1x Ponder
1x Postmortem Lunge
1x Exsanguinate
1x Preordain
1x Reanimate
1x Regrowth
1x Thoughtseize
1x Buried Alive

The combo is to use the effect of Hermit Druid to mill yourself out and then use dread return on your Hermit Druid, Narcomoeba and Bloodghast to bring Necrotic Ooze to play and from there do more or less whatever you want to.
My other combo is Mind Over Matter and Arcanis the Omnipotent To draw all cards and discard them to make the Necrotic Ooze combo or to get enough mana to play Exsanguinate to kill all.
My third combo is to get infinity mana with Basalt Monolith/Grim Monolith or Devoted Druid with Quillspike in the grave have Future Sight/Magus of the Future on the field and Sensei's Divining Top to Draw your deck.

How can i make this deck better?

Last edited by Plague on 2011-Jul-16 9:15 am, edited 8 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Mimeoplasm combo
AgePosted: 2011-Jul-13 4:39 pm 

You're pushing your chips into the pot with 10/2 off-suit. There's way too many variables to consider that will just end you. Tormod's Crypt, Phyrexian Furnace, suffer the past... I think you get the picture. I could go on, and on, and on. Nihil Spellbomb, Terror on Druid before it's active....

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10150 <-- this guy is very budget but I think he's on the right path. Read my comments there for some ideas.

One of the guys I play with has a Mimeoplasm deck. It's basically mana, counters, tutors, and big creatures. Buried Alive and Intuition are very good at setting these up:

Lord of Extinction + Triskelion: Make The Mimeoplasm a Triskelion that gets Lord of Extinction's Counters, then shoot everyone which will end the table late in the game.
Big guy + Skitherix + B mana: One Shot for one person.

Those are combos directly involving mimeoplasm. Otherwise, there is my favorite one: This.

In ANY Graveyard:
1 Random creature not mentioned later
In YOUR graveyard (usually by buried alive)
1 Necrotic Ooze
1 Triskelion
1 Phyrexian Devourer

Cast Mimeoplasm: Make it Necrotic Ooze for the card, and the random creature for the counters.
Necrotic ooze becomes this:
Remove a +1+1 Counter do deal one damage anywhere you want.
Remove the top card of your library from the game to give necrotic ooze +x+x, where X is the card's Casting Cost. If the Ooze's power is 7 or more, sacrifice it.

However, that isn't a problem since you just put the sacrifice on the stack, shoot them down, and then keep going with the ability.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-14 1:44 am 

Yes you can build a pure the Mimeoplasm combo but i dont whant to do that becouse it is not good enough. Yes there are ways to handel my deck but Tormod's Crypt, Phyrexian Furnace is not they way couse if they are on the field i just dont do the combo. Also if all players have alot of mana i dont do the combo either, i do it when they tapped out to counter 1 of my opponent's combo or whatever and the 1 that has mana i play something that makes me look at his hand.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-14 1:16 pm 

if you are going to play mimeo combo, might as well go all the way.

Hermit Druid is just asking for it though. You cut yourself off from a ton of ramp, and just cross your fingers hoping to hold on till you find a way of getting hermit druid out or in the yard. All the while going slow as ever due to cutting yourself off from so many of the ramp spells in green. Hermit usually does well against the random 4 table with the likes of randomEDH.dec. Against more competitive decks, it tends to flounder if people know what you are running.

Personally, I must prefer to play a deck which can win despite a table of hate.

My own mimeoplasm deck is a BUG goodstuff deck with plenty of combo enablers for the nice finish. Either with mimeo through skittles or triskelion, the aforementioned necrotic ooze combo, or one of many palinchron combos. All this backed up by a nice cast of spells, creatures and ramp.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-15 3:56 pm 

Uppdated the decklist with other combos.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-15 7:34 pm 

here are some combos you should look into-
tooth and nail combo- nab palinchron and eternal witness, nab t&n again - get vorinclex and metamorph...go infinite.
Corpse dance- put palinchron in the yard, cast corpse dance with buy back on palinchron, have a sac outlet, cast corpse dance over and over...go infinite
Living Death- have palinchron and eternal witness in the hard with a sac outlet either in the yard or on the board. Cast living death, get palinchron and witness (nabbing living death) - sac both, repeat for infinite.

The thing about those combos is that all three cards they are build around (tooth and nail, living death and corpse dance) are great additions on their own, with or without the combo.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-15 8:46 pm 

Ground Seal will just ruin your day( I know it ruined a Glissa and a Mimeo that had wasted most of their removal on other stuff the other day).

Quote:
tooth and nail combo- nab palinchron and eternal witness, nab t&n again - get vorinclex and metamorph...go infinite.
Corpse dance- put palinchron in the yard, cast corpse dance with buy back on palinchron, have a sac outlet, cast corpse dance over and over...go infinite
Living Death- have palinchron and eternal witness in the hard with a sac outlet either in the yard or on the board. Cast living death, get palinchron and witness (nabbing living death) - sac both, repeat for infinite.

Love these so much it's not even funny. With Corpse Dance or Living Death I'd love to see Altar of Dementia as the sac outlet.

Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief(Changes constantly)
Ink-Treader Nephilim(Group allowed)
Maelstrom Wanderer

Building Process:
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius(Draw, Earthquakes, Fireballs)

Dismantled:
Uril, the Miststalker
Captain Sisay
Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-16 4:35 am 

The42up wrote:
here are some combos you should look into-

The thing about those combos is that all three cards they are build around (tooth and nail, living death and corpse dance) are great additions on their own, with or without the combo.
I need to think aboute thoose combos they seem nice but they are a bit expensive couse 9 mana in this deck is not always easy to get and i should have won before i even got so mutch mana.

Last edited by Plague on 2011-Jul-16 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-16 4:39 am 

FuegoRedux wrote:
Ground Seal will just ruin your day( I know it ruined a Glissa and a Mimeo that had wasted most of their removal on other stuff the other day).
It will Probobly not ruin my day couse either i destroy it or someone els will couse it ruins most of the decks in my meta.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-16 7:59 am 

Plague wrote:
I need to think aboute thoose combos they seem nice but they are a bit expensive couse 9 mana in this deck is not always easy to get and i should have won before i even got so mutch mana.

technically the T&N one needs 11 mana to run, but the other two run just fine with 5 mana allowing them to be pulled off pretty early.

I think we build our mimeoplasm differently. My deck is centered around ramping up asap, black board sweepers and control, blue draw and counters, and then kill cards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-16 8:00 am 

Plague wrote:
FuegoRedux wrote:
It will Probobly not ruin my day couse either i destroy it or someone els will couse it ruins most of the decks in my meta.

ground seal means i have to win by a tooth and nail victory....or a bit of luck with skittles.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-16 8:04 am 

The Mimeoplasm does not target so that card is not ruining anyone's day.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-16 8:33 am 

SpencerForHire wrote:

He means my hermit combo.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jul-16 9:10 pm 

Plague wrote:
SpencerForHire wrote:

He means my hermit combo.

Should have clarified that but yes I meant the Hermit combo. The Mimeo deck I mentioned is heavy on the re-animator theme and other gy shenanigans.

Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief(Changes constantly)
Ink-Treader Nephilim(Group allowed)
Maelstrom Wanderer

Building Process:
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius(Draw, Earthquakes, Fireballs)

Dismantled:
Uril, the Miststalker
Captain Sisay
Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile