Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-19 5:21 am

Post subject: Narset's Anonymous Hi my name is Ant. And I'm a Narcissist.
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-27 4:35 am 

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Aight So I've Stumbled upon a few choice mana rocks while composing a Narset deck

Ancient Tomb
Everfkowing Chalice
Mox Diamond
Mox Opal
Lion's Eye
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Voltic Key
Thought Vessel
Grim Monolith
Azorious Signet
Boros Signet
Izzet Signet
Coalition Relic
Basalt Monolith
Unwinding Clock
:mrgreen:

That said It reduces the need for a 32 land count down to about 27 While pumping out the stability with each swing

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Narset's Anonymous Hi my name is Ant. And I'm a Narcissist.
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-27 10:25 am 

I think this is on the wrong forum :?:

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-27 6:34 pm 

antreay2016 wrote:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Aight So I've Stumbled upon a few choice mana rocks while composing a Narset deck

Ancient Tomb
Everflowing Chalice
Mox Diamond
Mox Opal
Lion's Eye
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Voltaic Key
Thought Vessel
Grim Monolith
Azorious Signet
Boros Signet
Izzet Signet
Coalition Relic
Basalt Monolith
Unwinding Clock
:mrgreen:

That said It reduces the need for a 32 land count down to about 27 While pumping out the stability with each swing

Um... I really question how that list could be ideal, ignoring the fact that Ancient Tomb is a land, not a mana rock, and noting that you don't have Sol Ring, which seems like a gigantic oversight.

I also want to know how you think you'd get enough lands to even use all those rocks with only 27 in a deck, and wanting to cast a 6 mana 3-color creature early in order to get all this assumed value? 38-40 land being "normal", being 11 lands under that is going to make it hard to get a hand with land and rocks that will work. Also a number of your "choice" cards would be hard to get any real value out of - Mox Diamond costs you a land (something you'd desperately need), Opal doesn't do squat without metalcraft, LED pitches your hand and is one-shot...

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-28 5:21 pm 

The mox diamond isn't worth it if you're going down to 27 lands... The odds of you having "extra" lands early on is about 0.

Unwinding Clock definitely doesn't count as a mana rock and is only going to enable instants without help which is less than useful in a creatureless (or light) deck. It's really not worthwhile IMO unless you're going all in on the artifact theme and not just "mana rock heavy".

Everflowing Chalice is useless if you end up exiling it with Narset since you can only cast it for 0. It's pretty underwhelming as a mana rock in general though. I'd probably just go with Mind Stone or another two drop rock.

Mox Opal is easy enough to get online especially if you run the artifact lands and all the other artifact ramp you're listing. You would definitely want to pair it with Tezzeret to pull out all your 0-1 cost artifacts early on.

That said, you have enough rocks there to cut about 7 lands. If you're also including a ton of cheap card draw you could get it down lower but 27 seems to be a bit greedy given the need for six to eight mana early on. I wouldn't go below 30 given the higher mana cost of your general.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-28 5:35 pm 

Epsilon wrote:
Everflowing Chalice is useless if you end up exiling it with Narset since you can only cast it for 0.

No, you can still pay additional costs on cards (such as kicker or "As an additional cost to cast Firestorm, discard X cards.") when casting them without paying their mana costs. You were probably thinking of alternate costs, such as Notorious Throng and Crush of Tentacles.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Mar-01 1:56 am 

intreped wrote:
Epsilon wrote:
Everflowing Chalice is useless if you end up exiling it with Narset since you can only cast it for 0.

No, you can still pay additional costs on cards (such as kicker or "As an additional cost to cast Firestorm, discard X cards.") when casting them without paying their mana costs. You were probably thinking of alternate costs, such as Notorious Throng and Crush of Tentacles.

Oh wow... why was I thinking it was an x cost? >.> RTFC.

Offline Profile