Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-11 9:45 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2015 - Season's Beatings
AgePosted: 2015-Dec-08 6:58 pm 

Wolfsbane706 wrote:
Pics coming tomorrow of the second batch. Not everything made it into the deck, despite my best efforts lol.

OK, just edit the other post to add the new pictures, please. That way all links from the summary.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-09 8:07 am 

Trogdor alter is awesome, but Sid's sends have been excellent. Good work all around this year, can't wait to see mine! :D

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-09 10:10 am 

Treamayne wrote:
Well, the Kiwis are 17 hours ahead of US Eastern. So afternoon of 8 Dec here would be morning 9 Dec there. Considering Viperion confirmed receipt 5 hours after you hinted at him, the tracking might not be wrong, it could be EAK.

What's EAK?

Anyways, on the evening of Dec 7th EST, the website said 8:30 AM Dec 8th Delivered. So it was saying it had been delivered for about a full day before Viperion posted that he'd received it.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-09 11:21 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Anyways, on the evening of Dec 7th EST, the website said 8:30 AM Dec 8th Delivered. So it was saying it had been delivered for about a full day before Viperion posted that he'd received it.

I stand corrected, thank you. I remembered being told last year an int'l package did not get time updates in local time, but rather the tracking time updates were in the TZ of the location from which it was sent. So either the system has changed since then or the CS person (who did not have much credibility) last year was wrong. Good to know either way.

Sid the Chicken wrote:
What's EAK?

"Error at Keyboard." Cheeky 90s programmer speak for user error; also used by disgruntled military technicians back in the day (for when somebody that outranks you wants to know the problem, but you can't tell them it was their fault). So, not EAK - just some weird update issue. My apologies.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-09 11:39 am 

Treamayne wrote:
"Error at Keyboard." Cheeky 90s programmer speak for user error; also used by disgruntled military technicians back in the day (for when somebody that outranks you wants to know the problem, but you can't tell them it was their fault).

I learned something today!

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-09 5:42 pm 

Treamayne wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
What's EAK?
"Error at Keyboard." Cheeky 90s programmer speak for user error;
I typically heard it as EBKAC (Error Between Keyboard and Chair) for when it's a particularly stupid user.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-09 6:02 pm 

Willbender wrote:
Treamayne wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
What's EAK?
"Error at Keyboard." Cheeky 90s programmer speak for user error;
I typically heard it as EBKAC (Error Between Keyboard and Chair) for when it's a particularly stupid user.

Not ID10T error?

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-09 8:46 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Not ID10T error?

To obvious, we can't be 133t if they get what we're actually saying, you know?

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-09 11:22 pm 

zimagic wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:
Not ID10T error?

To obvious, we can't be 133t if they get what we're actually saying, you know?

I have a feeling that someone truly worthy of that title wouldn't get it anyways. Especially if you're saying it out loud to them, which would probably be "I D ten T", and they'd probably think it means "identity" or something.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-10 1:29 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:
Not ID10T error?
[...]Especially if you're saying it out loud to them, which would probably be "I D ten T", and they'd probably think it means "identity" or something.
Pretty much this. You only use "ID 10T" when spoken, but "EBKAC" works typed or spoken. The point is to obfuscate the insult to the user with something that sounds like a specific technical "error code" - so you succeed in both insulting them and making them think you're an expert who knows exactly what the problem is. Typing "ID10T" actually looks like "IDIOT" in most fonts, so you never use it when the user (or higher-ups) might see it.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-11 11:37 am 

Kemev wrote:
St. Nic Bolas wrote:
Tracking indicates another package was delivered, but there's been no mention of receipt and no PM.

Ooh, that was probably me, 'cause I got a package of loot!

It was obviously from someone who has a deep understanding and appreciation for New England, 'cause it was filled with Dunkin Donuts themed alters!

I'll try to poke my scanner into cooperation and post some pics.

I also sent some other stuff, but I forget what it was.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-11 11:42 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Kemev wrote:
St. Nic Bolas wrote:
Tracking indicates another package was delivered, but there's been no mention of receipt and no PM.

Ooh, that was probably me, 'cause I got a package of loot!

It was obviously from someone who has a deep understanding and appreciation for New England, 'cause it was filled with Dunkin Donuts themed alters!

I'll try to poke my scanner into cooperation and post some pics.

I also sent some other stuff, but I forget what it was.

So... Beautifully... Donutty.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-11 2:22 pm 

Updated my original reception post.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-12 6:49 am 

The Sol Ring is OK, but those other 3... damn. Rogue's Passage as the drive-up window, Temple of the False God as a Dunks and Zada as a DD employee are amazing.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-12 10:40 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
The Sol Ring is OK, but those other 3... damn. Rogue's Passage as the drive-up window, Temple of the False God as a Dunks and Zada as a DD employee are amazing.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Thanks! right now working on a Axelrod/Axl Rose/ G&R alter.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next