Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-15 3:04 pm

Post subject: Zirilan of the claw
AgePosted: 2011-Sep-04 9:17 pm 

Sorta casual-ish, I'm posting because first of all, this is a REAL dragon deal, not thuas the doush bag dragon stealer, or scorin the 5c good stuff, you play mono red dammit! /joke rant

anyways,This is casual-ish, i'll probply be playing 1v1 mostly, but could be 4 free-for-all
I'm mostly posting this becuse I put so much time into it, feel free to suggest anything for any reason, scince i really don't know if i want to take this in a more casual or competive direction

FYI: for anyone who wants to take it in a more competitive direction, play worlddogger and field wipes (obliteration, apocaplse, I can't spell, ect)

Commander~
Zirilan of the Claw

Zirilan cheats~
Sundial of the Infinite
Rishadan Pawnshop
Tel-Jilad Stylus

Dragons~
Steel Hellkite
Bogardan Hellkite
Dragon Mage
Changeling Berserker
Flameblast Dragon
Fire Dragon
Thunder Dragon
Hoarding Dragon
Dragon Tyrant
Mordant Dragon
Scourge of the kher ridges
Moltensteel Dragon

Draw~
Mind's Eye
Phyrexian Portal
Mindmoil
Memory Jar
Wheel of Fate
Winds of Change
Scroll Rack
Wheel of Fortune

Utility~
Sculpting Steel
Mimic Vat
Anger
where the ancients tread
Warstorm Surge
kiki
Nim Deathmantle
Thousand-Year Elixir

Gauntlets~
Gauntlet of Power
Caged Sun
Extraplanar Lens
gauntlet of M- Oh wait, im poor...

Mana ramp~
Fire Diamond
Ruby Medallion
Mana Geyser
Sol Ring
Gilded Lotus
Worn Powerstone
Solemn Simulacrum
Dreamstone Hedron
Pristine Talisman
Coalition Relic

Earthquakes~
Molten Disaster
Rolling Thunder should be Comet Storm soon
Earthquake
Starstorm
Fault Line

distruction~
Karn Liberated
Aftershock
Into the Core
Smash
Fury Charm (love this with Wheel of Fate)
Duplicant
nevinyrrad's disk
Oblivion Stone

game ending cards~
Mindslaver
Insurrection
Warp World

lands~
33 Mountains
Kher Keep
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
Thawing Glaciers
Tectonic Edge

When i get my sword of fire and ice (promo! 8D) I'll probply take out smash because i want world warp to be super good, feel free to comment about w/e

Our aim is not to make commander an unbreakable tournament format... it continues to be (and hopefully always will be) chock full of crazy powerful plays which you, the players, are trusted to explore rather than exploit.

Last edited by Kirby on 2011-Sep-06 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Zirilan of the claw
AgePosted: 2011-Sep-04 9:32 pm 

Also i have no idea what I'm taking out to put in balefire dragon which is obv coming in

Our aim is not to make commander an unbreakable tournament format... it continues to be (and hopefully always will be) chock full of crazy powerful plays which you, the players, are trusted to explore rather than exploit.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Sep-05 4:20 am 

Looks solid :) You can check my list for more inspiration. It does need Sundial of the Infinite though, don't have that yet.

General:

Dragons

Other creatures

Equipments

Sacrifice outlets

Removal

Powerrrrr

Other

Ramp the ramp: 44

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Sep-05 8:30 pm 

I would certainly consider High Market and Miren, the Moaning Well as extra "cheats" in case you don't have any of your effects in play that allow you to keep dragons around.

Permanent sac outlets might be a good idea as well, such as Goblin Bombardment or even a suspended Greater Gargadon.

Bottom line (and from experience playing a Kiki-Jiki deck that loved sac outlets), the lack of good tutoring and card draw in red means you want as many options as possible available to keep from exiling your good dragons.

Also, Reito Lantern is a good way to recycle stuff from the yard to tutor up again.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Sep-06 12:10 am 

iccarus wrote:
I would certainly consider High Market and Miren, the Moaning Well as extra "cheats" in case you don't have any of your effects in play that allow you to keep dragons around.

Permanent sac outlets might be a good idea as well, such as Goblin Bombardment or even a suspended Greater Gargadon.

Bottom line (and from experience playing a Kiki-Jiki deck that loved sac outlets), the lack of good tutoring and card draw in red means you want as many options as possible available to keep from exiling your good dragons.

Also, Reito Lantern is a good way to recycle stuff from the yard to tutor up again.

As far as sac outlets/ reuseing dragons go, i found it's not worth the cards to sac it, and then put it back into the deck, it's just not worth the slots

ushally my dragons hit the grave, and just stay there

Miren, the Moaning Well might be worth it because i can get a good amount of life from it, but other then that, i'd rather it just get exiled and save the slots for more useful things, like earth quakes and mana ramp

I've ran all the good sac outlets and reito lantern and Elixir of Immortality and it's just not worth the slots, but i might try spawning pit

And i took out Dragonspeaker Shaman because he usually just dies (fyi,i took it out before i ran so many earthquakes), and he saves me about 2 or 4 mana, not really worth the slot

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Sep-06 3:23 am 

what about that enchantment from Shards that gives all dragons you control +3/+3?

Current Decks:
Zur the Enchanter---1v1 or multiplayer-douche deck
Doran the Seige Tower---Treefolk Tribal/Sapprolings
Damia, Sage of Stone---Work in progress (needs advice)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Sep-06 5:01 am 

sandman1887 wrote:
what about that enchantment from Shards that gives all dragons you control +3/+3?

This is just super cute,not really effective
i wish it was like +3/+3, haste and trample or something

Insurrection is probply coming out for balefire dragon
insurrection is unfun, high costed, and i want to make world warp as good as possible

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Sep-15 7:44 pm 

Colfenor's Urn seems like it would be nice. If you put in some more creature sacrifice outlets, then you can use that to keep the Dragons from being exiled, and get them back. The sacrifice outlets would help trigger Hoarding Dragon, and you could have a real engine there. Alternately, combine Belbe's Portal and Erratic Portal to put the Dragons onto the battlefield, instead of losing them to Tel-Jilad Stylus.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Sep-15 7:53 pm 

Etsap wrote:
Colfenor's Urn seems like it would be nice. If you put in some more creature sacrifice outlets, then you can use that to keep the Dragons from being exiled, and get them back. The sacrifice outlets would help trigger Hoarding Dragon, and you could have a real engine there. Alternately, combine Belbe's Portal and Erratic Portal to put the Dragons onto the battlefield, instead of losing them to Tel-Jilad Stylus.

I have gone down the route of sac outlets, and to telll the truth, it's much more efficent to just have my dragons exiled or to have a nice way of keeping them around "aka zilain toys" becuse it was cheap

Honestly, i don't need erratic portal because i always have dragons in hand anyways, althu im sure it would still be a good card,if i get ahold of one, i will definitely try it

i should really get a belbe's portal haha good suggestion! altho kinda just feels like quick silver amulet, idk,i will have some of those soon so i'll just try those first

Offline Profile