AgePosted: 2014-Mar-07 7:56 am 

CREATURES (13)
ENCHANTMENTS (10)
SORCERIES (18)
INSTANTS (5)
ARTIFACTS (18)
LANDS (36)

Nekusar, the Mindrazer - A Puzzling sight
This deck is all about hurting players when they draw cards. This deck uses cards like Fate Unraveler and wheel of fortune to deal a lot of damage in one go. Hive mind makes sorceries like wheel of fortune insane, players will be forced to discard and redraw their hand several times.
I have included cards like Omniscience and dream halls. so i can keep casting the draw spells after eachother.
There are some creature cards that are free to cast like Palinchron and Great Whale. So that the player have something to play before casting a draw/discard effect. These creatures will also allow this deck to get infinity mana when they are being paired with Deadeye Navigator.
Rhystic Study, Sigil of Sleep and Consecrated Sphinx makes this deck draw a ton of cards. Which is the primary reason why this deck have Reliquary Tower and Price of Knowledge. Library of Leng will allow the player to redraw the cards that will be discarded. It helps you keep the cards that you want when you cast a card like wheel of fortune.
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth will prevent this deck from outdecking. This deck uses mass removal like Whelming Wave. Because they are cheap and remove any kind of creatures. You can combine it with Winds of Change to make them discard and draw a lot of cards.
Once you attach Elder Mastery or Helm of the Ghastlord to a creature like your commander. Your Opponents will be forced to discard their new hand from a spell like wheel of fortune .
Nekusar, the Mindrazer will be the center of attention. I had to include protective cards like Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves and Darksteel Plate.

//Commander
1 Nekusar, the Mindrazer

Commander Synergy/Protection
1 Swiftfoot Boots
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Darksteel Plate
1 Elder Mastery
1 Helm of the Ghastlord
1 Riptide Laboratory

CLONES
1 Rite of Replication
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Body Double

FREE CREATURES
1 Palinchron
1 Great Whale
1 Peregrine Drake

CARD GENERATORS
1 Rhystic Study
1 Sigil of Sleep
1 Consecrated Sphinx
1 Seizan, Perverter of Truth
1 Curiosity

Tutor
1 Demonic Tutor

CARD DAMAGE
1 Psychosis Crawler
1 Fate Unraveler
1 Spiteful Visions
1 Phyrexian Tyranny

DRAW/DISCARD
1 Windfall
1 Reforge the Soul
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Time Spiral
1 Time Reversal
1 Winds of Change
1 Diminishing Returns
1 Wheel and Deal
1 Teferi’s Puzzle Box
1 Memory Jar

MASS DRAW/DISCARD
1 Hive Mind

MANA ROCKS
1 Sol Ring
1 Fellwar Stone
1 Dimir Signet
1 Izzet Signet
1 Rakdos Signet
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Sisay’s Ring
1 Ur-Golem’s Eye
1 Thran Dynamo
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Talisman of Indulgence
1 Talisman of Dominance

A LOT OF MANA
1 Omniscience
1 Dream Halls
1 Deadeye Navigator - when paired with Palinchron, Great Whale or Peregrine Drake

EXTRA TURN
1 Walk the Aeons
1 Temporal Mastery
1 Time Warp
1 Temporal Manipulation

SINGEL REMOVAL
1 Spin into Myth
1 Chaos Warp
1 Shattering Spree
1 Bojuka Bog

MASS REMOVAL
1 Whelming Wave
1 Devastation Tide
1 Decree of Pain
1 Evacuation
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Vandalblast

DISCARD FIX
1 Library of Leng
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Price of Knowledge

OUTDECK FIX
1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

LANDS
7 Mountain
7 Island
8 Swamp
1 Bad River
1 Rocky Tar Pit
1 Evolving Wilds
1 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Dragonskull Summit
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Sulfur Falls
1 Command Tower
1 Crumbling Necropolis
1 Tainted Isle
1 Tainted Peak

This deck is still work in progress. I am hoping to make this deck more explosive without painting a bigger target above my head.

EDIT: I have made some major changes. I have removed the heavy hitters with haste.

Last edited by kaemon on 2014-Sep-15 6:27 am, edited 95 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Nekusar, the Mindrazer - A Puzzling sight
AgePosted: 2014-Mar-07 11:16 am 

kaemon wrote:
This deck is still work in progress. I am having some problems running it. I am usually the first to die, except when someone takes everyone out at once.

Yes. Nekusar is a dangerous general, mostly because he can sit quietly on the sidelines and oh hey we all get to draw cards, that's cool. And then suddenly you drop a few wheels and take out the entire table in one turn. Pretty much every Grixis general except Lord of Tresserhorn has a giant target over their forehead saying "Kill Me First" unless there's something like Kaalia or Uril at the table. If you want to play any kind of Grixis deck, even a nice one, you're just going to have to accept this. Or switch to LoT, which I don't really recommend.

Anyway, some ideas:
CUTS
Some Mana Rocks - You have way more than you need, especially since you actually have a pretty solid land count. I'd say you could cut Obelisk of Grixis, Prismatic Lens, and Worn Powerstone and you'd be perfectly fine.
Wayfarer's Bauble and Armillary Sphere - Kind of on the fence about the Sphere, since it can trade for two cards and fuel a wheel, but Bauble can definitely go. I'd say swap these two with Chromatic Lantern and Gem of Becoming, since I'm pretty sure you're running these for color-fixing issues.
Akroma, Angel of Fury - Never liked this one. Besides that though, the best Nekusar decks never need to attack. You should probably focus on more defensive creatures instead of heavy hitters. Balefire Dragon could probably get cut too, but that wouldn't be an easy cut.
Pongify and Dreadbore - I'd run Terminate over Pongify personally, but both of these could probably be cut for Mass Removal options.
Killing Wave, Kederekt Leviathan, and Ixidron - I LOVE all three of these cards, but again, there are way better options available here.
Anger, Hall of the Bandit Lord, Urabrask - Again, you don't really need to win by attacking, so you don't really need a haste package. Urabrask is okay for his tapdown effect, but only just.

ADDS
Phyrexian Tyranny - Solid card that can massively boost Nek's damage or tie up opponents' manabases.
Memory Jar - It's cheap now! (About five bucks)
Wheel and Deal - Tailor made for Nekusar.
Darksteel Plate - You don't want Nekusar to die. Ever. He's important. Also turns him into a solid blocker (or whatever else you put it on)
Exquisite Blood - Helps fight the hate. I don't recommend Sanguine Bond though, as it would really just be in there for the combo, and that's lame.
Winds of Change - A long-forgotten wheel. Won't mill you out if you hit it with Hive Mind out.
Howling Mine, Temple Bell, Otherworld Atlas, Kami of the Crescent Moon - Obvious synergy, though the artifacts will get hit by Kill Switch. Actually, that's a really cool card, that Kill Switch. I'ma have to get me one...
Black Sun's Zenith, Evacuation, Cyclonic Rift, Life's Finale, Decree of Pain - Better boardwipes, all of which are rather cheap and reasonably easy to get a hold of.
Prosperity, Braingeyser, Blue Sun's Zenith, Stroke of Genius - Can be used as draw spells or finishers.
Disgusting Auras to load up on Nekusar - A lot of people go this route, though I'm not a fan of it personally. Some disgusting auras include, but are not limited to, Helm of the Ghastlord, Sigil of Sleep, Elder Mastery, Phyresis, Curiosity, Ophidian Eye, and Glistening Oil.
Some Shocklands and Scrylands - They're worth it. Fairly available because of Standard, so trade for them if you can.

Bladewing the Risen - MTG: Blood Dragon - OST by Powerglove
Dosan the Falling Leaf - Mono-Green Accelerator
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter - Feed it to Vish
Toshiro Umezawa - Budget Creatureless
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher - Combo Jund
Marath, Will of the Wild - Beast-Mode Tribal
Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Mortal Combat Dredge
Kamahl & Jeska - Tag Team Voltron

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Sep-11 2:53 am 

Thank you, i have made a lot of changes. The deck works a lot better now. It is very enjoyable when the deck goes off. Unfortunately it is pretty hard to go off every game. I am not sure on what i should do in order to improve my chances of going off with this deck. I'm thinking of increasing the amount of tutors.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Sep-13 12:50 pm 

I had a deck similar to this, but it played so similar that everybody just killed me as soon as I sat down. Damnation and Starstorm can only help so much... :lol:

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile