Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-18 12:22 pm

Post subject: Landcrash - Hazezon Tamar
AgePosted: 2015-Jun-22 3:36 pm 

Figured I would finally get around to posting my decks here for tweaking feedback. FFA is my most common play format. No real budget.

I've got some crazy synergy between my cards.

Commander
Hazezon Tamar
Land count: 38
Basics
Forest x4
Mountain x5
Plains x5

Mana
Cavern of Souls
Gaea's Cradle
Plateau
Reflecting Pool
Sacred Foundry
Savannah
Stomping Ground
Taiga
Temple Garden

Tech lands
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Gavony Township
Kessig Wolf Run
Mistveil Plains
Oran-Rief the Vastwood
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle

Creature Lands
Raging Ravine
Stirring Wildwood

Search
Arid Mesa
Krosan Verge
Thawing Glaciers
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills

Plainswalkers: 3
Elspeth, Knight-Errant
Garruk, Primal Hunter
Sarkhan Vol

Enchantments: 11
Cathars' Crusade
Doubling Season - Plainswalkers instant ultimate
Goblin Bombardment - Emergency sac outlet / token throw
Mayael's Aria - Kessig Wolf Run
Primeval Bounty - Archangel of Thune
Prismatic Omen - Emeria or Valakut + Scapeshift
Privileged Position - Sterling Grove
Rites of Flourishing
Sterling Grove - Sun Titan
Warstorm Surge - Descent of Dragons

Spells: 14
Day of Judgment
Descent of the Dragons
Eladamri's Call
Kodama's Reach
Praetor's Counsel
Primal Command
Ranger's Path
Reap and Sow
Return to Dust
Rude Awakening - Gaea's Cradle + Craterhoof Behemoth = death by lands
Scapeshift - Titania
Tempt with Discovery
Tooth and Nail
Wrath of God

Artifacts: 5
Birthing Pod
Crucible of Worlds
Expedition Map
Seer's Sundial
Sensei's Divining Top - All search

Creatures: 29
Angel of Finality
Anger
Archangel of Thune - Scavenging Ooze
Archon of Justice
Avenger of Zendikar - Purphoros
Bane of Progress
Budoka Gardener
Craterhoof Behemoth
Duergar Hedge-Mage
Eternal Witness
Homura, Human Ascendant
Knight of the Reliquary
Lovisa Coldeyes - Hazezon
Oracle of Mul Daya
Purphoros, God of the Forge - Token generation
Rampaging Baloths - Realm Razer
Realm Razer - Tunnel Ignus
Realm Seekers
Regal Force
Scavenging Ooze
Sigarda, Host of Herons
Solemn Simulacrum
Sun Titan
Titania, Protector of Argoth
Tunnel Ignus
Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
Urabrask the Hidden
Woodfall Primus - Cathars' Crusade + Goblin Bombardment
Yavimaya Elder

Edited with suggestions. I also added some of the best interactions.

Last edited by Garahs on 2015-Jun-26 3:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Landcrash - Hazezon Tamar
AgePosted: 2015-Jun-22 3:44 pm 

34....lands?
(and no mana rocks? or creatures?)

YOU NEED MOAR LANDS.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-22 10:32 pm 

So what do you think I should remove, brawn and silklash spider maybe?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-23 12:47 am 

The weakest cards you have, in my opinion:
Sapseep Forest (it really is just a terrible excuse for a forest.)
Emeria Angel
Budoka Gardener (This one takes a rather large quantitiy of lands to be useful)
Rubblehulk
Vinelasher Kudzu
Crucible of Worlds
Amulet of Vigor
Lifegift
Khalni Heart Expedition
Prismatic Omen (I don't beleive this is neccesary in a 3-color G//x/ deck
Chant of the Vitu-Ghazi
Boundless Realms
Tempt with Discovery
Madblind Mountain (always a disapointment)

If you want to get more value out of Crucible and Titania, I would do the following:
Remove:
Vinelasher, Amulet of Vigort, Lifegift, Prismatic Omen, Chant of the Vitu-Ghazi; and add in:
5 fetches (Wooded Foothills, Windswept Heath, and then three of the following: Scalding Tarn, Verdant Catacombs, Flooded Strand, Bloodstained Mire.)

If you don't want to get more value, with Crucible and Titania, I'd suggest removing them as well; and you can still add in Fetches; but Command Tower, Gavony Township, Jungle Shrine, Oran-Reif, the Vastwood, Reflecting Tower, Stiring Wildwood, and Yavimaya Hollow are all good lands for this deck.

Personally, I don't play fetches in any of my decks because I'm a jerk, but this is what I would personally do:
Remove:
Sapseep Forest
Emeria Angel
Budoka Gardener
Rubblehulk
Vinelasher Kudzu
Crucible of Worlds
Amulet of Vigor
Lifegift
Khalni Heart Expedition
Prismatic Omen
Chant of the Vitu-Ghazi
Boundless Realms
Tempt with Discovery
Madblind Mountain
Thawing Glaciers
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
Silklash Spider

Add:
Command Tower
Gavony Township
Deserted Temple
Jungle Shrine
Oran-Reif, the Vastwood
Reflecting Tower
Yavimaya Tower
Miren, the Moaning Well
High Market
Cultivate
Skyshroud Claim
Woodfall Primus
Acidic Slime
Angel of Finality
Realm Seekers
Reclamation Sage
Scavenging Ooze
Staff of Nin
Explosive Vegetation - or Sakura-Tribe Elder

Then, other cards you may consider adding:
Duplicant
Another rath (Terminus, Day of Judgement)
Bane of Progress
Archon of Justice
Aura of Silence
Expedition Map
Birthing Pod
Volcanic Offering
Regrowth
Descent of the Dragons
Green Sun's Zenith
Harmonize
City of Shadows
Mirror Entity

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-23 1:58 am 

Joz is right - you need more land. I'd say about 6 more. I'd recommend losing the following cards;
Rites of Flourishing - I hate Howling Mines in FFA.
Mayael's Aria - Seems like it could very easily be a dead draw much of the time. Also very slow.
Khalni Heart Expedition - There are way, way better ways to get land. I'll put it this way - I have a landfall deck, and this doesn't make the cut.
Chant of Vitu-Ghazi - There are also better ways to fog, especially that don't rely on you having creatures out to be useful.
Duergar Hedge-Mage - There are better ways to kill artifacts and enchantments, that don't rely on specific land type counts.
Sterling Grove - Finding a sixth cut was tough, but since you're not really enchantment focused, and I'm already recommending 2 other enchantments go, this seemed like the choice.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-24 9:50 am 

Ok, first of all, thanks both Joz and Sid for the feedback.

Joz wrote:
The weakest cards you have, in my opinion:

I'm going through the list of cards. I probably should have sorted them better, since Expedition Map and Realm Seekers are both in there. I do like Titania, so I'm going to see about swapping in some more fetch lands. I like keeping synergy high. And Titania in play when I Scapeshift is amazing.

Budoka Gardener - I usually use him more for putting lands into play, but once he flips, he works well with Mayael's Aria, at least until he's killed, cause he rarely survives long after flipping.
Amulet of Vigor - I like how it lets me use my tap lands the turn they come into play. It's also great for several of the searches I run as well as defend against Kismet, Blind Obedience, and Urabrask.
Prismatic Omen - This enchantment isn't really for mana fixing. It's to let me fully abuse Valakut and Emeria much faster. It hasn't been in the deck for long, but it has made a difference when I get it.
Tempt with Discovery - I'm curious why you think this is weak. At minimum it's another Reap and Sow. At best, I'm getting gaea's cradle, diamond valley, and kessig wolf run to help with win cons.
Thawing glaciers - I want to keep this in. I rarely get all my basic lands, but even if I do, it's still a repetitive landfall and/or shuffle effect without requiring another card

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Joz is right - you need more land. I'd say about 6 more. I'd recommend losing the following cards;
Rites of Flourishing - I hate Howling Mines in FFA.
Mayael's Aria - Seems like it could very easily be a dead draw much of the time. Also very slow.
Khalni Heart Expedition - There are way, way better ways to get land. I'll put it this way - I have a landfall deck, and this doesn't make the cut.
Chant of Vitu-Ghazi - There are also better ways to fog, especially that don't rely on you having creatures out to be useful.
Duergar Hedge-Mage - There are better ways to kill artifacts and enchantments, that don't rely on specific land type counts.
Sterling Grove - Finding a sixth cut was tough, but since you're not really enchantment focused, and I'm already recommending 2 other enchantments go, this seemed like the choice.

Rites - Few people seek to destroy this enchantment from my experience and I'm the first one to benefit from the extra land. Is there a specific reason why you hate howling mines?
Khalni Heart Expedition - I rather like the option of sitting on 3 counters with this until I draw a Rampaging Baloth, but I guess I should switch focus more to Hazezon, so it's getting the cut.
Chant - I guess I should cut this as well. It did well with archangel of thune, but I guess it's time.
Aria - This card isn't instantly amazing every turn, but it's an effective sleeper win con. With Kessig Wolf Run and Gaea's Cradle in play, it turns into a surprise win. Sadly, after the first time with a play group, they try to nuke it almost as soon as it hits play.
Hedge-Mage - I rarely need to play it before I can do both effects, and it doesn't take long to be able to hit both.
Sterling grove is in for a few reasons. It can grab cathars' crusade or Omen if I have scapeshift in hand, or privileged position even. It can be a target for sun titan. Grove and privileged both on the field means none of my permanents can be targeted, which makes removal even more annoying for my opponents. If I've been able to emblem Elspeth, they're almost impossible to target, and most effects are either mass distruction or targeted exile.

Anyways, going to try with some edits and see how it goes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-24 11:56 am 

Garahs wrote:
Rites - Few people seek to destroy this enchantment from my experience and I'm the first one to benefit from the extra land. Is there a specific reason why you hate howling mines?

Card disadvantage - you're giving multiple other people extra draws before you even get one yourself. Smart players will realize you're hoping to benefit from this more than they will, and will start taking your donated free card and land drop and then blowing it up. If you really want an extra land drop, Exploration is a card.
Garahs wrote:
Hedge-Mage - I rarely need to play it before I can do both effects, and it doesn't take long to be able to hit both.

I'm not sure that makes it better than any of the many options that DON'T make you jump through hoops. I'd rather run something like Harmonic Sliver or Reclamation Sage that will always work, even though they don't have the possible 2 for 1.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-26 3:55 am 

Man, I totally forgot about Hazezon! I had been running my version of this with Marath, Will of the Wild at the helm. Which has actually been really great; cause he's an awesome mana sink and sometimes just controls a game all by himself.

I will have to consider if Hazezon actually makes more sense...

Glint-Eye Nephilim (combat tricks, card draw, & creature pump)
Oloro Upkeep Tribal (enchantment-based control)
and more:Decklists

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-26 3:34 pm 

mmcgeach wrote:
Man, I totally forgot about Hazezon! I had been running my version of this with Marath, Will of the Wild at the helm. Which has actually been really great; cause he's an awesome mana sink and sometimes just controls a game all by himself.

I will have to consider if Hazezon actually makes more sense...

I rarely end my turns without heavy mana use, so Mareth wouldn't really fit well for me.

I've made some changes from the suggestions.

Offline Profile