Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-18 3:34 am

Post subject: Prossh - JUNDRAGONANIGANS!
AgePosted: 2013-Nov-14 3:59 am 

Prossh is broken. We all know it. Unbound sac outlet with an endless supply of sacrificial flunkies for no opportunity cost? Well alright then. As such, I have decided to break Prossh using an advanced and forbidden school of magical science known as "Combo Jund" that will cause my opponents to collectively roll their eyes, stare me down, and tell me to play another damned deck next time.

Commander
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher

Creatures
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper
Viscera Seer
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Viridian Emissary
Goblin Sharpshooter
Endless Cockroaches
Reassembling Skeleton
Urabrask the Hidden
Solemn Simulacrum
Deathbringer Thoctar
Reaper from the Abyss
Triskelion
Inferno Titan
Disciple of Bolas
Zealous Conscripts
Blood Artist
Sadistic Hypnotist
Massacre Wurm
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Butcher of Malakir
Avenger of Zendikar
Craterhoof Behemoth
Harvester of Souls
Ogre Battledriver
Dragon Broodmother
Acidic Slime
Homura, Human Ascendant
Falkenrath Noble
Xenagos, God of Revels

Instants/Sorceries
Cultivate
Kodama's Reach
Black Sun's Zenith
Decree of Pain
Jund Charm
Green Sun's Zenith
Diabolic Revelation
Tooth and Nail

Enchantments
Grave Pact
Phyrexian Reclamation
Attrition
Food Chain
Necrogenesis
Vicious Shadows
In the Web of War
Awakening Zone
Goblin Bombardment
Tooth and Claw
Fecundity
Leyline of the Void

Artifacts
Phyrexian Altar
Ashnod's Altar
Skullclamp
Darksteel Plate
Mimic Vat
Darksteel Ingot
Sol Ring
Swiftfoot Boots
Basilisk Collar
Birthing Pod

Planeswalkers
Xenagos, the Reveler

Lands
Phyrexian Tower
Dragonskull Summit
Rootbound Crag
Kessig Wolf Run
Bojuka Bog
Temple of Abandon
Akoum Refuge
Command Tower
Evolving Wilds
Sulfurous Springs
Golgari Rot Farm
Karplusan Forest
Kazandu Refuge
Khalni Garden
Kher Keep
Opal Palace
Llanowar Wastes
Gruul Turf
Savage Lands
Temple of the False God
Terramorphic Expanse
Vivid Grove
Blackcleave Cliffs
Rakdos Carnarium
Swamp x5
Mountain x5
Forest x4

The deck focuses on Pro-Styles's role as an unbound sac outlet, controlling the board with Grave Pact and death trigger effects, then winning by going ridiculous with Prossh. This is my designated Cheese-Mode deck. Fairness is out the window for this one, but budget is still standard-level: nothing extravagant or too hard to find. As per the course, ideas and suggestions are always welcome.

Bladewing the Risen - MTG: Blood Dragon - OST by Powerglove
Dosan the Falling Leaf - Mono-Green Accelerator
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter - Feed it to Vish
Toshiro Umezawa - Budget Creatureless
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher - Combo Jund
Marath, Will of the Wild - Beast-Mode Tribal
Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Mortal Combat Dredge
Kamahl & Jeska - Tag Team Voltron

Last edited by Zirilan of the Claw on 2014-Feb-23 10:07 am, edited 6 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Prossh - Dragon Lord of Shenanigans
AgePosted: 2013-Nov-14 8:23 am 

Can we call the deck Jundragonanigans?

Ideas in no particular order...

Falkenrath Noble
Ogre Slumlord
Pawn of Ulamog
Massacre Wurm (important: it triggers any time a creature an opponent controls dies, not just for the EtB trigger)
Symbiotic Wurm (and its other symbiotic friends)
Ashnod's Altar
Perilous Forays (and a Bloodghast to keep it company. Some other recurring guys like Reassembling Skeleton, Nether Traitor, Nether Shadow, or the new skeleton guys whose name I forgot would be good too.)
Mind Slash
Sadistic Hypnotist
Purphoros, God of the Forge (His price is falling pretty quickly; he should be $7-8 soon if he's not already, and he's totally busted with Prossh.)
Basilisk Collar (for Goblin Sharpshooter and Deathbringer Thoctar)

And as long as you're going full cheese, might as well run Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion. Dark Mike is really valuable for death decks even without the Trike combo, and Trike's not bad for shooting assorted Lotus Cobras and other utility jerks.

Speaking of utility jerks, there are alot of other death-for-value cards you could run: Homura, Human Ascendant (awesome anthem), Seedguide Ash (awesome ramp), Awakening Zone (all-around handy), Dimir House Guard (hugely underestimated; it's a useful tool that also tutors for some of your strongest cards), Sylvok Replica, or Viridian Zealot. I think Reaper of the Wilds should be good (I put in in my Vorosh deck), but I haven't seen it in play yet.

One card that's worth its cash for this deck is Greater Good. Prossh can't sacrifice himself, and sometimes you'll want him dead so you can recast him, so you might as well draw a few cards on the way. Similarly, you probably want a High Market. Phyrexian Tower is good too, but it's more money.

This is a lot of cards to add, so you'd need to cut a lot too. I personally wouldn't bother with Shattergang Brothers; they're cool, but I think they want their own deck. With that in mind, you could cut most of your non-sacrifice related artifacts. I'd also cut your attack trigger guys (there are going to be a lot of games where you can win without attacking), and Vampire Nighthawk and Underworld Cerberus.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-17 4:21 am 

One card I've been seeing in Prosh decks (and it makes sense) is Dragon Appeasement...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-18 3:03 am 

Basilisk Collar

With Goblin Sharpshooter, Inferno Titan, and Deathbringer Thoctar on the list, it seems like a winner.

Also, Black Market, Mimic Vat, and Fleshbag Marauder

Color Pie Project

White: Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant
Blue: Braids, Conjurer Adept
Black: Anowon, the Ruin Sage
Red: Kumano, Master Yamabushi
Green: Omnath, Locus of Mana

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-18 6:26 am 

Well, if your going all infinite with Prossh, you might as well play Bitter Ordeal, so you can exile all opponent libraries for a good laugh.

Also, fun with inifite mana:
Hellkite Overlord
Diabolic Revelation
Exsanguinate
Fanning the Flames
Green Sun's Zenith
Strength of the Tajuru

Shared Animosity is a good Kobold Pumper, as is Marton Stromgald.

Needs more Mana Echoes.

Asmira, Holy Avenger
Sydri, Galvanic Genius
Karametra, God of Harvests
Derevi, Empyrial Tactician
Prossh Kobold Lord
Medomai the Ageless

Visit my web page to view my altered art cards at Grim Alterations.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-18 5:26 pm 

I likeInfernal Genesis for some dark chocolate morsels for Prossh

When Played at the right time, Fungal Sprouting, Fresh Meat, and Saproling Symbiosis get lotsa critters out.

Slate of Ancestry Gets a LOT of cards in your hand.

Some guys that benefit from a lot of sacrificing:
Lumberknot
Scavenger Drake
Rockslide Elemental
Algae Gharial
Mortician Beetle
Savra, Queen of the Golgari
Rage Thrower

These two less so:
Stalking Vengeance although your kobolds don't help him out much
Extractor Demon But only on the guys that don't utilize their graveyards

Artifact issues? Just slide in Gate to Phyrexia
Enchantment issues? Call on the Quagmire Druid

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-20 7:46 pm 

Kemev wrote:
Can we call the deck Jundragonanigans?

Hell yeah!

EDITS

- Shattergang Brothers, - Sprouting Thrinax, - Stalking Vengeance, - Vampire Nighthawk, - Hero of Oxid Ridge, - Underworld Cerberus, - Hellrider, - Druids' Repository, - Gruul War Chant, - Foster, - Akroma's Memorial, - Vessel of Endless Rest, - Rupture Spire, - Spine of Ish Sah, + Reassembling Skeleton, + Ashnod's Altar, + Mana Echoes, + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, + Triskelion, + Homura, Human Ascendant, + Basilisk Collar, + Disciple of Bolas, + Awakening Zone, + Sadistic Hypnotist, + Massacre Wurm, + Purphoros, God of the Forge, + Darksteel Ingot, + Gruul Turf

Cut most of the placeholders and "Cute" cards for more full-power ridiculousness enablers. Though I shy away from tutors, the combo pieces by themselves tend to ensure a nigh-impenetrable board presence that can win with only minor silliness if left unchecked (ie. 25 commander damage versus one-hundred-million-billion).

The attack trigger cards were working reasonably well, but I agree with kemev that they weren't the direction I was trying to push this towards. For anyone looking to make an aggro-based Prossh list though, Hellrider and Hero of Oxid Ridge are pretty damn beast, and Gruul War Chant was surprisingly effective.

Going to focus on upgrading the lands soon. I have the relevant shocklands, but they're all in Standard decks at the moment. Saw this as a great opportunity to finally shell out for that Phyrexian Tower I've always wanted.

Also, I discovered that WotC does not actually make Kobold tokens. In a stroke of pure genius, I have decided to use Tibalts to represent Kobolds. I got 2nd place at prerelease with a Tibalt I'll have you know!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Prossh - JUNDRAGONANIGANS!
AgePosted: 2013-Nov-21 10:02 am 

Couple more cards that look out of place...

Broodmate Dragon: how often are you going to have 6 mana and decide, "yep, this is the dragon I want to cast this turn"? More generally, this is kind of efficiency attacker, and I don't think you really need it.

Darksteel Plate: what's it matter if your guys die? that's what they're there for

I'd also reiterate my love for Falkenrath Noble... Blood Artist is one of the stronger cards in your deck, and Falkenrath Noble is just another Blood Artist (that also sometimes flies over to slap a planeswalker to death).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-25 7:16 pm 

Kemev wrote:
Couple more cards that look out of place...
Broodmate Dragon: how often are you going to have 6 mana and decide, "yep, this is the dragon I want to cast this turn"? More generally, this is kind of efficiency attacker, and I don't think you really need it.

But its the shiny promo one... You're no fun. Actually did make a few changes following a side event this Sunday and he's right bout to hit the chopping block, so yeah, good call.
Kemev wrote:
Darksteel Plate: what's it matter if your guys die? that's what they're there for

This one I'll actually defend. This is for my utility creatures who happen to be important combo pieces, like Butcher of Malakir, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Sek'Kuar, Blood Artist, and Sadistic Hypnotist to name a few. Also, something I already knew but really showed itself during gameplay was that it doesn't matter as much whether something dies or not, but when it dies.
Kemev wrote:
I'd also reiterate my love for Falkenrath Noble... Blood Artist is one of the stronger cards in your deck, and Falkenrath Noble is just another Blood Artist (that also sometimes flies over to slap a planeswalker to death).

This one is really pissing me off.It's a great card for the deck, but I don't want to buy or trade for one because damnit I have like 20 of these things from opening worthless Innistrad packs they're all here in a box somewhere WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY?!? It will go in when I find it, but I haven't yet.
GrimJack wrote:

I think this does need more X. Revelation, X-sang, and GSZ are definitely under consideration.
The_Dr_B wrote:

I actually ran out of Mimic Vats. I've kind of been putting them in everything so... prolly should get more. It's not my fault they're good in everything.

Last edited by Zirilan of the Claw on 2013-Nov-26 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-26 7:12 am 

You know what else this deck needs?

Beastmaster Ascension.

And moar haste.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-12 3:13 pm 

EDITS
- Brooding Saurian, - Sepulchral Primordial, - Sylvan Primordial, - Molten Primordial, - Broodmate Dragon, - Tempt with Vengeance, - Sudden Demise, - Night Soil, - Golgari Signet, - Golgari Guildgate, - Gruul Guildgate, + Decree of Pain, + Urabrask the Hidden, + Leyline of the Void, + Tooth and Nail, + Green Sun's Zenith, + Falkenrath Noble, + Diabolic Revelation, + Mimic Vat, + Phyrexian Tower, + Sulfurous Springs, + Karplusan Forest

FUN FACT: Tooth and Nail is one of the few cards in MTG that has its own theme song. Whenever a player wins the game with Tooth and Nail, he must then search up this song on his smartphone and play it for all to hear, reminding his fellow players of the existence of both it and the eighties. MTG Rules Experts are still unsure whether this is meant as a reward for the player's victory, or a punishment for casting such a douchy card.

FUN FACT: Old copies of Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded make great kobold tokens.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-03 10:05 am 

EDITS
- Rakdos Guildgate, - Dark Prophecy, - Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder, + Llanowar Wastes, + Solemn Simulacrum, + Xenagos, God of Revels

So um, ah... (whistles) yeah... well...

So I may have accidently found out that if you cast Xenny before you cast Prossh, you can instantly 1-shot one player. The person on the receiving end of this was not pleased. With a (literal) God Hand, it is possible for me to do this on turn 4. Xenny Loggins is about to push you into the Danger Zone.

OMG, idea for altered art...

Anyway, Endrek gets cut because huh-huh-huh... "Masterbreeder" (slaps self) FOCUS! Endrek gets cut for being fun and useful but not broken and abusable. Sad Robot adds plenty of that. Dark Prophecy I love, but in Prossh it's suicide. I can remove it, but not reliably, so it goes. Also, generic land upgrade.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-03 11:11 am 

Zirilan of the Claw wrote:
Xenny Loggins is about to push you into the Danger Zone.

"Lana."

"Lana!"

"LANA!!!"

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-03 11:37 am 

I feel like Puppeteer Clique deserves a mention. It's good on its own and combos with Dark Mike + sac outlet to rebuy any of your opponents sweet ETB or dies triggers an arbitrary number of times (and get whatever benefit you're getting from the sac outlet).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-23 10:07 am 

EDITS
- Mana Echoes, - Mass Mutiny, + Birthing Pod, + Xenagos, the Reveler

Unlike in my Marath deck where Mana Echoes got cut for doing too much, in here it gets cut for not doing enough. The problem is that it produces colorless mana, which this deck can do almost nothing with. I mean, to be honest, I went through the list again and I've got so many two- and three-devo cards that the deck could double as Devotion to Jund. Sure, I have a few X spells here and there, but that also requires colored mana open, which is difficult because Pro-Styles is usually dying four or five times a game. A swap with Walker Xenagos should work out in my favor.

Mass Mutiny was good, but not great. In the end, it boiled down to the fact that it's not insurrection, particularly because it targets. Will probably get around to playtesting insurr in here at some point, but I'm not in a big hurry to get a hold of one. Birthing Pod was a result of me digging around in an old box and suddenly going "Holy crap, I HAVE one of these?" A cursory inspection of the list shows that the curve seems to work out pretty well to support it, and because many of my combo creatures are seven drops, I can warp Pro-Styles into them AND get a sac reuse out of him. Should work out for the best, but still needs testing.

Offline Profile