Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-13 3:47 pm

Post subject: Jeleva : best strategies?
AgePosted: 2014-Jan-11 7:33 am 

Jeleva is an interesting commander and one that I thought would be less fun - and effective - than it turned out to be when I played it. I played the actual Jeleva precon a couple times, and it's ok. Not the most focused precon. And I've played my own list several times. One thing I didn't realize was the chaos of it feels very grixis-ish: exiling a bunch of cards from your own and everyone else's decks gives the games an interesting flavor. It makes combos way less reliable, and tutors less effective, and in longer games makes decking a real possibility - and your big eldrazi that's supposed to reshuffle for you might get exiled.

As I thought about Jeleva, I thought about including various themes:

1) free spells. Big spells, which we cast for free. Should include additional ways of casting spells for free, and not just rely on Jeleva to do it. Of the big spells, we want some that actually win the game, and not just stuff that draws more cards, or endlessly forking cruel ultimatums and time warps. Those things are cool, but I really want stuff that increases my own board presence so that I can then get value out of the extra turns and attack steps.

Other ways of casting spells for free include: hellcarver demon, galvanoth, djinn of wishes, omniscience, wild evocation, and dream halls. For now, I'm using all these. I haven't gotten to actually try hellcarver demon, but with all the library manipulation, it should be possible to get an omniscience off of it.

There's big spells that take extra turns. Those seem good, cause then we get to attack with Jeleva again, which is the whole point. Some are: time stretch, beacon of tomorrows, temporal mastery.

Then there's big spells that kill other people's stuff. plague wind, decree of pain, cruel ultimatum. These are fun and I don't get to use them in enough decks.

Most importantly, there's spells that result in putting permanents or tokens into play: rise of the dark realms, din of the fireherd, blatant thievery, call the skybreaker, stolen identity, promise of power, beacon of unrest, bribery, acquire, rite of replication. The ones with big kicker costs are neat cause you can play the base spell for free off Jeleva, then pay the (pretty reasonable) kicker cost yourself. Also a copied kickered spell copies the kicker.

2) big spells. Could throw in some stuff that benefits from the high-average casting cost of our spells. I'm not quite sure how much of this is appropriate. The ones I like so far are blast of genius and I want to try timesifter. Heretic's punishment I want to consider, but I don't have much of a graveyard theme going on.

3) copying those big spells. This seems valuable. I'm including mischievous quanar, reiterate, radiate, chandra, the firebrand, and mirari. I don't want to much of this cause these are dead flips to Jeleva. There's basically no way to get a spell on the stack before Jeleva's trigger so Jeleva can cast a reiterate at it. It is, however, very nice to have these in your hand when you're looking at the big spells on Jeleva you're about to cast for free. Radiate is just so cool with all the great targets. Radiate at cruel ultimatum or din of the fireherd works, to say nothing of rite of replication and stolen identity.

4) top-deck manipulation. This is really helpful with Jeleva herself, and also for a lot of the other ways of casting things for free. Omen machine, Galvanoth, Djinn of wishes all rely on the "blind flip" of the top card of your library to cast it for free. Any way to make that less blind is probably worth it. I've been using dream cache, lim-dul's vault, mystical tutor, brainstorm, crystal ball, scroll rack, and of course, sensei's divining top. I've been more impressed with crystal ball here than I have in any other deck. I know it looks weak, but really, it's fantastic. And lim-dul's vault is impressive because it can set up more than one spell for jeleva to exile.

5) Jeleva herself: she needs protection, and haste, and ways of being recast, or bouncing her to your hand.

This is one deck where I really want both swiftfoot boots and lightning greaves. Giving Jeleva haste is fantastic.

Then the next thing to do is bounce her to your hand so you can recast her and get more spells exiled to cast for free. Mass bounce is good for this, and so are ninjas. I like devastation tide and wash out, which can both be cast off jeleva. Erratic portal is also fantastic. For ninjas, I'm just using a few: silent-blade oni, ink-eyes, servant of oni, ninja of the deep hours, and, really an honorable mention goes to baleful strix. Jeleva makes a way better ninja commander than Vela the Night-clad.

Strionic Resonator. This card is insane with Jeleva. You can double the ETB trigger to exile more cards; and then you can double her attack trigger to cast two of them per attack! Additionally this can double the other free-casting triggers: omen machine, wild evocation, galvanoth, etc. It can also double the mirari trigger, allowing you to pay 3 twice to copy the spell twice.

6) powerful symmetric effects of which we break the symmetry: I like including big cards with massive effects, especially when they either play into our strategy or just don't hurt it.

First of all, if we cast a lot of stuff for free, mass LD is a good plan. Boom // bust and sunder are the best options. My experience with these effects so far is that they keep games closer and more competitive longer than normal. Usually someone gets really far ahead, and these sorts of effects make that less likely.

Then, I've already mentioned omen machine. This is pretty crazy against a lot of decks. Most of our spells don't actually draw cards. We gain card advantage by casting stuff for free from exile or the top of our library; not by drawing cards. Shutting down everyone's card draw is a really strong effect. I also play chains of mephistopheles, for the same reason.

Looking at the list of cards with giant, rules-changing effects, I see cursed totem. We only have an activated ability on a creature (djinn of wishes) and a lot of decks are basically built on these. This can really shut down something like Marath, Mayael, or Azami.

Next: Price of Glory. We aren't running counterspells, and I'd like it if nobody else did, either. If we were in green I'd play city of solitude. Counterspells are dead flips to Jeleva, with the exception of cryptic command which can do something else if Jeleva hits it.

Also, utility spells that seem to work well with all this: A couple tutors are good: demonic tutor. I like time spiral in a deck based on casting big things twice or for free. I find wrexial, the risen deep to be marginally on theme; and a couple draw spells like fact or fiction would be good. In my meta, sadistic sacrament seems like a good call for stopping combo and wrath-every-turn decks.

This all lead me to this list I've been testing.
business spells
time stretch
plague wind
rise of the dark realms
decree of pain
beacon of tomorrows
din of the fireherd
cruel ultimatum
blatant thievery
call the skybreaker
temporal mastery
stolen identity
blast of genius
time spiral
boom // bust
promise of power
beacon of unrest
bribery
acquire
sunder
devastation tide
rite of replication
wash out
fact or fiction
sadistic sacrament
demonic tutor

creatures
silent-blade oni
wrexial, the hidden deep
hellcarver demon
ink-eyes, servant of oni
galvanoth
djinn of wishes
mischievous quanar
ninja of the deep hours
baleful strix

top deck manip:
read the bones
dream cache
lim-dul's vault
mystical tutor
brainstorm
crystal ball
scroll rack
sensei's divining top

copiers
mirari
chandra, the firebrand
radiate
reiterate
strionic resonator

synnergy
timesifter
erratic portal
lightning greaves
swiftfoot boots

freecasting
omniscience
wild evocation
omen machine
dream halls

hosers
cursed totem
chains of mephistopheles
price of glory

ramp:
gilded lotus
thran dynamo
chromatic lantern
darksteel ingot
izzet signet
dimir signet
rakdos signet
coldsteel heart
sol ring

land
maze of ith
thespian's stage
reliquary tower
madblind mountain

ancient tomb
temple of the false gods
command tower
crumbling necropolis
mirrodin's core
exotic orchard
dimir aquaduct
rakdos carnarium
izzet biolerworks
volcanic island
badlands
underground sea
steam vents
graven cairns
sulfur falls
dragonskull summit
drowned catacombs
shivan reef
izzet guildgate

5x island
3x swamp
1x mountain

considerations:
dark confidant
curse of the cabal
tomorrow, azami's familiar
liliana vess
spelltwine
kederekt leviathan
vampiric tutor

Other considerations:
I thought about an exile-theme. Should we try to play to something like mirror of fate and doomsday? These might make hellcarver demon playable. If so, what about laboratory maniac?

These are the most synnergystic themes I could come up with, and combine into a deck for this. I'm sort of sad the exile-theme didn't work out very well, but man, mirror of fate is terrible. Maybe if I combine that with something like demonic consultation? This could go in a more combo-y direction.

What are other people's experience with Jeleva? What other themes are appropriate? Did I miss some important spells?

Glint-Eye Nephilim (combat tricks, card draw, & creature pump)
Oloro Upkeep Tribal (enchantment-based control)
and more:Decklists

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Jeleva : best strategies?
AgePosted: 2014-Jan-12 2:58 am 

Edit: Sorry, I missed the actual question you were asking and just provided deck advice. There are basically two themes you can go with for an effective Jeleva deck: big spells or mill. There really isn't a good way to jam both of them into one deck, IMO.
--
Firstly, I think you may need more land sources of mana. I count 31 lands and 9 artifacts that provide spell juice. Since you don't have any counterspells, somebody is going to stick an Akroma's Vengeance, Bane of Progress or such the like and just ruin your day. I'd probably cut Chromatic Lantern, Gilded Lotus, and Darksteel Ingot at minimum, adding back in 2 lands and Wayfarer's Bauble. Dropping Thran Dynamo for Mind Stone is probably good if you are trying to ramp to 4 as fast as possible, but if you aren't trying to always go for the fast Jeleva, the Dynamo is Probably going to be better. Either way, you probably want to get a few more lands up in there at the cost of a few spells. I'd recommend fetches, with Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Rocky Tarpit/Bad River if you don't have the big dollar ones. They'll help the mana and give you a few more ways to shuffle post Scroll Rack.

Ring of Valkas is another option for giving Jeleva haste.

Hellcarver Demon is a big ol' sac of crap. Hitting Omniscience won't matter because you have nothing to cast with it. I would recommend Mindleech Mass if you want a giant thing that is going to let you cast stuff for free, but maybe this is one of the slots that you can turn into land.

Foresee is probably a better card than Read the Bones since RtB doesn't allow you to set up the top of your library for a free cast.

Ponder, Preordain, and Portent are all fairly invisible cards that will give you something to do in the early turns (and any turn where you have one spare mana lying around) and will give you a nice subtle shaping to your draws.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-14 3:54 am 

JJackson wrote:
Edit: Sorry, I missed the actual question you were asking and just provided deck advice. There are basically two themes you can go with for an effective Jeleva deck: big spells or mill. There really isn't a good way to jam both of them into one deck, IMO.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies! I hadn't seriously considered milling. I mean, it might work out for someone, but not me. I think the theme I'd most like to try work in is the exiling theme, if I tried to take this in a slightly different direction. Stuff like doomsday and mirror of fate are what I was thinking; but I had forgotten there's a bunch of black tutors that exile huge amounts of your library (demonic consultation, spoils of the vault) and blue crappers like foresight and manipulate fate. I guess that'd pretty much have to go in a combo-direction, tho, which I'm not exactly eager to do.

I sympathize with your indictment of my land count. I should probably add a land. But I am definitely going to keep the ramp in the deck; otherwise it becomes really difficult to cast any of the big spells that I draw; and also to re-cast Jeleva as her cost increases. On the other hand, the deck actually plays ok as it is: I mulligan to a hand with 3-4 mana sources and a top-deck manipulator or 3-mana-cost draw spell, get to 4 mana and play Jeleva. With all the top-deck stuff it's pretty easy to find a mana when I need one. Several of the spells I might cast with Jeleva end up being ramp, also: acquire usually gets a mana rock, blatant thievery gets a mana source, stolen identity copies a mana rock.

Quote:
Ring of Valkas is another option for giving Jeleva haste.
I think the next equipment i'd consider is whispersilk cloak... there isn't something that gives haste, shroud, and unblockable, is there?

Quote:
Hellcarver Demon is a big ol' sac of crap. Hitting Omniscience won't matter because you have nothing to cast with it.
I know, but, if I'm not using hellcarver demon in this deck, where am I going to use it? It seems so similar to Jeleva's ability that there must be a home for it here, right? I haven't had it in play in a game yet... but yeah, I may end up cutting it after I trigger it once.

Quote:
Foresee is probably a better card than Read the Bones since RtB doesn't allow you to set up the top of your library for a free cast.

Ponder, Preordain, and Portent are all fairly invisible cards that will give you something to do in the early turns (and any turn where you have one spare mana lying around) and will give you a nice subtle shaping to your draws.
Yeah, good catch. Read the bones is probably the weakest card in the deck. I sort of want to trade it out for something that draws w/o being a draw spell: fathom trawl or treasure hunt or dark confidant, even. Or maybe ponder. That could be the right one. Did I mention this used to be my Melek deck? I had all that crap going on in Melek, but that all lead to a bunch of nothing. This Jeleva deck has been way better than Melek. :)

Edit: Insidious dreams! That could set up hellcarver demon.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-14 11:33 pm 

Hi!! I'm also tryiing to build a Jeleva deck, so I'll most probably take inspiration :D from here, since I think your ideas are a good start to find my own way... :wink:

Anyway, have you considered Soothsaying? I think it's a card with a lot of potential, especially in a deck where you really need to know the first X cards of your deck...

Vampiric Tutor is, in my opinion, a "must" as most of the tutors, in the end the more tutors you have, the better is for you...it's a Grixis deck, so you have plenty of "tutor cards" to go with...

Hellcarver demon...? :shock: No thanks... :D I haven't sucidial tendencies (or,at least, not so much :D )

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-15 12:44 am 

mmcgeach wrote:
Quote:
Hellcarver Demon is a big ol' sac of crap. Hitting Omniscience won't matter because you have nothing to cast with it.
I know, but, if I'm not using hellcarver demon in this deck, where am I going to use it? It seems so similar to Jeleva's ability that there must be a home for it here, right? I haven't had it in play in a game yet... but yeah, I may end up cutting it after I trigger it once.

Edit: Insidious dreams! That could set up hellcarver demon.

I did manage to make Hellcarver Demon decent, but he's fairly terrible in this format without a ridiculous amount of setup (it involved giving him super haste with Through the Breach in order to nail a Cascade card into Restore Balance--worked more than I had initially expected). If you wanted to try, you'd probably have to do some shenanigans with Worldgorger Dragon. If you were going to do that, then you'd just make a deck to combo with Worldgorger and skip the Hellcarver.

As far as ramp is concerned, 31 is rather low, and I'd only even consider it in a few EDH decks--mostly Edric or Ezuri, Renegade Leader. I've seen over-reliance on artifact mana come back to bite people hard, because Red/White decks tend to have to fight more mana. Instead of completely rearranging the ratio between the two, I would just suggest switching out a couple of the artifacts you already have for Armillary Sphere, Gem of Becoming, and/or Burnished Hart. While Armillary Sphere and Gem of Becoming don't actually ramp, they provide you with something important: basic land drops (because rarely do people outright try land destruction as a strategy) and virtually permanent color fixing. It won't always work out perfectly, but people are likely to be giving you the stink eye for playing Jeleva. In this case, you don't want to draw too much attention to yourself by ramping up as quickly as you can--they'll just gang up on you and kill you. I suppose your group could be nice and let you exile their library, but I can't imagine it will last for long.

Another thing: Wild Ricochet is a great offensive/defensive copy card. :wink:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-15 4:55 am 

Fox wrote:
Hi!! I'm also tryiing to build a Jeleva deck, so I'll most probably take inspiration :D from here, since I think your ideas are a good start to find my own way... :wink:
Thanks! Glad laying out my thoughts this way was helpful.

Quote:
Anyway, have you considered Soothsaying? I think it's a card with a lot of potential, especially in a deck where you really need to know the first X cards of your deck...
I've used it before, in other decks, and I generally find it uses too much mana. Although, if you already have sensei's divining top, scroll rack, and crystal ball, then this is probably the 4th best option.

Quote:
Vampiric Tutor is, in my opinion, a "must" as most of the tutors, in the end the more tutors you have, the better is for you...it's a Grixis deck, so you have plenty of "tutor cards" to go with...
Yeah. I agree. Mine were in other decks at the time; but I agree it belongs here. You could sub it in for mystical tutor (although mystical tutor is fine in this deck). Also, really, I'm adding insidious dreams, cause it seems really good to set up more than 1 card for Jeleva or hellcarver demon.

Segrus wrote:
I've seen over-reliance on artifact mana come back to bite people hard, because Red/White decks tend to have to fight more mana. Instead of completely rearranging the ratio between the two, I would just suggest switching out a couple of the artifacts you already have for Armillary Sphere, Gem of Becoming, and/or Burnished Hart. While Armillary Sphere and Gem of Becoming don't actually ramp, they provide you with something important: basic land drops (because rarely do people outright try land destruction as a strategy) and virtually permanent color fixing.
You're probably right. This deck loses hard to something like aura shards blowing away all the important haste-granting, deck-manipulating, mana-accelerating artifacts. Not really sure what the best answer for aura shards is here, tho. Although, I'll point out that I'm the one running mass LD. So offloading some of my mana from lands to artifacts is part of the plan.

Quote:
I did manage to make Hellcarver Demon decent, but he's fairly terrible in this format without a ridiculous amount of setup
My idea is to just run insidious dreams, and cast it in response to the trigger. There's all kinds of nice stacks possible:

stack 1: omniscience, cruel ultimatum, promise of power.
stack 2: decree of pain, rise of the dark realms.
stack 3: stolen identity, radiate.

Those kinds of plans can be mix'n'matched, too. Also I'm pretty sure you could lock the table with something like:

stack 4: sunder, devastation tide, rise of the dark realms, chains of mephistopheles, time spiral.

It looks like it could be epic!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-15 5:20 am 

Quote:
I've used it before, in other decks, and I generally find it uses too much mana. Although, if you already have sensei's divining top, scroll rack, and crystal ball, then this is probably the 4th best option.

Yeah, you're right, it could use a lot of mana (but, it depend of how much mana you really need), but it's also true that you have to use it in your opponent(s) turn(s) since you don't have a (real) control deck, you don't have to necessarily preserve mana in your turn to counter/kill/wipe, you need to play (and replay... and replay :) ) and attack with your Commander to cast without pay anything...

That said, sensei's divining top, scroll rack, and crystal ball rocks, but apart from scroll rack the cards you can see and "fix" are only 2 or 3, your Commander cost (at it's minimum) 4, so that's why I'd go with Soothsaying... ;)

Just to explain better my thought... ;)

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-15 5:38 am 

mmcgeach wrote:
3) copying those big spells. This seems valuable. I'm including mischievous quanar, reiterate, radiate, chandra, the firebrand, and mirari. I don't want to much of this cause these are dead flips to Jeleva.

I think you're underestimating the "endlessly Forking big spells" plan. Remember, with Jeleva you don't have to completely depend on your own deck... you're also going to get options from your opponent's decks. So even if you get a dead flip from your own, the odds are still good that you'll have enough useful cards to play with Jeleva (especially since she tends to get killed a lot).

The other part to the Forks is that they're really good for playing general purpose control. They can win stack wars, spoil opponent's big spells, and mooch general value off of other people's utility/ramp/removal spells. Basically, they're worth running on their own merits, and it happens to work out that they're extra gravy when Jeleva's active.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-15 6:24 am 

Fox wrote:
Quote:

That said, sensei's divining top, scroll rack, and crystal ball rocks, but apart from scroll rack the cards you can see and "fix" are only 2 or 3, your Commander cost (at it's minimum) 4, so that's why I'd go with Soothsaying... ;)

So, you bring up some interesting points. The value of rearranging the top 3 or 4 cards of your library before you cast Jeleva is literally zero. Those cards are all going to get exiled anyway! This is one reason I like crystal ball here better than sensei's divining top : the crystal ball can at least move blanks out of the way. The top's best function is to let you avoid drawing some huge sorcery until its time to recast Jeleva, and then make sure that sorcery is on top of your library when Jeleva hits play.

By the same logic, you'd have to spend more mana than you spend on Jeleva to make rearranging your deck with soothsaying make any difference to what Jeleva exiles. Right? Suppose Jeleva costs 6. If you sooth-say for 6 or less, that does nothing. If you play the deck a few times with sensei's divining top, you'll discover that top is not the best here for setting up Jeleva. But top is generally good; really good; and also somewhat helpful in the way I mentioned with Jeleva. But you probably do not want ANOTHER top, which is why I think you will not want soothsaying.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-16 4:53 am 

mmcgeach wrote:
So, you bring up some interesting points. The value of rearranging the top 3 or 4 cards of your library before you cast Jeleva is literally zero. Those cards are all going to get exiled anyway! This is one reason I like crystal ball here better than sensei's divining top : the crystal ball can at least move blanks out of the way. The top's best function is to let you avoid drawing some huge sorcery until its time to recast Jeleva, and then make sure that sorcery is on top of your library when Jeleva hits play.

By the same logic, you'd have to spend more mana than you spend on Jeleva to make rearranging your deck with soothsaying make any difference to what Jeleva exiles. Right? Suppose Jeleva costs 6. If you sooth-say for 6 or less, that does nothing. If you play the deck a few times with sensei's divining top, you'll discover that top is not the best here for setting up Jeleva. But top is generally good; really good; and also somewhat helpful in the way I mentioned with Jeleva. But you probably do not want ANOTHER top, which is why I think you will not want soothsaying.

OK, I better understand your point, that said I partially disagree (but probably only for a lightly different view of play :) ), 'cause I really like to have the chance to rearrange my deck, Jeleva or not and I don't care a lot if I have to spend, for example, 10 mana to look, and after cast the Commander for 6, since in a deck like this (that is, a non-control deck) I don't have to spare mana for my opponent(s) turn... :) , so, where's the problem? :) In any case I'd also include in the deck sensei's divining top and crystal ball, in my opinion is only another little tool that can be helpful...ok it isn't the type of card that I must have because otherwise I can't build the deck...but if I have it, I think I'll play it... ;)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-26 5:13 am 

Man, this deck is still awesome. Time for an update:

out :
read the bones (weak)
price of glory (wasn't necessary)
mystical tutor (just replaced with vamp tutor)
chandra, the firebrand (replaced with an instant copier instead of a permanent copier)
mischievous quanar (ditto)
dream halls (helped others too much; not enough card draw to really bust it)
mirrodin's core (weak)
timesifter (this deck is already dickish...)

in :
dark confidant (its a draw that doesn't draw. Also can't beat its spot on the curve.)
vampiric tutor (better than mystical)
insidious dreams (also better than mystical)
wild ricochet (in for chandra)
twincast (in for quanar)
hellkite tyrant (in for fun - wanted another credible threat on a creature)
riptide laboratory (bouncing jeleva is good)
jace, the mind sculptor (turns out, it does literally everything you want in this deck... top deck manipulation, recasting jeleva, bouncing blockers, etc)

This deck has been a ton of fun; also kind of intense in a way. Big things start happening fast; it really challenges your opponents and starts asking questions that need to be answered.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-26 6:19 am 

What about multiple attack steps? You'd get multiple Jeleva triggers.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-29 3:58 pm 

My Jeleva deck is quite different than yours (it focuses on casting opponents' spells rather than my own) but one card I'm always happy to see is Phyrexian Tower. Jeleva's exile can be hit or miss, especially the first go for four, and if there's nothing of note exiled because you were unlucky or you already managed to cast it, people will avoid killing her so you can't cast her again. Phyrexian Tower gets her back in the command center and gives you mana to cast her again.

It's also just an all-around good card and can save your other creatures from theft or exile. Keep in mind that the sacrifice is a mana ability so it doesn't use the stack (i.e., it's faster than everything, including split second).

Deck lists

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Aug-14 3:21 am 

Have you tried Enter the Infinite ? I fired it off once in a Jeleva attack step, then found and cast Omniscience from my hand of 75+ cards. My opponents were not amused, though this may have been because it was the first of my Time Stretch extra turns. You may want to try it for a more dickish Jeleva build.

I since took out all of these cards and replaced them with weaker but more interactive stuff. Things such as Army of the Damned which is somewhat suboptimal, but 26 power for free (+ flashback) is good all things considered.

I also like Ritual of the Machine and Polymorph in my Jeleva deck. One of the problems is frequently whiffing on her EtB and then being stuck with her in play. These cards get rid of Jeleva as part of their effect and can also be cast with her ability. Oh yeah, and they also do cool stuff when they resolve as well :D

Anyway, I'm with you on Jeleva - she's pretty awesome to build around.

Offline Profile