Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Quote:
The priest cast Xantcha to the ground. "It is defective. We must scrap it."

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Quote:
You. Get. Nothing.

He’s a bad mother--shut your mouth! I’m just talkin’ bout Endrek Sahr!

This deck is a slow evolution from Jund Reanimator (Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper), to Golgari Sacrifice (Savra, Queen of the Golgari), and eventually arrived at a nice mix of discard and sacrifice. Blaxploitation at it’s finest. He takes what the man has done before and makes it funky.

It runs on the principle of removing any any all threats that pop up on the board, either by forced sacrifice or hard removal. It runs a package of discard, as well as some good ol’ Mono-B draw engines. A fews ways for your foes to lose “X” life and take a long nap. Resource denial rears it’s ugly head as well. It’s blacker than black, it’s Mono-Black y’all.

Quote:
My Meta

I generally play with a group of three other guys. Two of them I have been playing with for ~2 years, and the other is new to our circle (as well as the game). It is a casual group, though we play to win. We combo out on occasion, build ridiculous board states only to lose the game two turns later, and occasionally we are too wasted to remember to draw. We drink, we smoke, and we call each other names alluding to our inferior genetics and/or obscure sexual preferences. Typical guy's night out, kitchen-table shenanigans.

Player "X": This is me. Played when I was in elementary school, and just picked up the game again two years ago I am a Johnny, through and through. My "Good U/C" boxes are full of interesting cards, as well as time-tested staples. I read on other people's strategies before building decks, and will occasionally order 30+ cards because I've never played a specific archetype before. I love to combo out, or create vast armies of tokens. I play [mana]g[/mana] in almost every deck. I favor pillow forts over control, and I favor utility over strength. I don't win all my games, but it's usually splashy when I do.
Player X: Johnny, GWB, Combo/Token.

Player "N": Long-time player, occasional standard FNM or Modern tourney. He's our Spike. He plays blue and/or black in every deck. Grixis is no stranger to our table. He has the largest, and most impressive collection at the table, and his decks show this He is my arch-nemesis, and has been for a while. We take most opportunities to stop the other in their tracks, regardless if they're the biggest threat at the time. He favors hard removal, well-timed sweepers, and counter-spells.
Player N: Spike, UBR, Removal/Counters.

Player "J": My former roommate, started playing about three months after I did. With a gracious donation of THOUSANDS of cards from a co-worker, we began cobbling together causal 60-cards deck to bring to our regular gathering. When Player N started playing EDH, so did we. He favors large creatures, splashy spells, and tends not to remove threats until they affect him directly. His favorite deck is Mayael, and he continuously looks for ways to improve it. He relies on packs for his staples, rarely making the trip to our LGS or ordering singles.
Player J: Timmy/Johnny, RGW, Fatties/High CMC.

Player "A": Brand-new player. No experience in constructed, started playing EDH with us a couple months ago using C13 pre-cons and donated staples. His card pool is narrow, new, and inexpensive. He is slowly learning the ropes, and we coach him as best we can. He gets to "redo" or "rethink" when needed. Prefers large effects and keeps to himself when playing. We try not to kick his teeth in too hard, unless absolutely necessary. Currently playing Jaleva and Derevi.
Player A: Ultra-Timmy, WUBRG, "It looked good."

Bad Motha’s
Crypt Ghast: Solid mana acceleration, and extort on a body. Easily recurrable if it eats removal. Coupled with a Lily Emblem and Nirkana Revenant, you’re raking in the sweet, sweet mana.

Dimir House Guard: Our man Skeletor here has a big booty, built-in evasion, a sac outlet, and tutors for a host of threats, ramp, and removal.

Gray Merchant of Asphodel: Man oh man, is this guy fresh. Drop him late game, and it’s curtains. Mono-colored devotion is doing quite right by me.

Maga, Traitor to Mortals: She is just a big ol’ middle finger of a kill spell. And if there are any survivors, she’s more than likely a big ol’ beater on a (more than likely) barren battlefield.

Puppeteer Clique: Evasion, graveyard theft, and Persist. What more can a man ask for?

Fly Loot
Ashnod’s Altar: Whatever will I do with all these thrulls? How about turn them into delicious fuel for Exsanguinate or Maga, Traitor to Mortals? Maybe hard-cast It that Betrays?.

Glaring Spotlight: Really useful for punching removal through, saving an important creature, or just swinging for lethal. At 1CMC, it’s hard to beat.

Mishra’s Helix: Nothing better to do with spare mana than depriving your foes of theirs. Especially if you happen to know what they’re about to do with that mana.

Jive Talk
Conspiracy: It's fun to pick silly creature types such as [url=http://deckbox.org/mtg/Vizzerdrix]'Rabbit'[/card]. As long as I pick anything but 'Thrull.'

Sudden Spoiling: My oh my. Look at this attacking hoard. Wouldn't it be a shame if they were all to become sniveling weaklings... with no way to respond.

Liliana's Caress//Megrim: A wonderful way to get some drops of blood out of every card your opponents are forced to discard. Really brings the pain, especially with Struggle for Sanity or Wit's End.

Hymn to Tourach: The original two-for-two, one of my favorite cards growing up. I loved the multiple artwork, and the flavor text. Really a great way to spend two black mana.

The Streets
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: One of my new favorite mono-colored lands. Produces quite a bit of mana and has really began to shine as new staple.

Wasteland: This needs no introduction, or really explanation. Such a winner, and fits into the denial package nicely. Hitting Coffers or Nykthos feels good, man.

Thawing Glaciers: The slow churn, but any bit of repeatable land fetch is welcome in mono-colored. Especially black.

Changelog
7+ CMC Is Killing Me — Jan. 11, 2014

-1 Myojin of Night's Reach: 8CMC, and I already have Wit's End.
-1 Sheoldred, Whispering One: 7CMC, and will usually eat hate before it gives me what I really want.

+1 Conspiracy: Anything but "Thrull" please. Thank you!
+1 Maga, Traitor to Mortals Kill spell on a body! This deck may eventually swap commanders with her and Endrek.

** Vorel’s Poison-Charge Experiment [UG Combo-Infect]
** Skeleton Ship Sails the Scrying Seas [UB Sea Monster Jank]

TappedOut: ErantyInt

Last edited by Eran on 2014-Jan-16 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Endrek Sahr, Blackrificer [Mono-B Discard & Sacrifice]
AgePosted: 2014-Jan-16 11:03 pm 

This doesn't really have anything to do with your deck, but it'd be really fun to have a Maga altered up as Mr. Magoo...

Magoo, Traitor to Mortals!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Endrek Sahr, Blackrificer [Mono-B Discard & Sacrifice]
AgePosted: 2014-Jan-16 11:05 pm 

Kemev wrote:
This doesn't really have anything to do with your deck, but it'd be really fun to have a Maga altered up as Mr. Magoo...

Magoo, Traitor to Mortals!

"Ugliest child I've ever seen!"

** Vorel’s Poison-Charge Experiment [UG Combo-Infect]
** Skeleton Ship Sails the Scrying Seas [UB Sea Monster Jank]

TappedOut: ErantyInt

Offline Profile