Arcane Archer on 2016-Apr-29 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 2:38 am 

I mean, it's almost like edh is a timmy-only event and god forbid someone with slight spike tendencies show up and hold people even a little responsible for their choices. Wtf?

Under Re-Construction:

Nuked decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 5:28 am 

for the most part EDH is about Timmy. Spikes go play EDH Combo masterbation pods, or legacy, or vintage, or even a bit of modern. Locking everyone out with prison enchantments then rolling over them is never nice in EDH which is a casual format, for the most part. There are those that play it competitively, and if everyone is out to kill each other fast, and everyone enjoys that, great. But the overwhelming majority of EDH players are casuals with tribal this, and janky that. You have already said your meta runs enchantment light, so why pile up on prison enchantments to prey on that? If you are looking for a good casual game? Not saying thats what you are doing, just asking why you would so, in theory.

On here, most people will roast anybody aiming to lay waste to a load of people looking to play a casual game of EDH, so don't take it personal. Also, the people on here alot that brag about a strong interaction, do so by telling us that that particular deck is for a competitive meta or pod or whatever so people can't get offended if the OP has already told them up front that the deck is cut throat.

Personally I have played Uril, and have a current Bruna deck. The Uril deck was ridiculous and i took it apart. It was horrible for everyone to play against and pretty boring and linear for me to pilot.

The Bruna deck is weaker as you can actually target her, and I play no control in it. Just normal interaction, death spells etc like all other decks. (and i hate counterspells personally). It still gets stupid though so i don't play it much.,

I also have a tribal angel deck with either aurelia or gisela at the helm. This is one of the groups favourites. It's powerful, flexible, and can survive many a wrath. The tribal angels is certainly my vote for how you should build Jenara, the green will help you ramp into angels and the white is obviously angel colours. Blue doesn't really add much, but adding a propaganda and ghostly prison is legit. And a timely sphinx's reveletion or blue sun's zenith could be really useful.

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 5:58 am 

OK, that I can accept as a valid response rather than the curt brush off. Here's what I don't get about this format (and I have always hated competitive stuff like counterspell permission stuff). Two prison effects (without tutors) gives you a 1 in 50 chance to play only one in a game. Not very common at all. There aren't more than about roughly six mass-taxation effects in the game (I looked it up). Even if I up that to four, it's still only 1 in 25. I might see one, and that is easy enough to kill. If I draw two, well, that game might go well for me, but I still expect at least one of those to get zorched, which means players can afford to pay for those ridiculous powered behemoths and whack me anyway...they just have to pay the toll, so it forces them to decide which use of their mana is more important. I don't personally see how that is any more or less crushing than a sweeper or shroud on your voltron commander.

My main disagreement with Segrus' response today is that he recently said that I should look for ways to prevent people from countering my hydras into irrelevancy (a competitive move), yet 4 taxation effects to guard against alpha-striking is so way over the top. It's inconsistent logic, unless taxation is a ban-able offense. It reminds me of the 80's punk movement where the ultimate disestablishmentarianists (rebels or punks) broke from mainstream music but then immediately started claiming that x y or z band wasn't "punk enough", resulting in an even more stratified rule bound music format than the mainstream they rebelled against. For a new guy trying to break the code exactly so that I'm not the jerk in the corner, it doesn't help. People can disagree with my take, no problem, but that's how I see it.

Oh, as an aside, I would like to play an angel tribal, but those girls are just plain expensive, and I spent a fortune on my actual wife and kid. Not sure the budget can swallow that. Enchantments aren't meant to hit my friends asymetrically so much as they are very cost effective versus equipment. If I really wanted to rake them over the coals, I'd add Serra's Sanctum. As it is, I will have to make the same mana resource decisions as I would force my opponents to make with Propaganda. Do I cast another aura or enchantment because my board needs it, or do I spend that mana to pump Jenara? It doesn't deny their game at all, and the auras are not as permanent as a straight removal spell. In fact, Fracturing Gust whacks the entire house of cards. Janky or not, whimsical or not, any responsible player should plan some sort of plan B if their main line falls apart. To do otherwise and then cry foul is nobody's fault but theirs. My friends certainly don't mind, and actually like/appreciate that I keep them on their toes. It makes them build better decks. In turn, they push me and we all have more fun.

Under Re-Construction:

Nuked decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 3:25 pm 

Since I wasn't clear enough initially, it appears things have been misunderstood. Now that I'm done with the 7-hour car ride, I can respond better. I'll be frank to begin with, since I can't be Shirley.

Yes, I used a curt reply, and I'll use every curt reply I have to for the reason I did: that thinking is straight up wrong. Regardless of concepts of Magic, gaming, and fun, the thinking presented in the post I replied with my curt reply is wrong. Punishment and negative reinforcement are entirely too different things, and what you've described is punishment.
Arcane Archer wrote:
Why let them off easy for their laziness? I'm asking from a purely philosophical standpoint here.

If they are weak to artifacts and enchantments, why let them off easy? If they are weak to counter spells, let's make them learn to be ready for it. Weak to land destruction?--time to punish them until they see the lesson. This isn't making them learn anything though, it is just making them react to your random whims. It doesn't make them better players (except by accident). It doesn't tune their decks (unless by accident). It breeds anger. It encourages resentment. This thinking creates distances between the players in the group. It will inevitably ruin gameplay.

Furthermore, who put you in the position of punishing someone for being lazy? It is terrible philosophy to determine yourself worthy of that. I don't believe myself an expert of cards, and I regret any of the times I've gotten angry and acted out against another player--even when I could be fully justified for it. I've been show to be wrong a number of times by other players on these forums, and happily learn when I can. I share what I know, not expecting anyone to listen. I don't attempt to punish someone for not being prepared for a specific strategy based on the guise of teaching them not to be lazy. It will always be wrong. It's wrong in other aspects of life, and Magic is no exception.

That's why my curt reply. I won't have anything to do with a deck with this purpose, thought process, or attitude in mind. I won't apologize for standing against it.

With that out of the way,
Arcane Archer wrote:
To me, it seems counter-intuitive to only put 1-2 tax effects in since it's diluted in such a large pool.

Segrus wrote:
In my experience, 1-2 = challenging, but >2 = aggravating for casual games.

I wasn't clear enough, and this one sentence ended up without additional explanation. I meant one or two Propaganda effects on the battlefield is challenging, but more than that is aggravating. Especially with indestructible 'god' creatures to block the few creatures which manage to get through. Especially when you also use Control Magic effects to take away your opponent's best chance to get damage through. I've played against stuff like this a number of times, and it's never fun. It feels useless to play cards, because they get stolen or destroyed; however, if I didn't play cards, I'd have even less chance of beating their deck. And if I wanted to attack, well forget casting any spells or activating abilities to respond. Often artifact/enchantment destruction isn't enough since these decks normally run tons of recursion to return both their Propaganda effects and their voltron elements.

This is what I'm talking about with balancing the voltron deck. Propaganda effects are very effective at keeping players off your back. Run too many in your deck and you'll possibly play enough of them in a single game to hurt the fun at the table. Run too few, and obviously they'll rarely do you any good. The compromise I suggest is using Fog effects. They're surprising, they are very often underplayed, and give you the same effect when you really need it. The deck will feel less like a Stax deck with a mix of this stuff.

But you appear to mostly reject this viewpoint, which is fine. If you believe your deck is going to, as you've somewhat exaggerated, lose every game without getting out as many Propaganda effects as it takes, don't listen to what I have to say. I'm not forcing you or anything--how could I possibly do that? Build your deck how you like, and I hope it works out. You don't need to keep trying to be offensive to me, since the only thing you'll accomplish it encourage me to not respond.

Arcane Archer wrote:
My main disagreement with Segrus' response today is that he recently said that I should look for ways to prevent people from countering my hydras into irrelevancy (a competitive move), yet 4 taxation effects to guard against alpha-striking is so way over the top. It's inconsistent logic, unless taxation is a ban-able offense.

Protecting hydras from counter spells, the other deck's main theme--not really competitive.
Protecting your life total by preventing players from possibly ever attacking you--normally competitive. It's one of the pillars of Stax decks. Does that make your Jenara deck a Stax deck? No, not necessarily; you haven't even produced a decklist, so evaluating for this right now is moot. Regardless, I don't find how these two very different things--protecting versus locking out, creatures versus enchantments/artifacts--are comparable.

Arcane Archer wrote:
There aren't more than about roughly six mass-taxation effects in the game (I looked it up).

In your colors, these are the tax effect cards available to you:
Archangel of Tithes
Collective Restraint
Elephant Grass
Ghostly Prison
Norn's Annex
Propaganda
Reclamation
Sphere of Safety
War Tax
Web of Inertia
Windborn Muse

Some of them are better than others (much better, in Reclamation's case), and there's still a ton of Moat effects available too. In a voltron deck, it isn't unusual to have some other creatures to play pump effects onto in case your Commander is indisposed. Even without the creatures, I still count nine tax effects--meaning it costs your opponent something to attack. Furthermore, Sphere of Safety virtually makes every enchantment you play have an added {1} tax effect. You've got plenty available to you.

Arcane Archer wrote:
I don't personally see how that is any more or less crushing than a sweeper or shroud on your voltron commander.

Sweepers aren't (normally) constant effects.

Shroud/hexproof protects one card, your creature, which negates some spot removal (often criminally underplayed, something even I'm guilty of). Tax effects can negate every creature attack, which is normally a large portion of people's decks.

I find there to be significant differences.

Arcane Archer wrote:
It reminds me of the 80's punk movement where the ultimate disestablishmentarianists (rebels or punks) broke from mainstream music but then immediately started claiming that x y or z band wasn't "punk enough", resulting in an even more stratified rule bound music format than the mainstream they rebelled against. For a new guy trying to break the code exactly so that I'm not the jerk in the corner, it doesn't help. People can disagree with my take, no problem, but that's how I see it.

You imagine yourself as the new punk band breaking all the rules and I'm the music corp. jerk? Or the ex-punk-band-turned-corporate jerk?

If you think I believe myself to be some great arbiter of all things Magic, you're the only one who has elevated me to that status. I post on these forums a lot because I really like Magic. I like playing; I like deck building; I like talking about it; I like theorizing about nonsense like whether Slivers are actually a lost tribe of the Eldrazi. I'm just a student and explorer of the game, and nothing more. If you don't want to hear what I have to say, then just say so.

Arcane Archer wrote:
I mean, it's almost like edh is a timmy-only event and god forbid someone with slight spike...

EDH is full of all the Magic personality types. There are likely very equal amounts of Johnnys and Timmys. Most people are a mix of two or more of them. I like big, crazy spells. I also like complex and creative decks. I also like not losing every game (although I'm willing to let go a decent number of losses as long as I felt the deck performed correctly--even though it lost), and seek to improve tons of my decks all the time. Trying to box me into a specific personality type and make it sound like being a Timmy is a bad thing is a waste of your time.

Arcane Archer wrote:
Losing when you don't have even a chance (read as realistic chance) because you didn't take care in card selection is not fun.

But if one of your opponents has a deck tuned to combat graveyard strategies more than enchantments/artifacts, due to a specific meta, and so loses without any realistic chance...well, they deserved that loss? Screw their fun?

If it isn't fun to lose because you didn't/couldn't cover for the Mike/Trike scenario, how is that any different if someone didn't cover for the vast quantities of possibly crippling artifact/enchantment scenario? People's decks aren't so neatly divided between voltron and horde--most are some mix of both (several moderately large creatures, a couple big creatures and some small ones, etc.). So tax effects can very often lock multiple players out of effectively playing their game...and then you steal their creatures. What are you going to say to them?--"Tough luck, bucko! Shoulda known I was going to do this and changed your deck."

Arcane Archer wrote:
I spent a fortune on my actual wife and kid.

As they rightly deserve. Does your wife play Magic at all? Any plans to teach your kid?

I think I'm done for now.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-29 6:11 pm 

No, my wife has no interest in playing (strategy games are not her thing). Son's too young. I'll just leave everything else where it is. Peace.

Under Re-Construction:

Nuked decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-04 3:31 am 

Hey all, Segrus and I have settled differences, but I also apologize to the group for being an asshat. Ultimately, I have a better appreciation for the type of deck that is less likely to hack everyone else off.

So the theme I've settled on is "The Celestial Army", commanded by Jenara. The idea is to model after older human culture's polytheistic legends such as the Norse and Greeks, but giving homage to WoTC's growing mythos. In the older stories, humans form the hero ranks, the gods actively meddle in the world, and the divine servants fill the gap between the two. While the angels will fill the battle tanking, humans will both ramp and add useful abilities of their own to model the greatest heroes or heroes in the making. Aside from the human, angel, and god creature mix, enchantments will fill the same roles as they did in ancient legends. There will be a couple taxing enchantments only, a mix of spell ramping, card drawing, stalling effects like Fog and Holy Day, creature stealing (modeled best in the Odessey), creature buffing to match favor from the gods. Definitely staying away from a Stax build, but will include some of the on-theme elements withing reason. And, more than most decks, Wrath of God will finally be on theme. There are some nice angel/human interactions to play off of as well, to include Kiss of the Amesha, and then some powerful but off-beat things like Righteousness as well as Blaze of Glory (affordable only as an unlimited set card) and Valor Made Real. Cards like some of the human legends from the Weatherlight can even give me some really useful mechanics while fitting the theme of favored mortals. Further thoughts?

Under Re-Construction:

Nuked decks:

Last edited by Arcane Archer on 2016-May-04 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-04 3:54 am 

Peace Talks is a great Fog effect, since you can cast it after combat. If you can cast it at instant speed, could be used to block a whole turn cycle with few enough players.

As long as you are headed down an army type theme, Reconnaissance and Fanatical Devotion are two older cards which can often get overlooked. Sort of rare effects which can make gameplay very interesting at times.

EDIT: can't spell.

Last edited by Segrus on 2016-May-06 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-05 3:40 am 

Segrus wrote:
Peace Talks is a great Fog effect, since you can cast it after combat. If you can cast it at instant speed, could be used to block a whole turn cycle with few enough players.

As long as you are headed down an army type theme, Reconaissance and Fanatical Devotion are two older cards which can often get overlooked. Sort of rare effects which can make gameplay very interesting at times.

Wow, I've never seen Recon'. What a useful card, and so on-theme, too. Peace Talks will also make the list down to the final hard cuts. Thanks.

Anyone else have thoughts on making this more flavorful?

Under Re-Construction:

Nuked decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-06 8:00 am 

Arcane Archer wrote:
Wow, I've never seen Recon'. What a useful card, and so on-theme, too. Peace Talks will also make the list down to the final hard cuts. Thanks.

Anyone else have thoughts on making this more flavorful?

Well, you've got a pretty good start already. Another card came to mind you might consider: Worship. It's a little on the expensive side for cards, but it'd fit your theme pretty well. Plus, it would be really hard to kill you with an active devotion online without commander damage. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-09 1:46 pm 

Finding some interesting instants in white that fit in theme (as opposed to Path to Exile):
Swords to Plowshares is actually in theme here since ancient Greeks used to war in the winter and grow crops in the summer
Exile (the state of exile is something you will find in old legends)
Smite (pretty much the entire Iliad)
Afterlife (duh)
Wing Shards (works with angels and just mechanically a great card anyway)
Tithe (very in with ancient Greece)
Miraculous Recovery (Gods, duh)
Smite the Monstrous (Works for ancient legends)
Reprisal (battle theme straight up from the Iliad)
Radiant's Judgment (works since Radiant is in the deck as an angel legend)
Valorous Stance (dual purpose for my hero versus your hero battle)
Ghostway (a little more tenuous, but follows idea of descending among the shades in the plane of Hades)
Orim's Chant (another stall card that also plays off a human legend)

Some cool humans aside from Weatherlight veterans and Rafiq:
General Jarkeld
Darien, King of Kjeldor
Noble Templar (early game use for plains searching, late game for creature)
Preacher (more of an in-game joke of the fire and brimstone preacher rattling on about the Gods, but still religiously themed)
Hua Tuo, Honored Physician
Daxos of Meletis
Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Asmira, Holy Avenger
Orim, Samite Healer
Odric, Master Tactician

Too many to put in the deck, but oodles of stuff to choose from that isn't used as much or else just fits the theme.

Under Re-Construction:

Nuked decks:

Offline Profile