Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-20 5:20 am

Post subject: The Mimeoplasm (Unusual List)
AgePosted: 2012-Apr-21 4:43 pm 

Update: Just canceled pre order for Killing Wave it turns out its not that good.

Hi guys I am new to this site and wanted to post my current decklist for my commander deck which is based around the super awesome The Mimeoplasm, I have decided to make a "mash up" between control, reanimation and cheating out fatties, to better explain and show you what I mean allow me to introduce the most unusual The Mimeoplasm EDH deck lists to date.

General - The Mimeoplasm

Creatures

Solemn Simulacrum
Duplicant
Sundering Titan
It That Betrays
Fauna Shaman
Riftsweeper
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Loaming Shaman
Azusa, Lost But Seeking
Eternal Witness
Yavimaya Elder
Oracle of Mul Daya
Elvish Piper
Krosan Tusker
Moldgraf Monstrosity
Brutalizer Exarch
Jace's Archivist
Wonder
Magus of The Future
Body Double
Arcanis The Omnipotent
Phyrexian Ingester
Stormtide Leviathan
Kederekt Leviathan
Sphinx of Uthuun
Hell's Caretaker
Mortivore
Necrotic Ooze
Sheoldred, Whispering One
Geth, Lord of The Vault
Scion of Darkness
Harvester of Souls See below for info
Vulturous Zombie
Mindleech Mass
Szadek, Lord of Secrets
Wrexial, the Risen Deep

Spells

Expedition Map
Lightning Greaves
Swiftfoot Boots
Sol Ring
Darksteel Ingot
Oblivion Stone
Mimic Vat
Nevinyrral's Disk
Soul's Majesty
Recollect
Hinder
Spell Crumple
Windfall
Fact or Fiction
Careful Consideration
Desertion
Reanimate
Stitch Together
Black Sun's Zenith
Buried Alive
Ashes to Ashes
Beacon of Unrest
Living Death
Life's Finale

Lands

Alchemist's Refuge see below for info
City of Brass
Reflecting Pool
Command Tower
Terramorphic Expanse
Evolving Wilds
Dimir Aqueduct
Simic Growth Chamber
Golgari Rot Farm
Dreadship Reef
Temple of The False God
Reliquary Tower
5 Forest
Vivid Grove
Tranquil Thicket
Tainted Wood
4 Island
Vivid Creek
Lonely Sandbar
Halimar Depths
Minamo, School at Water's Edge
Tainted Isle
4 Swamp
Vivid Marsh
Barren Moor
Bojuka Bog
Shizo, Death's Storehouse

As you can see fro the list it is a very unusual approach to this type of deck but I really like the idea of giving my decks as many options as possible to counter for bad/unlucky draws and not every relying on one strategy to win, any thoughts and or suggestions???

Last edited by mtg guy on 2012-Apr-27 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Mimeoplasm (Unusual List)
AgePosted: 2012-Apr-22 12:27 pm 

Wow 39 views not one reply I guess I might as well remove this thread huh, I gues my deck is beyond awful.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-22 1:18 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

No, it looks pretty good, actually. I think the problem might be that you're over estimating how unusual your list is. To me it looks like a pretty solid and pretty conventional Mimeoplasm deck, and unfortunately decks like that don't tend to get many comments. You don't have any glaring holes in your strategy so there's nothing to really offer you there, and you don't have an obvious and unique theme to your deck for people to latch onto.

Maybe elaborate a bit on what you feel is so unique about your deck? "Mash up between control, reanimation and cheating out fatties" is pretty much how every Mimeoplasm deck plays out, so what is it that makes yours special?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-22 1:22 pm 

I just wanted to jump in and say.. Harvester of Souls is gonna be sick. Can't wait to begin the hunt for a foil one.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-22 8:48 pm 

I've really liked Invisible Stalker and Gaea's Revenge as creatures that The Mimeoplasm can copy to make it more resilient.

Things like Death's Shadow and Ghoultree are also pretty good at making a very large Mimeoplasm, but you are playing It That Betrays and Mortivore (which can put quite a few counters on the 'plasm in certain situations), so you may not need any more creatures for that purpose.

Maybe the Szadek and Vulturous Zombie slots can be tested as some of these cards? I wasn't that impressed with either of those cards in this deck. Mortivore is sometimes a dud also, but I have put a Loxodon Warhammer on a 21/21 Mortivore before (this became known as "hamma hoss" in my playgroup), so it does kinda have a special place in my heart... :lol:

Just some thoughts.

Your list isn't shockingly unusual, but you are playing some cards that I haven't considered for my list. Stormtide Leviathan, for instance, may be something I have to look at for its evasion and protection properties, good call!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-22 10:50 pm 

Update on decklist: just added Killing Wave which seems to be an amazing card that has good synergy with Harvester of Souls and It That Betrays, for those who don't know Killing Wave does the following;

Killing Wave XB

Sorcery

For each creature, it's controller sacrifices it unless he or she pays X life instead.

The reason I call it unusual or unique is because most people concentrate on either making mimeo combo's or they are trying to ruin the "fun" factor of EDH by running a Laboratory Maniac combo deck. I started out as a guy playing a mimeo combo's deck, my most famous mimeo combo was Blighted Agent and Death's Shadow, after playing a lot and playing it as a 100 card singleton, I began thinking about my deck and I realized that the deck just was a mimeo combo deck and not what I wanted at all from the deck, I wanted the deck to work when I wasn't playing EDH so this meant rebuilding the deck, I also didn't want to make the Laboratory Maniac combo deck as I don't like not having fun with friends and enjoying watching their approach/strategies to building EDH decks.

So I decided to build a straight reanimation/control deck but then a little light bulb went off in my head and somehow I thought about taking a friends old deck of a deck she based around Elvish Piper, Survival of The Fittest and lots of green fatties deck and mash that into my deck as I am playing fatties as well so it made sense that I gave the deck another avenue to cheat out those big creatures.

I know you may say that this is an obvious decision, but the thing I find with my deck building is that I will build a deck probably subpar, then test the deck a lot and then I will remove cards that just aren't that fantastic and add cards I want to test out, some of those cards have included many "staples" of EDH but as much of a good card they are they just felt out of place and not fitting into the overall feel of the deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Apr-27 12:52 pm 

Bump made a few changes to deck list and have removed Killing Wave as it isn't as good as I first thought but having Avatar of Woe and Harvester of Souls is crazy fun, as I love saying "Woe ya boy, he draws me a card" I even refer it to my Harvester of Woe combo lol.

Offline Profile