Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-23 3:43 am

Post subject: MTGO Budget Orzhov - Golgari deck - Advice?
AgePosted: 2015-Dec-28 11:20 pm 

Well, im a pauper player, and i dont have a lot of money haha but im trying to play commander online, since it seems so much fun. i borrowed this deck from my friend (it has some changes but is like the one in the link) and im getting crushed:
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/355592#online Do you have any advice on how to play it or its a bad deck? (any cheap improvements?)

Currently im trying to "buy" or change the cards to make a Golgary or Orzhov deck, i really like those colors and specially the dredge or the ghost council mechanic. my playstyle is generally Aggro/control, could you help me suggesting decks with orzhov or golgary colors?, or with any colors but fun mechanics?. i dont want to be full competitive, i know i dont have a lot of money to spend but i want to play something that can win, in the future i want to create a commander deck with a custom legendary creature but now i want to make a decent one to play against my friends. so thanks in advance, and sorry for my english haha

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: MTGO Budget Orzhov - Golgari deck - Advice?
AgePosted: 2015-Dec-31 6:32 am 

Welcome to the forums!

I'll be bluntly honest: there's a decent number of mediocre cards in the decklist you've provided. It could certainly be improved to be much more playable, and something you could have fun with. There's a number of good cards though, so don't fret.

But honestly, before anything, you need to decide what you'd really like to do. If this deck is likely to just get changed to an Orzhov or Golgari deck, then suggesting stuff for it doesn't really help.

In my opinion, I generally have more fun with Golgari. It has the kinds of variety and strategy which are interesting. Orzhov nearly always turns into Combo-Control. Some people like that, I just get bored of it over time. The problem is Orzhov just doesn't normally have enough mana to really compete with other Aggro-Control decks. People may disagree with me on that. So I won't speak on Orzhov decks.

In Golgari, Jarad is great on the Aggro and Dredge elements you've mentioned, and can be built to be very Control if you want. It has a wide range of being fairly powerful and also casual. Sheldon plays one of these decks (I Went To Jarads), as a sample decklist. I don't know MTGO prices for these cards, so it's just an example of what can be done with Jarad.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: MTGO Budget Orzhov - Golgari deck - Advice?
AgePosted: 2015-Dec-31 7:24 am 

The link is for Sidis (UBG). Where's the Orzhov-y and Ghost Council?

You musta changed it already i guess?

Offline Profile