Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-11 3:32 am

Post subject: [Tasigur, Tgif] Deck development/help!
AgePosted: 2016-Aug-10 6:00 pm 

"Tasigur, Go.dek" or I was building a deck for a local League and found a Golden Fang.

Tasigur, This Guy's Fantastic, I'm normally not a fan of 6cmc Generals... But his activated ability just had to be built around... as an outlet for infinite mana~!

Deck is currently focused around ramping as much as possible for 3 turns, use a tutor for either protection or combo piece and playing out from there.

And, to my surprise - diverse Routes to victory. So enough preamble, here's the list
(31 Lands)
1x Ancient Tomb #Land
1x Bayou (VMA) #Land
1x Bojuka Bog (C14) #Land
1x Breeding Pool (EXP) #Land
1x Command Tower (C15) #Land
1x Drowned Catacomb (M13) #Land
1x Exotic Orchard (PC2) #Land
1x Forest (SOI) #Land
1x Flooded Strand (EXP) #Land
1x Island (SOI) #Land
1x Llanowar Wastes (ORI) #Land
1x Mana Confluence (EXP) #Land
1x Opulent Palace (KTK) #Land
1x Overgrown Tomb (EXP) #Land
1x Polluted Delta #Land
1x Reliquary Tower (C15) #Land
1x Sunken Hollow (BFZ) #Land
1x Swamp (SOI) #Land
1x Temple of Deceit (THS) #Land
1x Temple of Mystery (THS) #Land
1x Temple of the False God (C15) #Land
1x Tolaria West (FUT) #Land
1x Tropical Island (VMA) #Land
1x Underground Sea #Land
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (M15) #Land
1x Vesuva #Land
1x Wastes #Land
1x Watery Grave (EXP) #Land
1x Windswept Heath (EXP) #Land
1x Yavimaya Coast (ORI) #Land
1x Wooded Foothills #Land

(21 Ramp)
1x Everflowing Chalice (MM2) #Ramp
1x Explore #Ramp
1x Birds of Paradise #Ramp
1x Coalition Relic (DDE) #Ramp
1x Copy Artifact (ME4) #Ramp
1x Dimir Signet #Ramp
1x Doubling Cube (10E) #Ramp
1x Fellwar Stone (C15) #Ramp
1x Fyndhorn Elves #Ramp
1x Gilded Lotus (V13) #Ramp
1x Golgari Signet #Ramp
1x Krosan Restorer (TOR) #Ramp
1x Mana Crypt (EMA) #Ramp
1x Mana Vault (VMA) #Ramp
1x Mind Stone (C15) #Ramp
1x Nature's Lore (VMA) #Ramp
1x Search for Tomorrow #Ramp
1x Simic Signet (C15) #Ramp
1x Sol Ring (C15) #Ramp
1x Talisman of Dominance #Ramp
1x Thought Vessel (C15) #Ramp

(15 Tutor)
1x Bring to Light #Tutor
1x Dark Petition (ORI) #Tutor
1x Demonic Consultation (ME2) #Tutor
1x Demonic Pact (ORI) #Tutor
1x Demonic Tutor (VMA) #Tutor
1x Eternal Witness (C15) #Tutor
1x Lim-Dul's Vault #Tutor
1x Noxious Revival (NPH) #Tutor
1x Reclaim (ORI) #Tutor
1x Regrowth (VMA) #Tutor
1x Restore (C13) #Tutor
1x Seasons Past (SOI) #Tutor
1x Tainted Pact #Tutor
1x Tunnel Vision (RAV) #Tutor
1x Worldly Tutor (6ED) #Tutor

(14 Control)
1x Arcane Denial (C13) #Control
1x Cyclonic Rift (C14) #Control
1x Decree of Pain #Control
1x Evacuation (DPA) #Control
1x Force of Will (EMA) #Control
1x Hinder (CHK) #Control
1x Innocent Blood (EMA) #Control
1x Krosan Grip #Control
1x Languish #Control
1x Plasm Capture #Control
1x Seal of Primordium (PLC) #Control
1x Spell Crumple (CMD) #Control
1x Toxic Deluge (EMA) #Control
1x Blatant Thievery (C15) #Cute

(11 Draw)
1x Brainstorm #Draw
1x Dark Deal (FRF) #Draw
1x Gitaxian Probe #Draw
1x Ill-Gotten Gains (CNS) #Draw
1x Jace, the Mind Sculptor (EMA) #Draw
1x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy (ORI) #Draw
1x Mystic Remora (MED) #Draw
1x Necropotence (EMA) #Draw
1x Notion Thief (DGM) #Draw
1x Treasure Cruise #Draw
1x Windfall (C15) #Draw

(7 Combo)
1x Donate #Win
1x Crypt Ghast (C14) #Win
1x Exsanguinate #Win
1x Laboratory Maniac (ISD) #Win
1x Palinchron (VMA) #Win
1x Waste Not (M15) #Win
1x Zendikar Resurgent (OGW) #Win

And a http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tasigur-go/ incase you are so inclined.

So what's the decks gameplan? To be mid-range combo.

The orginal plan was Notion Thief+Wheels+Waste Not=Broken, we didn't get too far into that plan, our only real wheels we found on the floor were Dark Deals and Windfall... So what else did we find? Palinchon+ Zendikar Resurgent = Win the game, a similar trick can be performed with Crypt Ghast but the Swamp requirements sometimes demands Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth turning it into 3 cards or super specific lands :(

Laboratory Maniac+Demonic Consultation/Tainted Pact, Mill Yourself=Win, Whoo-hoo!
Spellcrumple/Hinder+Tunnel Vision Dirty Dirty wincon if they are not running OG Eldrazi, Tunnel Vision also doubles as a tutor when needed, which is why I'm inclined to keep the synergy although it means my counters are 3cmc.

Ramp+Blatant Thievery+4 to 6 ways to recur it =Filthy, really really Filthy. This represents wrong things like 3-0ing the table for their lands, or Sol Rings, Twice, and then you Tasigur and keep trying to get the Thievery back =D The rest of the deck is intended to be recursion/control spells. Ideally Decree of Pain would be Damnation. I would like to find room for Wipe Away or another splitsecond effect.

I like the, Reclaim/Regrowth/Restore package, considering swaping Reclaim out for Riftsweeper or Memories Journey. Included treasure cruise as another way to Exile unwanted graveyard cards.

I'm almost certain I want to add Deadeye Navigator and Phantasmal Image to Combo with Palinchron, and possible Peregrine Drake for redundency. Another combo I considered was Freed from the Reel + Bloom Tender / Krosan Restorer as making infinite mana is probably the most consistant route to victory with a 'draw your deck' commander.

But that's it for a summary, now I just need some critisim, evaluation, and ideas!!! ;)

Last edited by Sagethyme on 2016-Aug-15 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: [Tasigur, Tgif] Deck development/help!
AgePosted: 2016-Aug-11 2:39 am 

Okay, to give you an idea of Tasigur and his preferred strategy, his ability synergizes with zombies and the undead so a potential side tactic to potentially commit to is both making you and your opponents mill but thats not how I personally would play him.

I'd suggest starting from scratch a little bit because I see a of cards that lack synergy with one another. Now some cards I'd recommend are Quest for Renewal, Cryptolith Rites, Sultai Ascendancy, Deathbridge Chant, Kruphix, God of Horizions, Vraska the Unseen, Ghoulcaller's Bell, Altar of the Brood, Villaneous Wealth and cards from the Innistrad Plane sets are ideal for Tasigur due to their orientation around Black to some degree.

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-11 3:50 am 

All right, so, the problem seems to be that you are just flat-out all over the place. You have like seven different super-specific combos in the deck and unfortunately those pieces just aren't all that great on their own. Your deck is basically "All the Combos". That works with a commander like Prossh or Ghave because, worst comes to worst, they can just get huge or make an army and win that way. Tasigur has trouble doing this, however, considering that at the end of the day he's just a dude with a decent card-drawing ability.

You need a game plan. I would suggest that you narrow down two or three combos you really like, then ditch the rest and add cards that work either to their synergy or that help you dig for the pieces.

You may want to consider Damia, Sage of Stone as an alternate commander or at least for inclusion in the deck. You mentioned that you have been having trouble getting the deck to synergize with Tasigur. If you still have trouble pulling that off after a while, she might wind up being a better choice.

There are times when your engine just isn't going to come online. It happens. Either up your creature count to win without drawing into them, or up your control shell with counterspells, removal, and defensive enchantments to buy yourself more time.

Your creature count is very low. Consider playing more boardwipes. Tasigur is usually going to get you your creatures back anyway. Black has no shortage of decent boardwipes (Damnation, if you're feeling like a big spender, Crux of Fate, Life's Finale, etc).

After you trim your combos out, consider running more tutors. Now, I don't like tutors much, and I prefer to run as few as possible, but it looks like what this deck really wants is some. The EMA Vampiric Tutor is not too hard to get a hold of, and Increasing Ambition and Diabolic Revelation are both solid picks. Hell, Behold the Beyond has a bit of synergy with your commander, and you can use it to grab a three-card combo then and there.

Hell, you could even make the deck into Doomsday if you want. That may be going a little too far though.

Bladewing the Risen - MTG: Blood Dragon - OST by Powerglove
Dosan the Falling Leaf - Mono-Green Accelerator
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter - Feed it to Vish
Toshiro Umezawa - Budget Creatureless
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher - Combo Jund
Marath, Will of the Wild - Beast-Mode Tribal
Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Mortal Combat Dredge
Kamahl & Jeska - Tag Team Voltron

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-14 6:16 am 

Zirilan of the Claw wrote:
All right, so, the problem seems to be that you are just flat-out all over the place. You have like seven different super-specific combos in the deck and unfortunately those pieces just aren't all that great on their own. Your deck is basically "All the Combos". That works with a commander like Prossh or Ghave because, worst comes to worst, they can just get huge or make an army and win that way. Tasigur has trouble doing this, however, considering that at the end of the day he's just a dude with a decent card-drawing ability.

You need a game plan. I would suggest that you narrow down two or three combos you really like, then ditch the rest and add cards that work either to their synergy or that help you dig for the pieces.

You may want to consider Damia, Sage of Stone as an alternate commander or at least for inclusion in the deck. You mentioned that you have been having trouble getting the deck to synergize with Tasigur. If you still have trouble pulling that off after a while, she might wind up being a better choice.

There are times when your engine just isn't going to come online. It happens. Either up your creature count to win without drawing into them, or up your control shell with counterspells, removal, and defensive enchantments to buy yourself more time.

Your creature count is very low. Consider playing more boardwipes. Tasigur is usually going to get you your creatures back anyway. Black has no shortage of decent boardwipes (Damnation, if you're feeling like a big spender, Crux of Fate, Life's Finale, etc).

After you trim your combos out, consider running more tutors. Now, I don't like tutors much, and I prefer to run as few as possible, but it looks like what this deck really wants is some. The EMA Vampiric Tutor is not too hard to get a hold of, and Increasing Ambition and Diabolic Revelation are both solid picks. Hell, Behold the Beyond has a bit of synergy with your commander, and you can use it to grab a three-card combo then and there.

Hell, you could even make the deck into Doomsday if you want. That may be going a little too far though.

Yeah I agree, this deck is all over the place with barely any synergy in some cases

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-15 3:29 pm 

Okay thanks for the direction people.

For victory we're looking at Labman or Draw/Netmana>Exsanguinate/Extort.

What I'm looking at currently is weather I should switch in some stacks pieces, I could run something like Lethal Vapors and pop it on the combo turn? And sources for infinite mana, Bloom Tender and FReed from the Reel is super appealing atm.

I was also looking at the Synergy Between DEN and Venser Shaper Savant, as a strong include as it's basically a 2cmc uncounterable capsize.

Lastly, Tooth and Nail, the deck gets to 9 mana no problem and is looking at 2 creature combos... So that's actually kina an auto include isn't it?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-16 2:21 am 

If you're looking to go balls to the walls combo, sure. Might as well toss in Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion to auto-win off of Tooth and Nail. Also, why not just cut the basic lands and put in hermit durid and fatesticher to add another angle to your labman combo? How are you winning with Donate? Also, Tunnel Vision seems like a weird choice, given how expensive it is. Maybe drift of phantasms. No survival of the fittest?

Zendikar Resurgent seems too expensive to do what you want it to. Waste Not is cute, but how often are you triggering it besides Windfall? If you're considering DEN, mystic snake seems like a strong choice.

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile