Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 12:32 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2016
AgePosted: 2016-Dec-16 2:41 am 

Willbender wrote:
I got my package a few days ago from Segrus, but have been so busy I haven't had time to post before now.

I've gotta say, I love the Boros/Hammer + Sickle logos! Those really look awesome, and it's great that I can still read the text through it. And the Ivan Drago and Pavlichenko alters are amazing!

I'm really happy you like all of them. I wanted to do a third alter, but after I got the idea to do Drago from Rocky IV on Intimidation Bolt I lost all of my muses. With the hammer and sickle, I think I was most pleased with Nahiri's Machinations--enough so, I might start putting it on the ones I play.
Shabbaman wrote:
Nice work Segrus!

I appreciate it. I wish I could have made Drago's face look a little bit better, but it is what it is.
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Is the lettering on Ivan actual Russian? If so, what does it say?

Yup! As Spectrar says, it should say "I must break you." I don't know Russian, so I was relying on the Internet to tell me how to write that quotation.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-16 2:48 am 

Viperion wrote:
So, uh, I got a surprise delivery this year! With a very nice note from Sir Nic B himself and some goodies for my Jaya Ballard deck (including one of the foil mountains I've been looking for!)

Slight hiccup in that I have moved house since last year so it was sent to my old address but I went to the old house and the new tenants were nice enough to send me a text when it arrived today.

Will post pics later but I want to thank Sir Nicol Bolas and whoever else decided to include me in the year's festivities. A most pleasant surprise indeed!

Viperion

Glad it arrived okay, despite the mix-up. A lesson on why I require new PMs each year to confirm info - last year's address was just no-good anymore (good thing you got a heads up). Hope the Jaya Flavor Text group wasn't all duplicates...

-Nic

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-16 3:28 am 

wow! very cool alters this year!

Tim's Orcish Settlers made me laugh and that Godzilla alter is great!
Those Boros logos are sweet!
The Avizoa is cool!

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-19 2:22 pm 

Original gift acceptance post updated. Link to image gallery here for the tl;dr crowd:

https://imgur.com/gallery/yMlwE

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-19 2:48 pm 

LOL, well played Segrus.

Glad you like your stuff Moraff. Was getting worried I had done something dumb like screw up the address when the PO said it was delivered but there was no news. Thankfully our dark overlord filled me in.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-19 2:52 pm 

What bugs me is that there's as of yet no news on the package I sent. Not even a peep.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-19 3:14 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
LOL, well played Segrus.

Hey, your gift is way cooler than the Storm Crows I happened to have lying around for the last two years or something...all like 300 of them or whatever it ended up being...
Wolfsbane706 wrote:
What bugs me is that there's as of yet no news on the package I sent. Not even a peep.

Hopefully it gets to where it's supposed to go. I'd just hate to have to send out another unsolicited package... :twisted:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-20 12:09 am 

Segrus wrote:
Hey, your gift is way cooler than the Storm Crows I happened to have lying around for the last two years or something...all like 300 of them or whatever it ended up being...

I just think it's funny because I sent him Storm Crows for the exact same reason.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-20 2:36 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Segrus wrote:

I just think it's funny because I sent him Storm Crows for the exact same reason.

So, Moraff gets to "Storm it forward" next year? Is that what I'm hearing?

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-20 4:26 am 

Treamayne wrote:
[
So, Moraff gets to "Storm it forward" next year? Is that what I'm hearing?

Yes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-20 4:27 am 

If he draws me or Segrus next year, he'd be storming it backwards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-20 11:00 am 

heh. Storm Crow Horde for next year. You have all been warned.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-20 11:02 am 

moraff wrote:
heh. Storm Crow Horde for next year. You have all been warned.

At least I managed to avoid it this year, though not without cheekily sending off my own variant.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-20 1:51 pm 

Number of Participants: 19

18 Packages Sent

14 Packages Received

1 Failed Delivery, pending pickup at Post Office

1 Extension unsent

3 Received, no pictures posted yet (Marit Lage, Masked Thespian, Sovarius, - either no pictures in post, or no post at all) Four if counting the Kiwi...

3 Donations received

PS: With all the new folks this year - please don't forget I post updates the day I receive them (either after waking or after work) - so right now that's around 0600 and 1800 GMT (0100 and 1500 EST). If in doubt, make sure you are also watching your summary on page one for date a package was sent and if there is tracking information. The information under your name pertains to the package you are receiving, so as long as you remember to whom you sent, you can also check under their name to see if they have messaged me about receiving (even if they haven't posted in the forum themselves).

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2016-Dec-20 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Dec-20 2:58 pm 

Here, sorry for the wait MRHblue, the package was delivered a week ago, but I wasn't home until a couple of days ago.
http://imgur.com/a/RC642

Thanks for the cards, and have a merry Grixmas!

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next