Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-12 2:41 pm

Post subject: Kresh, Rising
AgePosted: 2013-Jun-27 4:15 pm 

In ancient times, the land lay covered in forests, where, from ages long past, dwelt the spirits of the gods. These 'gods' were the dragons, the predators of fire and destruction who took as Kresh would do. One day, he would challenge them and tear their wings in victorious triumph. But he wasn't strong enough yet, not without the wild braids to prove his status.

Llanowar Elves from Deadly Alure.
Fyndhorn Elves from a second dose of Deadly Alure.
Nightshade Peddler from Tragic Slip.
Stonewright from Heat Stroke.
Dwarven Miner from Fissure.
Soldier of Fortune from Comet Storm.
Sprouting Thrinax from Cone of Flame.
Sylvan Ranger is conquered by an Act of Treason.
Spike Rogue from Venom.
Bloodthrone Vampire from Necrobite.
Garruk's Packleader from Blood Feud.
Uktabi Orangutan from Lure.
Scarland Thrinax from Prey Upon.
Citanul Woodreaders from Venomous Breath
Imperiosaur from Assault Strobe.
Deadbridge Goliath from Wreaking Ball.
Roaring Primadox from Melee.
Bloodflow Connoisseur from Public Execution.
Shambling Shell conquered by Mark of Mutiny.
Igneous Pouncer by Terminate.
Valley Rannet from Phthisis.
Skarrg Goliath from Soul's Fire.

Search for Tomorrow
Kodama's Reach
Deep Reconnaissance
Rampant Growth
Nature's Lore
Kitesail
Mask of Avacyn
Silver-Inlaid Dagger
Demonspine Whip
Mage Slayer
Ring of Valkas
Hunter's Insight
Spidersilk Armor
Terrifying Presence
Familiar Ground
Bestial Fury
Krosan Grip
Vandalblast
Regeneration
Phyrexian Reclamation

The rules I'm putting in place are fairly simple: whenever I use Kresh to defeat a creature, if the creature is within my colors I have to put it into my deck and take out a different creature. I've put the majority of these cards in just to have something preliminary. I thought about making it much more Voltron, but then I would be tempted to leave it that way. So hopefully these cards aren't too strong right now, and will facilitate killing bigger creatures. I think I need some more fight cards. Anyway, I will probably play it this weekend and see how it goes. I've never played a Kresh deck, so I'm hoping to get at least one kill in.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Kresh, Rising
AgePosted: 2013-Jul-03 8:03 am 

It'd be cool if you could figure out 22 lands to go with Kresh's 22 conquests. Maybe the Llanowar Elves were killed in the Llanowar Forest, which turned into the Llanowar Waste after the elves were poisoned, or Kresh hunted the Valley Rannet in the Mossfire Valley.

It'd take some time with Gatherer.

It'd be worth it though.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Jul-12 5:05 am 

Kemev wrote:
It'd be cool if you could figure out 22 lands to go with Kresh's 22 conquests. Maybe the Llanowar Elves were killed in the Llanowar Forest, which turned into the Llanowar Waste after the elves were poisoned, or Kresh hunted the Valley Rannet in the Mossfire Valley.

It'd be worth it though.

Would be awesome, and if I'm not already completely drained on various lands for Jund colors I'll try it out. I like the thinking, but you're right: it'll take quite some time.

As an aside:
One of my biggest stipulations with playing this deck is that I'm not allowing myself to play it against any deck that I've made (and I tend to lend out decks a lot), and the majority of my games end up being my wife, one other person, and myself. It just seems like cheating when I could just add the creatures to those decks that I want to have in this one.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Mar-01 7:54 pm 

Kresh has killed thus so far:

And as Archetype of Aggression ran full speed through the woods to escape his pursuer, he suddenly stopped cold.

Kresh watched the life drain from his eyes just before he slid the blade out from the Archetype's gut. Kresh felt alive. Kresh felt stronger. His prey conquered, Kresh moved onto his next challenger.

- Stonewright
- Heat Stroke

+ Banshee's Blade
+ Archetype of Aggression

Kresh watched without remorse as his shadow died killing his own prey, but Kresh had his own business to finish. He companion was weak, but Kresh is strong. Sweeping down upon the snapping jaws of the hound, Kresh broke the pup's teeth out. There would be no more biting Kresh today.

Kresh reveled in his own power, even as he saw the hound limp out of sight. Some things just don't want to stay dead, but Kresh still killed the beast. Kresh could kill it again.

- Sylvan Ranger
- Act of Treason

+ Hound of Griselbrand
+ Sudden Impact

And related, Kresh's "shadow" (Nightshade Peddler) killing his own prey:
Antis wrote:
The knight rode away from battle with a puzzled face. What has that old man done to him? He impaled him with full force the moment he saw him, but something was not right... Something has happened and the knight began to worry. As he was returning home, he felt his throat was dry and his lungs burned. His vision became blurry and he could barely focus on the road in front of him. Then, suddenly, he felt a stabbing pain in his heart and his body stiffened as that of a corpse. He fell off his trusty horse and rolled down the hill and to the stream that was running underneath. He struggled to lift his head, but his helmet weighted him like lead and would not let him draw breath. He did not understand why, but he did understand that this was his last day. Slowly, his chest gave way and water began to fill his mouth. As he was drowning, unable to but lift a finger, he thought of his order, of his peers and of his love, far away in the meadows beyond this forest that has seen his fall. A single tear glazed his cheek and joined myriads of its sisters in the requiem that was the sound of a humble forest stream...
Thank you for the contribution, Antis!

Additional deck changes:
- Silver-Inlaid Dagger
- Demonspine Whip

+ Rancor
+ Gruul War Chant

Getting through with damage is going to trump these cards every game. Plus, Gruul War Chant helps take out multiple creatures.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Mar-02 2:56 am 

Thanks for the credit! Hope my creatures didn't die in vain and will serve Kresh well.

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Mar-03 9:02 am 

Soldier of Fortune asks: Did we start a fire?
Kresh: Yes, the fire rises!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Mar-20 6:39 pm 

Kemev wrote:

It'd be worth it though.

It'll be worth it at some point. So...I've been constantly thinking about this since I last updated the deck with new creatures/kills, and therefore I spent part of today looking up every land in commons, uncommons, rares, and mythic rares I could possibly use in a Jund deck.

There's about 277 lands. :facepalm:

I knew there were going to be a lot, so don't get me wrong, but it feels different after you actually write it all down. I'm not giving up though, it just might be a while longer.

Offline Profile