Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-18 2:44 am

Post subject: Dysphoria Syndrome: You won't remember what hit you - Circu
AgePosted: 2013-Oct-29 3:16 am 

Hello, Evil Eyeball here, The Self proclamed Johnny Vorthos with my first EDH Decklist post
I've played this deck mostly in 1v1 games but I have used it to good effect in Multi Player FFA games too.

I've done something with the List that not many people have done, I've provided the Version of each card (Vorthos YAY) that I am running in the deck at this point.

Basic goal is to Get 11 Mana in some fasion and Combo out with Palinchron loops which cause Circu to exile all players Libraries and then you win.

Fun things happen though when one player is playing Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker with a bunch of Shadowborn Apostle, and you Mind funeral him on turn 4 Exiling a Swamp and a Shadowborn Apostle.

Recent Updates
I looked at some of the sugestions here and made some small adjustments, Storm wasn't doing enough for me in this deck so I took out the storm package

Out
Brain Freeze Scourge
Tendrils of Agony Scourge
Mind's Desire Scourge

In
Lim-Dul's Vault Commander 2013
Prosperity Commander 2013
Concecrated Sphinx[card]

Prosperity offers another non Circu mill path but mostly offers more digging as mostly I just want my palinchron loop triggering Circu's triggered abilities for the win as those abilities EXILE

Lim dul's vault has sweet new art and is wicked early game for helping me set up

Concecrated skhinx will do more for me than Mind's Desite ever did, Has the same CMC and has a 4/6 FLYING body to boot.

General
[card]Circu, Dimir Lobotomist

Land
Creeping Tar Pit Worldwake
Esper Panorama Shards of Alara
Grixis Panorama Shards of Alara
Polluted Delta Onslaught
Darkslick Shores Scars of Mirodin
Sunken Ruins Shadowmoor
Darkwater Catacombs Odyssey
Underground River Ice Age
Frost Marsh Cold Snap
Salt Marsh Invasion
Dimir Guildgate Dragon's Maze
Drowned Catacomb Magic 2011
Watery Grave Ravnica: City of Guilds
Dimir Aqueduct Ravnica: City of Guilds
Tainted Isle Torment
Jwar Isle Refuge Zendikar
Temple of Deceit Theros
Halimar Depths Worldwake
Cabal Coffers Torment
Bojuka Bog Worldwake
Ghost Quarter Innistrad
Nephalia Drownyard Innistrad
Duskmantle, House of Shadow Ravnica: City of Guilds
Swamp 6 Ravnica: City of Guilds 2x 295/306 2x 296/306 and 2x298/306
Island 10 Ravnica: City of Guilds 2x 293/306 3x 291/306 3x 292/306 and 2x 294/306

Artifacts
Mesmeric Orb Mirrodin
Gauntlet of Power Time Spiral
Caged Sun New Phyrexia
Sol Ring Revised
Mistvein Borderpost Alara Reborn
Dimir Signet Ravnica: City of Guilds
Dimir Keyrune Gatecrash
Dimir Cluestone Dragon's Maze

Enchantments
Necrogen Mists Mirrodin
Jace's Erasure Magic 2012
Dire Undercurrents Shadowmoor
Parallel Thoughs Scourge
Memory Erosion Shards of Alara
Rhystic Study Prophecy

Creatures
Duskmantle Guildmage Gatecrash
Cavern Harpy Planeshift
Consuming Aberration Gatecrash Pre-Release Promo foil
Dimir Infiltrator Ravnica: City of Guilds
Szadek, Lord of Secrets Ravnica: City of Guilds
Dimir Guildmage Ravnica: City of Guilds
Crypt Ghast Gatecrash
Netherborn Phalanx Ravnica: City of Guilds
Drift of Phantasms Ravnica: City of Guilds
Jace's Archivist Magic 2012
Dreamborn Muse Legions
Ethereal Usher Ravnica: City of Guilds
Ambasador Laquatus Torment
Realmwright Gatecrash
Palinchron Urza's Destiny
Concecrated Sphinx[card]

Instants
[card]Perplex
Ravnica: City of Guilds
Clutch of the Undercity Ravnica: City of Guilds
Recoil Invasion
Shred Memory Ravnica: City of Guilds
Long-Term Plans Scourge
Blue Sun's Zenith Mirrodin Beseiged
Cyclonic Rift Return to Ravnica
Muddle the Mixture Ravnica: City of Guilds
Frantic Search Urza's Destiny
High Tide Fallen Empires (Version 2, Amy Weber)
Dizzy Spell Ravnica: City of Guilds
Lim-Dul's Vault Commander 2013
Induce Paranoia Ravnica: City of Guilds
Fact or Fiction Invasion

Sorceries
Consult the Necrosages Ravnica: City of Guilds
Psychic Drain Ravnica: City of Guilds
Mind Funeral Modern Masters Foil
Mind Grind Gatecrash
Dimir Machinations Ravnica: City of Guilds
Brainspoil Ravnica: City of Guilds
Increasing Ambition Dark Ascension
Demonic Collusion Time Spiral
Diabolic Tutor Magic 2010
Prosperity Commander 2013
Traumatize Odyssey
Increasing Confusion Dark Ascension Foil
Skyscribing Dissension
Train of Thought Guildpact
Merchant Scroll Homelands
Mystic Speculation Future Sight

Last edited by evil eyeball on 2013-Nov-27 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dysphoria Syndrome: You won't remember what hit you - Circu
AgePosted: 2013-Oct-29 4:42 am 

evil eyeball wrote:
Basic goal is to Get 11 Mana in some fasion and Combo out with Palinchron loops which cause Circu to exile all players Libraries and then you win.

OK, so there's your plan 'A'.

Plan 'B' is obviously mill, so let me point out that eldrazi titans are popular EDH cards, and you have 0 ways of removing them/preventing them from reshuffling their owners' decks.
Leyline of the Void
Relic of Progenitus
Tormod's Crypt
Are all valid options here. Bojuka Bog is great too, but it's hard to use in response to an eldrazi trigger, which means you'd have to be proactive. Also, you don't have my favorite response to eldrazi - Dimir Doppelganger. Doesn't stop the trigger, but it does permanently remove the eldrazi AND give you a copy of it.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-29 5:02 am 

Meh. Kinda disappointed with Plan A... I thought it was going to be something cool, and it's Palinchron loop... Even so, props for remembering Ambassador Laquatus for your backup Palinchronian combo.

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Plan 'B' is obviously mill...

Is it?

It kinda is in the sense that the list can use other people's 'yards for advantage, but kinda not 'cause it doesn't really need them to draw from an empty library. It's just as likely that the deck will use giant graveyards to punch people to death with Consuming Aberration. Or drain them to death with Duskmantle Guildmage. Either way, the reshuffles don't matter too much, but the mass exile from Leyline or Relic does cut off the bug monster.

Dimir Doppleganger is the nuts though. Spelltwine and Puppeteer Clique are spectacular too.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-29 6:11 am 

I guess I haven't played against enough people...
I've never seen an Eldrazi titan...

However Both of you do make good sugestions
I will have to definately consider them.

Also Looking into the Eldrazi as I couldn't remeber the wording on them. They only cause the graveyard to get reshuffled into the library. My palinchron loop doesn't need to generate any mana I can pull it off with just 11 (7+4) I get no mana out of each iteration but as long as circu is in play, because I'm constantly casting Palinchron I'll be EXILING the cards from the top of their library via Circu's ability and thus the Eldrazi never hits the grave, nor do any of their other cards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-29 6:36 am 

Kemev wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Plan 'B' is obviously mill...

Is it?

It kinda is in the sense that the list can use other people's 'yards for advantage, but kinda not 'cause it doesn't really need them to draw from an empty library. It's just as likely that the deck will use giant graveyards to punch people to death with Consuming Aberration. Or drain them to death with Duskmantle Guildmage. Either way, the reshuffles don't matter too much, but the mass exile from Leyline or Relic does cut off the bug monster.

Are we looking at the same list? I see a ton of cards that mill, and almost nothing that uses those cards for profit. The guildmage only does his thing the turn they go in, and the aberration is a good beater, but he's going to eat a removal spell fairly promptly, and this list has a mere 3 counterspells, 2 of which appear to be there for transmute as much as anything.

So I guess my main suggestion is this; Assume that your buddies are going to catch on to your shenannigans and thwart plan A. It would be to your great benefit to have a bunch more cards that DO care about your opponents yards. In addition to what Kemev suggested;
Rise of the Dark Realms
Guiltfeeder
any number of Animate Dead variants
Beacon of Unrest
Wrexial, the Risen Deep
Chancellor of the Spires
Diluvian Primordial

You can probably cut the storm spells - they're really only good if you have your palinchron loop going anyways. Also, you're creature-light and most of them won't hold up in combat very well anyways. That makes you vulnerable to just being run over by big stompy things. Some boardwipes may help to mitigate that.

EDIT: Oh, and the new B/U walker from Theros seems like a pretty natural fit here too.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-29 6:48 am 

Usually people don't have as big of yard as you might think because Circu is Exiling the cards not Milling them.
but I do see your point about if you thwart my loop I could be screwed...

Also as to the Dimir Walker Ashiok... I have yet to cast a planeswalker ever, and I don't know if I want to start

As for Stompy things running me over, My wife plays Gisela, and if her deck gets going with the angels yeah I do get stomped, but If i get going, I combo out and win

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-30 6:01 am 

evil eyeball wrote:
I have yet to cast a planeswalker ever, and I don't know if I want to start

To each their own I guess. Seems silly to me.
evil eyeball wrote:
As for Stompy things running me over, My wife plays Gisela, and if her deck gets going with the angels yeah I do get stomped, but If i get going, I combo out and win

See, this pretty much says that the two of you goldfish and whoever fishes faster wins. You may find that your games are more fun if there's some interaction involved, i.e. disruption. And if you start playing more multi-player games, you'll find it's hard to consistently set up an "I win" combo through three players that would much rather you didn't, so having an alternate route to victory is a good idea.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-30 6:10 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
evil eyeball wrote:
I have yet to cast a planeswalker ever, and I don't know if I want to start

To each their own I guess. Seems silly to me.

There are plenty of planeswalkers that are really good in EDH. I'm not sure if Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver is one of them. The deck doesn't have a lot of ways to protect her, so it seems like most of the time she'll exile 3 cards and then die.

Last edited by Kemev on 2013-Oct-31 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-30 1:47 pm 

I do want to find more time for EDH multiplayer... I might try to set something up at the FLGS on my days off one week

I did play in a 5 player game at the theros pre-release but we got about 5 turns in and had to abandon as the next pre-release round came.

Funny thing was No one ever seemed to want to pay my Rhystic Study "Tax" so I was left to just draw and draw...
Then I mind funeraled Mr Shadowborn apostle guy and Circu exiled one of his 40 of them

FYI Also I just posted my wife's deck (1 of 2) (My primary opponent) In another thread

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-27 2:27 pm 

evil eyeball wrote:
No one ever seemed to want to pay my Rhystic Study "Tax" so I was left to just draw and draw...

Never rely on your opponents being stupid, but be happy when they are.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-27 2:28 pm 

I forgot to put a post at the top like most people do for edits so I'm just going to edit the first post as I have made some changes to the deck after aquiring all 5 C2013 decks

I'm looking into more of the sugestions above like

And IF and only IF I can find 2 cards that I have that aren't worth it I might try to make room for Lazav and Mirko concidering I have Szadek in the 99 at this point and they both seem like they have cool abilities.

Offline Profile