Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-10 10:04 pm

Post subject: War of the Spark Spoiler Thread
AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 3:09 am 

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm a big fan of plain old Greed. - intrepid
Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Member of Project Every-Deck
Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: War of the Spark Spoiler Thread
AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 3:16 am 

What we know about War of the Spark

Happens on Ravnica but will NOT focus on the guilds
    36 PLANESWALKERS IN THE SET!!!
    Planeswalkers at Mythic, Rare and UNCOMMON!!
    Planeswalkers have static and triggered abilities!!
    Mythic Planeswalkers have 4 abilities, rares have 3 and uncommons have 2. One of them is a passive ability
    Proliferate is back!!
    Ravnica is a War Zone - the basic land art shows the city devastated
    The new Tibalt doesn't suck :lol:

..... oh, and the Trailer is FREAKING AMAZING!

Greed is for pussies. Phyrexian Reclamation + Street Wraith -- twice the cost, four times the manliness. - Filth

Current EDH Decks
Mayael the Anima // Garza Sol, Plague Queen // Scion of the Ur-Dragon // Kresh the Bloodbraided // Rikku of Two Reflections // Kaalia of the Vast // Rafiq of the Many // Rakdos, Lord of Riots

Last edited by Everblight on 2019-Apr-01 2:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 3:19 am 

ImageImageImageImageImage

Current EDH Decks

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 3:23 am 

I'll just leave you here with this nice interaction ..... :twisted: :twisted:

ImageImageImage

Current EDH Decks

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 4:50 am 

Bolas' Citadel is broken in half

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 6:23 am 

Viperion wrote:

Yes, I have a really hard time figuring out what the other half of those three artifacts in my Glissa deck would have to be. Muahaha!

In other news, that Liliana is going to lead to some very depressing matches.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 8:03 am 

Everblight wrote:
..... oh, and the Trailer is FREAKING AMAZING!

Yeah, I saw that this morning... implication that Liliana is working for Bolas, turns on him, and might not live to regret that decision... at least if I'm interpreting that right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5W9t62t10I

EDIT: Also, ZOMBIE ARMY!

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 9:54 am 

Well, the pact that's responsible for her eternal youth is now dependent on serving Bolas. Meaning that if she turns on him, all the stalled aging will catch up to her at once...

Meanwhile, poor Dack...

Anyway...

Basically Day of Judgment with the intersection of Rescue and Unsummon stapled on, admittedly.

Anyway, shall we try to guess which planeswalkers are allocated how?

Rosewater's already revealed which three planeswalkers will be mythic--Gideon, Liliana, and Bolas. In addition, there are thirteen rares and twenty uncommons, the latter divided in half between monocolor and hybrid bicolor.

I'm not sure how I'm going to make sense of the rares, since even accounting for Ugin and Karn, that leaves eleven, not ten. Best I can think of is that we have two UR planeswalkers--Saheeli at uncommon, Ral at rare.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 3:11 pm 

Viperion wrote:
The Sensei's Divining Top / Aetherflux Reservoir combo with Bolas's Citadel isn't even the worst of it. If you're playing Shadowborn Athreos in EDH / Commander, cast Insidious Dreams to put X Shadowborn Apostles on top of your library with Demon's Horn and Bolas's Citadel on the battlefield to cast those spells for free since you gain life for casting a black spell being Shadowborn Apostle.

Once you have 10 or more Shadowborn Apostles on the battlefield sac them to Bolas's Citadel to deal 10 to each opponent while also pressuring them to pay 3 life per creature you sac with Athreos, God of Passage. If Archfiend of Despair is on the battlefield as this resolves your opponents take an extra 10. Talk about brutal.

I can even see Mortuary having synergy with this to recast Shadowborn Apostle with Bolas's Citadel. Rinse and repeat with Bone Harvest, Footbottom Feast, and Gravepurge. If you have Phyrexian Altar and Haunted Crossroads you could get more sac triggers with Shadowborn Apostle by putting them on top of your library for Bolas's Citadel.

"Stax is the hero we need but don't deserve. Too many people just play dumb stuff and often games devolve into "who does their dumb stuff first". People essentially just goldfishing. Great social format you got here Sheldon." - illakunsaa

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-31 10:38 pm 

It would be simpler to just play Bloodbond March if you were going to do a Shadowborn Apostle route.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-01 1:22 am 

ImageImageImageImage

Some of the promo cards for the new set. Augur looks really nice.

Current EDH Decks

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-01 2:04 am 

ImageImageImageImageImage

Some more of the uncommon planeswalkers spoiled so far.

Current EDH Decks

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-01 3:07 am 

It's going to be hard for anything to unseat Emergence Zone as my favorite card of the year.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-01 3:12 am 

Segrus wrote:
It would be simpler to just play Bloodbond March if you were going to do a Shadowborn Apostle route.
Perhaps since Meren of Clan Nel Toth as the Commander can help get Demons back from the graveyard unless I'm better off with Muldrotha, the Gravetide for splashing blue. As for War of the Spark spoilers I've taken a liking to Karn's Bastion for my Nissa, Vastwood Seer EDH / Commander deck for getting Nissa, Sage Animist's -7 off faster with Craterhoof Behemoth.

"Stax is the hero we need but don't deserve. Too many people just play dumb stuff and often games devolve into "who does their dumb stuff first". People essentially just goldfishing. Great social format you got here Sheldon." - illakunsaa

Last edited by Card Slinger J on 2019-Apr-01 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-01 5:09 am 

This set looks absolutely batshit crazy bonkers, but I haven't been this pumped for a Magic set since Dominaria. Last two RAV sets were meh. Some very good cards overall, but nothing INTERESTING. This set, though... wow. Much hype, very interest.

The full visual spoiler for this set is going to be so hard to parse. I'm glad I don't really do Limited anymore... seems like a nightmare to build a sealed deck outta this. But goddamn does it make me want to get back into brewing for EDH!

Offline Profile