Prahv, Spires of Order
Reliquary Tower
Seachrome Coast
Sejiri Refuge
Tundra
Island x 8
Plains x 7

The Plan:
The whole purpose behind this deck is to get Divine Intervention out as soon as possible and make the game a draw.

Needs Work:
Currently I can make it happen turn 3, but I plan on adding some moxen and such to make turn two, maybe turn one doable. I still need to get the Moat for it as well as a few more of the U/W non-basics. I'd like to cut the creatures down a couple more and throw in some more Wrath effects. Time Stretch will also probably get thrown in along with Trickbind. Some more tutor effects wouldn't hurt either. It is staying U/W, so don't even bother with suggesting B for those tutors or Vampire Hexmage.

Suggestions, as always are welcome.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: hanna, Ship's Navigator EDH aka WarGames
AgePosted: 2013-Dec-23 12:39 am 

Lost Auramancers is another tutor effect in white, albeit a slow one. Propaganda and Ghostly Prison are easy stall, but at a glance probably won't help your deck out much given that you're running a very lean build. Still it looks vulnerable to early ramp up and/or any enemy that can counter your searchers.

To that end, I'd actually suggest some more combat phase skipping type cards- which are particularly useful against fast tier high threat stuff like Zur or Kaalia.

Festival is cheap and effective.

Illusionist's Gambit is a bit more expensive, but hilarious and useful in multiplayer games.

Lyev Decree and detain in general is cheap and good at slowing an opponent down- even one who works on combos rather than attacking.

Peacekeeper is a more effective moat, albeit with an upkeep cost and being a creature.

If you have the option of replacing your basics with snow lands, and probably replacing your into play tapped lands with snow lands, then Winter's Chill is a solid entrant to the deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-23 1:59 pm 

Lost Auramancers is in the list already. Prop/GP might do, but I'd prefer more wipe over stall. I usually have enough counter, but I wouldn't mind increasing it slightly.

Festival or Holy Day also might work for me, but only if I include Isochron Scepter, which I was surprised by the fact I wasn't already running it. Pull From Eternity is also going to get added.

I like the Illusionist's Gambit, very political card, I think I may need to add it. And Evacuation, another I was surprised wasn't in the deck.

Although useful, I dislike the Detain mechanic, particularly on one-shot effects. I had considered it early in the design and may have to give it a second look though.

I can't believe I forgot about Peacekeeper. That is definitely going into the deck.

Incidentally, most of the basics are Snow-covered, I just didn't list them as such. But, I think I'd rather run Curse of the Swine over the Chill. Still need to give it some more thought.

Good suggestions so far, keep them coming!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-02 10:49 am 

chronomantic escape can give you safe turns to tap out and has synergy with your clockspinning and paradox haze. Some other cards to keep on your radar if you haven't already considered them:
Sphere of safety, Long-term plans, show and tell, seal of cleansing, crackdown, solitary confinement, aura of silence, bubble matrix, replenish, and open the vaults.

Retired:
Krenko, Mob Boss (Goblins)
Zedruu the Christmas Goat (group hug)
Ramses Overdark (Assassin Deck)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-05 7:33 am 

I didn't even think about Chronomantic Escape and that's sad for me as I use Reality Strobe in another deck. So adding it.

I typically don't have enough enchantments out at any given time for Sphere of Safety to be effective. Long-Term Plans is in the deck. Show and Tell is not banned in EDH?!? I could swear it was. So going in now! Seal of Cleansing! Of course! And reusable with hanna, Ship's Navigator! Crackdown would affect Arcanis the Omnipotent so probably not. Ditto with Solitary Confinement and Island Sanctuary and Paradox Haze. Aura of Silence is a maybe. Bubble Matrix hinders killing my own Academy Rector and Noble Benefactor without preventing damage to me. Can't believe I forgot about Replenish too! Adding it. I dislike Open the Vaults as it helps my opponents too much. Although I should be running Tormod's Crypt...

Now here's the hard part I'm having. I've had so many great suggestions so far (thanks guys!) that I need to start making cuts somewhere, but I'm having great difficulty doing so. What can I start to take out to start to make room for these great cards?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-05 1:44 pm 

Has Howling mine been helping you more than your opponents?

Aether Storm to me reads, pay 4 mana someone loses 4 life.

Is flash necessary, you already have leyline of anticipation.

Lastly I suppose you could consider replacing Orim's Chant with Chronomantic Escape, but that's a tough call.

Also, personally I like trickbind over stifle.

Retired:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-06 7:05 am 

howling Mine I usually only drop when I have Island Sanctuary ready to drop and keeps allowing me to draw.

Aether Storm combos with Angel of Jubilation to ensure no one is able to play any creatures. And I recur it with hanna.

Flash is absolutely necessary! It allows me to get 1st/2nd turn Academy Rector not only out, but dead right there and then too. Also gets around silly things as I am casting the Flash, but not the Rector.

Orim's Chant is in there for Scepter/Chant lockdown.

Trickbind is already on the list to go in, but I'd like to run both.

And this is why it is hard to figure out what to cut. I know it seems like I shut down everything suggested so far, but as explained above, there are reasons in to have them in the deck as is. I think I'm going to have to cut Arcanis & Mind Over Matter, Avacyn, Forbid, & Polymorph. I still could use more suggestions please. Thanks so far guys!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-07 10:49 am 

I would run Portcullis over aether Storm then. It basically does the same thing you want it to do, but you only need one card to do it. Plus people try to play creatures immediately after board-wipes, and you can just activate 2 manlands to exile their creature. Also Ward of Bones would work.

Also I am going to just throw these here for reference:
Chisei, Heart of Oceans
Spinal Parasite

Retired:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jan-09 1:17 pm 

I think I'll run both; adding Portcullis to the list. Ward of Bones would work, but I don't like the 6 cost (yeah Treasure Mage).

Chisei, Heart of Oceans was on the original list, but got cut before construction for a few reasons. I may consider adding it back in. Spinal Parasite I like. Also will be adding.

So with all that's said and done so far, here's what my add list is looking like:

Time Stretch, Trickbind, Festival or Holy Day (I'd like to hear arguments for both, timing and politics in favor of the Day, Annihilator heavy meta in Festival's), Isochron Scepter, Illusionist's Gambit, Evacuation, Peacekeeper, Chronomantic Escape, Show and Tell, Seal of Cleansing or Aura of Silence (Again, arguments for either, I prefer the Seal for the lower cost, but the Aura is in all other ways the better card for only W more), Replenish, Tormod's Crypt, Portcullis, Chisei, Heart of Oceans (maybe?), and Spinal Parasite. 14 or 15 cards depending. I'm also adding Quicksand to help kill the Rector or Noble easier, but that is an easy switch.

Now for the cut list:

Arcanis the Omnipotent (if he goes, MoM goes too), Mind Over Matter, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Forbid, Muddle the Mixture, Sphinx's Revelation, Turnabout, Merchant Scroll, Polymorph (I'd still like to keep this as it is another way to kill the Rector/Noble). 8 or 9 cards. Not quite there yet.

So, I'd like to get your guys help still. Of what I want to add, what should I not add? What else can I cut?

Edit: Also thinking of switching howling Mine for a JTMS.

Offline Profile