Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-17 10:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2018
AgePosted: 2018-Dec-06 12:54 pm 

Update:

Number of Participants: 12

3 Participants Complete

12 Packages Sent

5 Packages Confirmed Received

2 Donations

Inkeyes22 wrote:
...Kinda cool how I had Sid this year...

I considered changing that when it came up in RNG, but then I thought I would let it ride once to see how it turned out.

Tim Proctor wrote:
Thank you, every year I do all the alters myself (which is time-consuming) and thus the reason I had to bail last year. In fact one year I even did a couple of Alters for someone as a gift to Sheldon.

Looks like I found the slave to support the prize pool...

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-07 2:07 pm 

St. Nic Bolas wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:

I considered changing that when it came up in RNG, but then I thought I would let it ride once to see how it turned out.

OK, so Inkeyes is Slim Shady? In that case, thank you very much Inkeyes! Also, why did my gift come from an address that definitely isn't the one I sent yours to? And from a different name?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-08 12:32 pm 

My disgusting punishment arrived today!

I received some great alters for my Dragon's Deck including a super spicy Zirilan. Pics to come.

Much thanks to Segrus

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Last edited by MRHblue on 2018-Dec-08 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-08 12:33 pm 

Our house is officially swarming with Spiders :shock: :shock: :shock: Thank you so much Coco for the Spider play mat, Spider tokens, shiny spiders/spider related cards, fun grixmas alters including Sheldon and Arogog, and some Dominaría and Guilds of Ravnica packs. You have spoiled me this Grixmas. Here is the link to all my spoils. http://imgur.com/a/jbD4JwB
Merry Grixmas
Gurgi

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-08 12:40 pm 

MRHblue wrote:
My disgusting punishment arrived today!

I received some great alters for my Dragon's Deck including a super spicy Zirilan. Pics to come.

Much thanks to Segrus

I hope you they work well for you! I didn't know if you needed these other dragons, but I knew they were sorta newer dragons so maybe you didn't already have them. Please enjoy, and merry Grixmas!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-08 2:26 pm 

Gurgi wrote:
Our house is officially swarming with Spiders :shock: :shock: :shock: Thank you so much Coco for the Spider play mat, Spider tokens, shiny spiders/spider related cards, fun grixmas alters including Sheldon and Arogog, and some Dominaría and Guilds of Ravnica packs. You have spoiled me this Grixmas. Here is the link to all my spoils. http://imgur.com/a/jbD4JwB
Merry Grixmas
Gurgi

You're very welcome of course!
...but I hope none of those alters look like Sheldon lol (I know what you meant)

Merry Grixmas!

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-09 5:41 am 

Segrus wrote:
I hope you they work well for you! I didn't know if you needed these other dragons, but I knew they were sorta newer dragons so maybe you didn't already have them. Please enjoy, and merry Grixmas!

Here they are going into the deck next to some other Grixmas alters from other years. Watch out GP Portland

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-11 3:28 am 

Well, well.

I thank Mr. Degradation for his impressively seasonal choice of gift! Photos will be posted tomorrow, but I just wanted to acknowledge him for his excellent choices and to confirm I have sent the required PM to our Lord Bolas.

(Just to confirm, what would be the best way of posting said photos? There will, ah, be quite a number of them...)

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Prime Speaker Zegana (Simic Voltron).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-11 4:16 am 

Swmystery wrote:
Well, well.

I thank Mr. Degradation for his impressively seasonal choice of gift! Photos will be posted tomorrow, but I just wanted to acknowledge him for his excellent choices and to confirm I have sent the required PM to our Lord Bolas.

(Just to confirm, what would be the best way of posting said photos? There will, ah, be quite a number of them...)

:D Glad you like it! I think Imgur is the way to go, and I would just suggest piling the cards out into groups (that's what I did, anyways.) Merry Grixmas!

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-11 4:25 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
St. Nic Bolas wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:

OK, so Inkeyes is Slim Shady? In that case, thank you very much Inkeyes! Also, why did my gift come from an address that definitely isn't the one I sent yours to? And from a different name?

Yeah, I was trying to be sneaky, but I guess I got caught. I am glad you like them, I was debating on sending all 7 dragon balls as mana rocks, but ran out of time. My friends and I have long debated where Guardian Beast should be since I pulled apart my Braids, Cabal Minion deck almost a decade ago. Finally when you mentioned Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief it just clicked, a mono-B mana rock deck would love it, so I sent it. (Truth be told I attempted to sell it a few times, but because it is not in mint condition could never agree on a price.)

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-11 10:39 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Yeah, I was trying to be sneaky, but I guess I got caught.

I'd have found you out sooner or later, but I didn't want to wait for the end and check to figure out who was missing...

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-11 1:40 pm 

My Grixmas package arrived!

I got Grixmas deserts, a Santa Sphinx of the Steel Wind, Rosheen chillin' with some hydras, and Alesha duking it out with Emrakul!

I didn't see any note in the package, but whoever you are, thank you so much! I can't wait to sleeve these new generals up for some season's beatings!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-12 1:42 pm 

Coco wrote:

I didn't see any note in the package, but whoever you are, thank you so much! I can't wait to sleeve these new generals up for some season's beatings!

Glad you liked it! Apologies on the lack on note, it slipped my mind.'

Like all good Allies Alesha, Who Smiles at Death is giving 'the bird' to all Eldrazi in the field of view.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-12 1:58 pm 

MRHblue wrote:
Coco wrote:

Glad you liked it! Apologies on the lack on note, it slipped my mind.'

Like all good Allies Alesha, Who Smiles at Death is giving 'the bird' to all Eldrazi in the field of view.

Haha nice! I didn't even notice that (or the armor details)... guess I was too distracted by the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-13 10:35 am 

I have received mine, see the photo album link below:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/m2yEGwXi3bbYLJJx9

It contained a Boneyard Barley, a Baffling End, a Dowsing Dagger, an Assassin's Trophy... then 20 Homeland packs (which I opened right away) and snagged an An-Zurrin Ruins, a Merchant Scroll, a Wall of Kelp, 2 Koskun Falls, and a Baron Sengir. So it was a really nice haul (and they have that new card smell).

Thank you so much Gurgi!!!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next