Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Dec-15 9:25 pm

Post subject: Karrthus, Tyrant of OH MY GOD NOOOOOO- *Gulp*
AgePosted: 2014-Oct-07 12:59 pm 

HERE BE DRAGONS, FOR THEY FLY, ARE FATTIES AND GET +1/+0 FOR ONE RED MANA (Well Four of them, well more like two of them, it's complicated.)

So hey, I know another decklist, but I just want to post the 4 I have built now that I have joined the forums. This deck is a basic Jund Dragons deck, with no particular theme other than an emphasis on making the fatties all read fliers. I built this deck because my first deck was the Esper premade deck, and after gutting the artifact theme I had enough artifacts left over to start a new deck. I felt weird only having Esper decks, plus I am more Timmy than anything else, though not to an extreme, yet I had built a Spikey control deck and a Johhnyish artifact deck, so I decided a simple dragon deck would be a good balance. Thus, this deck is weaker than the previous two. However, maybe because I was more experienced by the time I built this deck or maybe because it just had no competition in its colors for the goodstuff, this deck is probably my most balanced deck, with the theme not being too heavy, but still essential to the deck, with a nice amount of utility that does not hurt the overall game plan :mrgreen: . So here is the list:
(Sidenote: I know this needs Hellkite Overlord but I can't find one yet OK I am working one it :evil: !)

The General of The Flying Horde, the Commander of Fire, Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund

Roar! Dragons!
Stormbreath Dragon
Utvara Hellkite
Scourge of Valkas
Shivan Dragon
Hoard-Smelter Dragon
Hellkite Tyrant
Hoarding Dragon
Flameblast Dragon
Kilnmouth Dragon
Moonveil Dragon
Furyborn Hellkite
Vaevictis Asmadi

Buffs
Spearbreaker Behemoth
Rancor
Ring of Kalonia
Loxodon Warhammer
Fervor
Madrush Cyclops
Bloodmark Mentor
Crucible of Fire
Gruul War Chant

Removal
Putrefy
Terminate
Vandalblast
Naturalize
Doom Blade
Earthquake
Lavalanche
Bramblecrush
Fall of the Hammer

Utility duder-guys
Scavenging Ooze
Ulvenwald Tracker
Deathrite Shaman
Reclamation Sage
Fauna Shaman
Acidic Slime
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker

Utility spells
Rakdos Charm
Read the Bones
Reanimate
Nature's Spiral
Diabolic Tutor

Other crap
Rakdos's Return
Sarkhan Vol
Zealous Conscripts
Abundance
Triumph of Ferocity
Sarkhan the Mad
Garruk's Packleader
Gruul Ragebeast

Mana thingies
Mana Reflection
Awakening Zone
Sylvan Caryatid
Arbor Elf
Veinfire Borderpost
Gilded Lotus
Golgari Cluestone
Gruul Cluestone
Rakdos Cluestone
Gruul Keyrune
Golgari Keyrune
Obelisk of Jund

LAND! OH, LAAAAAAAANND!
Transguild Promenade
Evolving Wilds
Dragonskull Summit
Rakdos Guildgate
Golgari Guildgate
Temple of Abandon
Gruul Guildgate
Kazandu Refuge
Rootbound Crag
Barren Moor
Polluted Mire
Bojuka Bog
10x Forest
10x Mountain
5x Swamp

So as you can see, there is a short and simple theme here: They will kill you, cook you and then eat you :twisted: ! Though no devour, so I guess not eat you, but you get the point. Artifact decks, tremble at that list! Naturally, this deck is sleeved in red Dragon Shield Sleeves, because what else would do? Any feedback is welcome!

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Karrthus, Tyrant of OH MY GOD NOOOOOO- *Gulp*
AgePosted: 2014-Oct-07 1:10 pm 

I would recommend cutting a lot of the artifact mana for land fetch. It hurts when a vandalblast nukes half your sources because the guy wants to kill some equipments. Also the deck thinning is helpful.

What I do is only run the best or indestructable in any deck that runs green. A cluestone is okay but Kodama's Reach is better!

Other than that it looks like a lot of fun and doesn't seem oppressive. It is really nice to play Karrthus and take the random dragons/changlings for basically free!

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Karrthus, Tyrant of OH MY GOD NOOOOOO- *Gulp*
AgePosted: 2014-Oct-07 11:41 pm 

Balefire Dragon,
also,
Siege Dragon, Steel Hellkite, and Bladewing the Risen.
Where are they?

In all seriousness, here's some other cards I found VERY helpful with my Karrthus deck. If I didn't have to take mine apart for all of the rare lands (duals, fetches, Ravnica duals, filters, etc.) for my Cube, I'd still be playing Karrthus.
Vigor
Splinter Twin (nothing like Utvara Hellkite x 2)
Kiki-Jiki (or 3 x Utvara Hellkite)
Bower Passage (trumps Gruul War Chant)
Fierce Empath, Krosan Drover, and Dragonspeaker Shaman--for all your non-artifact ramping/searching needs.
Charnelhoard Wurm (not a dragon, but this guy slides in and steals the show way too often)
Defense of the Heart--if you can get your hands on one of these, your dragons will greatly appreciate it.
Summer Bloom--because my deck had more lands than you do...also, get more lands into your deck.
Victimize (turns all of your little guys into two dead big guys)

You seem to be a little light on land at 37. I would find room for at least three more land. It seems like you are fairly confident in your artifact mana not getting blown up, but it's only a matter of time before that changes. Lands are forever.

Come to think of it, why aren't I still playing Karrthus?...

...hmm...unsolved mystery.

Offline Profile