Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jun-19 9:48 pm

Post subject: The Little Mermaid -- Thada Adel, Acquisitor
AgePosted: 2015-Feb-18 4:09 pm 

The plan is for Thada Adel, Acquisitor to collect as many digglehoppers and thingamajigs as possible.

I did keep it intentionally light on creatures, and some of these might not make the cut after I have a chance to play test more. I did try and throw in as many Merfolk as possible with relevant abilities.

Some of these artifacts were chosen to help Thada survive, some were chosen because they were eclectic.

Instants and sorceries were chosen to help Thada survive or to remove blockers/help me survive.

Gotta have mana to cast stuff

Tolaria West
Tolarian Academy Yeah I know it is normally banned, but my playgroup is okay with it
Seat of the Synod
Academy Ruins
33 islands

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Little Mermaid -- Thada Adel, Acquisitor
AgePosted: 2015-Feb-18 10:06 pm 

Is it that you want her to wear as many digglehoppers from your deck as possible or that you want her to get as many thingamajigs from other people's decks?

If it's the latter I'd recommend the 1 & 2 mana enchantments that make lands into Islands (Sea's Claim, Lingering Mirage, Spreading Seas & Convincing Mirage are good for turning off annoying lands and giving you access to their deck with Thada) and double strike (Fireshrieker & Grappling Hook) for more combat damage triggers.

Have fun!!

Atraxa Superfriends
Yidris Eldrazi (4C Devoid)
Sissay Angel Oath
Wort's Goblin Conspiracy
Gonti's Mega-Bouncy Castle

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-19 1:54 am 

What, no Horseshoe Crab and Giant Albatross?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-19 3:11 pm 

zimagic wrote:
Is it that you want her to wear as many digglehoppers from your deck as possible or that you want her to get as many thingamajigs from other people's decks?

If it's the latter I'd recommend the 1 & 2 mana enchantments that make lands into Islands (Sea's Claim, Lingering Mirage, Spreading Seas & Convincing Mirage are good for turning off annoying lands and giving you access to their deck with Thada) and double strike (Fireshrieker & Grappling Hook) for more combat damage triggers.

Have fun!!

So she wants to do both. I want to have as many of my own artifacts plus all the other guys artifacts... if it means hitting me with Hellkite Tyrant wins the game for someone I'm okay with it.

I had looked at those, and the ones that let me draw a card I should shoehorn in.

Sid the Chicken wrote:

Thassa's Emissary might be a better Sebastian and a somewhat playable card to boot. Horseshoe Crab is only really good if I can tap it for some benefit multiple times a turn, otherwise every time I draw it I will wish it was anything else.

Giant Albatross might be the best option for Scuttle, And it is not unplayable, it is a decent rattlesnake blocker. Probably wont be too heartbroken to draw this most cases.

Looking for a decent Flounder probably isn't worth it, no notable fish that are tiny come to mind.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-20 1:23 am 

Devouring deep is about the right size, though youd need to do something about the art. In a little mermaid deck i'd personally allow you to play two Coral Eels, but they're not that playable.

Godhunter Octopus for Ursala?

Of course I'm concentrating on theme instead of play here...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-20 3:51 am 

Flounder - Kapsho Kitefins - Flying "guppie"? That gets rid of a blocker when you play it.

Flotsam and Jetsam - Slipstream Eel and Windrider Eel (sure neither one can fly, but Ursula's a witch). Or you could run Sky-Eel School and say it's both of them if you don't want to dedicate the extra card slot.

Ursula - These are both expensive (mana wise) but one will get you some blocker hate and one will get you an island in someone else's play ground. Lorthos, the Tidemaker or Sealock Monster

Offline Profile