Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-15 7:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: War of the Spark Spoiler Thread
AgePosted: 2019-Apr-02 11:38 pm 

ImageImageImage

"Krenko, Boss of Tin Street"
2R
Legendary Creature - Goblin
Whenever Krenko, Boss of Tin Street attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on Krenko, Boss of Tin Street, then create X 1/1 red goblin creature tokens, where X is equal to Krenko, Boss of Tin Street's power.

I'm a big fan of plain old Greed. - intrepid
Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Member of Project Every-Deck
Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-03 10:49 am 

So far, I am very excited for Jace, Wielder of Mysteries for my Kefnet the Mindful. However, if the dead Amonkhet gods get a God-eternal version, then I'd like to see what that Kefnet is like.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-03 11:23 am 

I figured we would get uncommon planeswalkers eventually, though I didn't expect them to be legendary, and I expected them to have very minor powers- like +1 deal 1 damage to something, -2 deal 2 damage to something //3 loyalty.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-04 10:34 am 

niheloim wrote:
I figured we would get uncommon planeswalkers eventually, though I didn't expect them to be legendary, and I expected them to have very minor powers- like +1 deal 1 damage to something, -2 deal 2 damage to something //3 loyalty.

Legendary has more to do with a discrete identity and story importance (it's not any cradle of life, it's Gaea's Cradle...) than CMC, power or rarity. Legends, Homelands and Chronicles all had Legendary Uncommons, and it wasn't until Mirage that WotC started limited them to Rare+ (until Kamigawa block, then again until Dominaria)

So far I'm fairly happy with the uncommon planeswalkers, they certainly are better than many of the uncommon generals available (e.g. Barktooth Warbeard, Marhault Elsdragon, Rashka the Slayer, etc).

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-05 1:50 am 

I gotta say, this card really delivered... I have wanted a Massacre Girl card for a while:

4/4 for 3BB

Menace

When Massacre Girl enters battlefield all other creatures get -1/-1. Whenever a creature dies this turn all creatures other than MG get -1/-1.

Pretty awesome, if there is a 1/1 you can kill it and all the 2/2s... and then all the 3/3s etc. Pretty nuts on a full board.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-05 7:10 am 

Just add Kormus Bell and you can guarantee it's more effective than Mutilate!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-06 12:50 am 

This is just the sweeper my assassin tribal deck needs.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-07 7:53 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Pretty awesome, if there is a 1/1 you can kill it and all the 2/2s... and then all the 3/3s etc. Pretty nuts on a full board.

If I'm reading it right, it will cascade a lot more quickly than that - if there's a 1/1 and 3 2/2's, the 1/1 will die, killing the 2/2's, which will then make everything up to X/5 die, which then...

Inkeyes22 wrote:
I have wanted a Massacre Girl card for a while:

Is this a story character?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-07 8:08 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:

If I'm reading it right, it will cascade a lot more quickly than that - if there's a 1/1 and 3 2/2's, the 1/1 will die, killing the 2/2's, which will then make everything up to X/5 die, which then...

Inkeyes22 wrote:

Wow, that's an impressive sweeper.

Massacre Girl got mentioned on flavor text in a couple of Return to Ravnica block cards: https://scryfall.com/search?q=ft%3A%22massacre+girl%22+not%3Areprint

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-07 8:15 am 

I've been trying to figure out how to put Massacre Girl in my Gruul-Zhov Aristocrats/Tokens deck, but she kills all my aristocrat pieces too early in the chain

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-07 10:26 am 

spacemonaut wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:

Inkeyes22 wrote:

Wow, that's an impressive sweeper.

Massacre Girl got mentioned on flavor text in a couple of Return to Ravnica block cards: https://scryfall.com/search?q=ft%3A%22massacre+girl%22+not%3Areprint

Yeah, sorry the way what I wrote reads is wonky... if there are 10 1/1s then everything gets -10/-10 and if more stuff dies it just gets bigger.

She was mentioned a few times, here is some more info https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Massacre_Girl

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-08 5:16 am 

This is bloody awesome.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-08 5:41 am 

SO SO GOOD. This is 100% made for my Anax and Cymede deck but it's just so good in general

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-08 5:48 am 

Really cool too see some older characters like Feather get a card. Since she didn't even once even appear on flavor text let alone get her own card, i would have thought she was completely forgotten.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-08 7:12 am 

Viperion wrote:
SO SO GOOD. This is 100% made for my Anax and Cymede deck but it's just so good in general

I'll bet. It doesn't go very well in my A&C deck, but that's because I'm very heavily enchantment focused. That being said, this is immediately replacing my Firesong and Sunspeaker deck which I never ended up really liking.

Arcane spells are looking really good with Feather, since you can return arcane spells without Splice by splicing on a target creature effect. Like splicing Into the Fray onto Terashi's Grasp, or Path of Anger's Flame or Crack the Earth. There's bound to be some great flashback cards for this too.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next