Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-18 5:52 am

Post subject: Wort, Boggart Aunite - Goblin Tribal
AgePosted: 2012-Apr-08 10:44 am 

This is my orginal 60 card deck that I have finally converted into EDH leaving myself with a net of zero 60 card decks. It uses the first card I ever laid eyes upon in a pack I opened from Fallen Empires, Goblin Chirurgeon. Anyways, it is not complete yet because I have not gotten all of the cards I need. If you have any recommendations, please post a reply but be sure to read the short list of cards I am trying to acquire for playtesting in the deck. Here goes nothing...

G-E-N-E-R-A-L: Wort, Boggart Auntie

CREATURES: 40

(Goblins) - 37

Goblin Lackey
Goblin Chirurgeon
Skirk Prospector
Spikeshot Elder
Goblin Bushwhacker
Knucklebone Witch
Goblin Recruiter
Mogg War Marshal
Slavering Nulls
Dragon Fodder
Stingscourger
Goblin Tinkerer
Warren Instigator
Goblin Wardriver
Ember Hauler
Frogtosser Banneret
Weirding Shaman
Tuktuk the Explorer
Goblin Sharpshooter
Goblin Ruinblaster
Taurean Mauler
Gempalm Incinerator
Goblin Matron
Goblin Warchief
Goblin General
Goblin King
Goblin Chieftain
Sensation Gorger
Mad Auntie
Auntie's Snitch
Boggart Harbinger
Lightning Crafter
Tuktuk Scrapper
Goblin Ringleader
Boggart Mob
Siege-Gang Commander
Earwig Squad

(Non-Goblin) - 3

Moggcatcher
Voracious Dragon
Chancellor of the Forge

BUFF/INTERACTION: 7

Quest for the Goblin Lord
Goblin Bombardment
Shared Animosity
Boggart Shenanigans
Goblin Warrens
Goblin War Drums
Dralnu's Crusade

REMOVAL: 7

Warren Weirding
Nameless Inversion
Terminate
Fodder Launch
Grave Pact
Karn Liberated
Din of the Fireherd

AUXILIARY: 7

Nihil Spellbomb
Sol Ring
Lightning Greaves
Demonic Tutor
Burning Wish
Blood Moon
Wheel of Fortune

LAND: 38

(Red/Blk Non-Basic) - 10

Command Tower
Badlands
Blood Crypt
Bloodstained Mire
Sulfurous Springs
Graven Cairns
Dragonskull Summit
Tainted Peak
Blackcleave Cliffs
Auntie's Hovel

(Red/Blk Non-Basic CIT) - 6

Terramorphic Expanse
Evolving Wilds
Rakdos Carnarium
Lavaclaw Reaches
Akoum Refuge
Urborg Volcano

(Colorless Non-Basic) - 3

Volrath's Stronghold
Phyrexian Tower
Goblin Burrows

(Basic Lands) - 19

Mountain 15
Swamp 4

SIDEBOARD: 10 (Intended for use with Burning Wish)

(Red) - 6
Goblin Grenade
Shattering Spree
Act of Treason
Flashfires
Anarchy
Apocalypse

(Black) - 4
Innocent Blood
Exsanguinate
Perish
Patriarch's Bidding

I will post a little more later on number breakdowns to get a better feel for the curve of the deck. Here's a short list of cards that I am trying to get to test out in the deck.

- Aether Vial
- Goblin Piledriver
- Eldrazi Monument
- Murderous Redcap
- Coat of Arms
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

Wort, Boggart Auntie: Goblin Tribal

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Wort, Boggart Aunite - Goblin Tribal
AgePosted: 2012-Apr-10 6:32 am 

All of these enchantments rock with a Wort, Boggart Auntie deck:
Attrition
Cover of Darkness
Gate to Phyrexia (stack triggers to get the sac'd goblin back with Auntie... I should actually add this to my own deck wow lol)
Death Pits of Rath (very good with Goblin Sharpshooter)
Dralnu's Crusade - a nice lord effect that can't be wrathed away

Some goblin beaters I use that always swing the game in my favor:
Reckless One
Battle Squadron (yes, a goblin! whee)

I also use Goblin Welder to rotate my Mycosynth Wellspring and Spine of Ish Sah.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-10 7:04 pm 

Goblin Recruiter is sad he can't hang out with his friend Skirk Drill Sergeant. Cabal Slaver is probably better than Slavering Nulls. Skirk Fire Marshall and Akroma's Memorial are pretty fun together, if you're insane and like setting things on fire (you're playing goblin tribal, so I'm assuming you are).

Maybe consider Goblin Offensive, Mogg Infestation, Goblin Marshal, or Warbreak Trumpeter for piles of goblins?

Brightstone Ritual and Goblin Warstrike can both do nutty things.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-10 9:56 pm 

Quote:
All of these enchantments rock with a Wort, Boggart Auntie deck:
Attrition
Cover of Darkness
Gate to Phyrexia (stack triggers to get the sac'd goblin back with Auntie... I should actually add this to my own deck wow lol)
Death Pits of Rath (very good with Goblin Sharpshooter)
Dralnu's Crusade - a nice lord effect that can't be wrathed away

Some goblin beaters I use that always swing the game in my favor:
Reckless One
Battle Squadron (yes, a goblin! whee)

I also use Goblin Welder to rotate my Mycosynth Wellspring and Spine of Ish Sah.

- I forgot about Cover of Darkness. I'll have to look and see if anyone has one in my playgroup. I guess it could replace Goblin War Drums because in most cases it is superior (mana cost, unblockable unless blk/art). I have to admit the main reason I run the Goblin War Drums is because I love the set of Fallen Empires so much for artwork and nastalgia. I guess sometimes when facing decks with black creatures or heavy artifact creatures the Drums is a little better, but overall that Cover is mean.
- Gate to Phyrexia. I like it because it allows for a sacrifice effect and it can handle artifacts. If I could sacrifice at any time like Goblin Bombardment, there is no question that I would put it in the deck. But the limit on the number of creatures that I can sac is 1 and can only be used during upkeep. Besides, red is the king of artifact destruction so lately I was thinking about adding a Smash perhaps because it helps with the almost non-existant card draw in the deck. On a side note, I'm not sure but I think that the combo with this card and Wort, Boggart Auntie does not work in the same turn as you described. The reason being is because Wort's triggered ability goes on the stack at the beg. of the upkeep. When an effect (whether triggered or activated) goes on the stack, any targets for the ability are chosen at that moment. Therefore, the sacrifcing of the goblin for the cost of the activated ability of Gate to Phyrexia can be declared in response to Wort's at the beginning of upkeep trigger; however, the trigger for Wort is on the stack with a target already chosen and that sacrifced goblin was not in the graveyard when the target was chosen. I think....but someone who is a rules guru feel free to clarify because to be quite honest, I'm not sure.
- Death Pits of Rath Didn't even think about this one. Huh, I'll have to see if a friend has one that I can borrow to playtest. I'm kind of worried about the mana cost because I am trying to reduce at the moment. But, looks like a hell lot of fun and the opponent now has to think twice before blocking.
-Dralnu's Crusade Already in the deck. I LOVE when I get this with Din of the Fireherd

I'm trying to reduce cost at the moment so not sure if I will have room for Reckless One or Battle Squadron. Never know though because I am dropping some cards.

Quote:
Goblin Recruiter is sad he can't hang out with his friend Skirk Drill Sergeant. Cabal Slaver is probably better than Slavering Nulls. Skirk Fire Marshall and Akroma's Memorial are pretty fun together, if you're insane and like setting things on fire (you're playing goblin tribal, so I'm assuming you are).

Maybe consider Goblin Offensive, Mogg Infestation, Goblin Marshal, or Warbreak Trumpeter for piles of goblins?

Brightstone Ritual and Goblin Warstrike can both do nutty things

- Skirk Drill Sergeant He has been in the deck since I started playing this EDH deck (I took him out and replaced him with Stingscourger before posting this article) The good thing for playtesting is that I drew him very often and each time I drew him, I was extremely displeased and never used his ability once (didn't have the mana playing gobs each turn, gotta be aggresive). As for Goblin Recruiter synergy, I like just plain old Goblin Ringleader or Sensation Gorger.
- Slavering Nulls I feel you are spot on for this one. In multiplayer, he is pretty much just a 2/1, very mediocre if even that. For one on one, he's actually pretty awesome but I don't play 1v1 that often. I have been looking at Cabal Slaver for quite a while now. I like that he has like an "exalted" type ability in the manner that his effect happens the turn you play him (as long as you have goblin attackers on the board of course). I am really considering him lately and will look around my playgroup for a copy to playtest. Thanks for this gem I forgot about. Sucks he's not a gob himself though.
- Goblin Producers: I actually have felt that the deck maybe needs one more producer effect to increase in sheer volume for the horde. I want it to be somewhat cheap though. What do you guys think about Goblin Assault or perhaps Empty the Warrens? The offensive and trumpeter need a lot of mana which this deck is lacking in.
-Brightstone Ritual Interesting card. I'm going to try to get a copy of this and try this out.

Thanks for the very helpful responses guys! Some of these I will definately playtest.

Wort, Boggart Auntie: Goblin Tribal

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-13 12:17 am 

Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker most broken goblin evar ! *is the way goblins go infinite*
Goblin Wizard it's supriseing how much white removal is used in EDH :P
Hatred wort has fear ... you know occasioanlly folks don't block her oops...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-14 4:01 pm 

Living Death

I collect misprints and other examples of Magic's history. I'm especially interested in Alternate 4th Edition, Artist Proofs of Legends cards, and good misprints. See my buy list at MOTL if you have anything like that.

Offline Profile