Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-06 2:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Grixmas 2015 - Season's Beatings
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-24 7:00 pm 

Grixmas 2015

Timeline:
    End sign-up: (last date to submit your name for participation)
      26 Oct 15
    Verify Contact Data: (Last date to PM your contact information)
      30 Oct 15
    Send Victim Names: (date by which you will receive a PM with your victim's name)
      2 Nov 15
    Package Send by: (All packages must be sent by this date)
      30 Nov 15

I am running a seasonal power exchange, where people will get a random Magic: the Gathering card from their secret Elder Dragon (I love when they give up their power so easily). If you are interested in receiving (and giving, though it is the receiving season) a card then you must PM me.

Your PM must include: (all five are required for each participant, follow instructions or be denied participation in my Grixmas Ceremony)
    Name
    Address
    Additional Contact see Note 1
    Limiting Information see Note 2
    Regional Information see Note 3

I also require a PM to be sent within 48hrs when a package is sent or received. Tracking is not required but is highly encouraged (especially since, for US residents, flat rate Priority mail comes with free tracking and $50 free insurance) and if used, the tracking information should be in the "Package sent" PM as well.

Failure to PM your contact information by the deadline will preclude inclusion in this season;s event.
Failure to PM package information (when you send or receive) will prevent participation in next year's program. You have been warned.

Please feel free to post a 'requests' post with the type of cards that you would be most excited about getting (remember, you're not going to get a [b]Black Lotus[/c] so keep it realistic and remember these are requests. You are not guaranteed to get any of them). Because I always encourage the defacement of property, alters are always encouraged; especially "sharpy" based items. Previously successful request schema include:

Linking a decklist from which options may be chosen (if you reference a deck... Link it!)
    Altered/Promo versions of Generals being played
    Alter Requests - Specific card(s) (something like "Altered Storm Crow" - Tim Proctor's request)
    Alter Requests - Specific theme (something like "any card altered to My Little Pony theme" - Sid's Request)
    Cards signed by the sender
    Interesting Generals (altered or not)
    Old cards that would not see printing now (abilities out of rarity or color like Sindbad, odd effects like Balduvian Shaman)
    Tokens (altered or not)

This is an EDH forum so EDH staples are probably the best type of card to send. Also altered or signed versions of cards help make your gift unique. Changes to what you are wishing for should be made by updating the original request post (since that will be linked to your name on the next post). Also, it is advisable that you PM me and/or post in the thread that you have updated your request information.

The second post of this thread will have all information summarized and linked by participant, once participants are confirmed. (see Grixmas 2014 Summary for an example)

Note 1 wrote:

Participation requires that either you can be emailed through the forums, or if you have that feature turned off you supply an email address. Email addresses are also required for Donations SASE use and/or Paypal donations. The point is that I need some way other than Forum PM to contact you should plans drastically change with minimal notice.

Note 2 wrote:

If you will be away from the registration address provided for greater than 48 hours between 1 Dec 2015 and 15 Jan 2016, please provide that information.
Reasons may include (but are not limited to) Vacation, Holiday Travel, Business Travel, Moving, and being too lazy to check your mail regularly. Otherwise, please put N/A in the registration if there is no planned "away time," and should that changed notify me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made regarding delivery.

Note 3 wrote:

If participation is limited by region, include what region (Country(ies), Continent(s), Region(s)) to which you are willing to send. If you have no problems victimizing anyone, put N/A or Global. If I cannot pair somebody with a regional limitation, I will PM them back and we can discuss options.

I am accepting donations early for the running of this program (rather than waiting until Murphy strikes). Your options, should you choose to donate, are:

- Mail a single card, personally altered and signed (good or bad, but not professionally altered unless you are the professional). The card should be from an EDH Pre-con -or- less than $1 (or local currency)
-- For those who wish to donate but shipping is prohibitive, I will send a SASE (or equivilent) for you to send the donation. PM for details.
- For those that prefer monetary donations, PM for my Paypal or other options. This will mostly go towards SASE coverage for card donations and shipping of prizes.

Send donations to:
Nic Bolas
15 Brasseler Blvd Apt L17
Savannah, GA 31419-5215

Cards received will first be used to cover any packages that are lost to the mail. The goal is to have a bank of cards before any packages are lost, so there is no waiting time for donations to replace lost packages. All the remaining donations will be used for the season closing vote on most seasonal/appropriate gift.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2016-Jan-13 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2015 - Season's Beatings
AgePosted: 2015-Sep-24 7:00 pm 

Number of Participants: 18

18 Packages Sent

17 Packages Received

3 Donations received (Tim Proctor, Viperion, Treamayne)

Key: (since there is confusion after I removed the previous example)
NAME
Package Sent: This is the date the package coming to NAME was sent (sop you can watch for it)
Tracking Number: will be here if available, linked if able.
Package Received: This is the date you received your package (as long as you remember to let us know)

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 9 Dec 15
Tracking Number: 9500 1104 3258 5343 2393 70
Package Received: 11 Dec 2015

Demands:
Any card card from my Mayael the Anima deck list that is not already pimped out, with one or more of the following traits: foil, full art, altered, signed (by artist or sender), or non-English.

References:
Demands Post
Mayael Deck List

COMPLETE
Package Sent: Extension8 Dec 15
Tracking Number: LC489219952US
Package Received: 15 Dec 2015

Demands: Altered Radha, Heir to Keld to make it white-bordered would be amazing and a priority. Revised-looking borders would be bonkers. Altered Zedruu the Greathearted or Horobi, Death's Wailwould be sweet.
Anything that would go into a Horobi deck but atm looking for an Arabian Nights Cuombajj Witches, Phyrexian Splicer and pretty much any silliness that has the word "target creature" on it.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 23 Nov 15
Tracking Number: 9507100024445327000131
Package Received: 27 Nov 15

Demands:
Any of my current generals altered or in foil. (Oloro, Sharuum, Derevi, Karrthus)

Any of the following cards normal (or altered/foil if you want)
Dragonspeaker Shaman, Copy Artifact, Power Artifact, Sculpting Steel, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Rings of Brighthearth, Thran Dynamo, Smokestack, Necropotence, Render Silent, Crux of Fate, Black Vise, Vindicate

Any other goodies you foolishly want to offer as tribute give to me.

References:
Demands Post
Lilliana INN Playmat

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 25 Nov 15
Tracking Number: 9505 5114 4431 5329 2122 13
Package Received: 27 Nov 15

Demands:
I would be happy with another altered Brainstorm.

I am trying to build a Damia, Sage of Stone deck with altered/sighed/foil cards. Steve Argyle is at SLC Comiccon right now so hopefully I can get some stuff signed. Unfortunately, I can't go but I have a few friends that are there.

Edit: he signed a ton of stuff and was really nice to my friends. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any Damias when she came over.

References:
Demands Post
Damia Bling Deck

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 21 Dec 2015
Tracking Number: 9500111297365355519535
Package Received: 26 Dec 2015

Demands:
I confine my foiling urge to my Funzur deck, but there are only a few cards yet to ask for left for it: I could use foils of Thassa, Disdainful Stroke, Angel of Jubilation, or Unquestioned Authority. In the spirit of Grixmas, I will also bring myself to demand 10th Edition foil Wrath of God and Beta Control Magic. I'm so overcome with Grixmas spirit right now that I should also mention Expedition Godless Shrine; best expedition art by a mile.

Beyond that, I really only go for foils and alters of commanders. I currently have these commanders who are in Plain Jane mode: Titania, Protector of Argoth, Sliver Queen, The Mimeoplasm, Grenzo, Dungeon Warden, Zirilan (would love an alter of him playing with some Zildjians), Karametra, God of Harvests, and Endrek Sahr.

I could also use tokens for Titania, Protector of Argoth, Sliver Queen, and Endrek Sahr; you can never have enough 5/3 Elementals, 1/1 Slivers, 6/6 Beasts, or 1/1 Thrulls. 0/1 Serf tokens (from Sengir Autocrat) would be cool, too, though they don't exist.

I also like weird old cards with out-of-pie effects (examples that I already have and play in EDH include Glacial Crevasses, Amnesia, Darkness, and such the like) and old cards with about 3 pages of text (again with examples I already have, things like Camouflage, Word of Command, Ice Cauldron, Tawnos's Coffin, etc.). If you want delight me with your initiative, find me oddball old cards that are EDH-playable that I haven't thought of yet. You could also delight me with Caverns of Despair or Raging River if you want to go for the route of cards that I have a specific urge to acquire.

Oh, and Spinal Villain. He has butts for eyes, and he poops to see.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 24 Nov 15
Tracking Number: 9500 1111 3226 5328 3689 07
Package Received: 30 Nov 15

Demands:
I'm not in need of much, other than a Sword of the Meek. Asking for Meek $2 uncommons isn't really in the Grixis spirit though, so send swag/weirdness!

Easy: Sword of the Meek, Golgari Thug
Medium: Jund-colored planeswalkers, derpy black-bordered Legends rares (I'm trying to collect all the unique ones that don't have reprints)
Hard: Ragnar, a non-foil Grove of the Burnwillows
Inferno: Angus Mackenzie

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 31 Dec 2015
Tracking Number: 9505 5111 5690 5365 5910 45
Package Received: 7 Jan 2016

Demands:
Currently playing RG Omnath lands, Angus MacKenzie Enchantress, Alesha, Who Smiles at Death at Goblin Shenanigans and Ghave.

I collect Diabolic Tutors (Greg Staples art) and Laboratory Maniac and would love any foreign/altered/foil versions. Other than that, I can always use:

Aura Shards
Primal Growth
Any altered Goblins (particularly Goblin Recruiter and Goblin Warrens)
Altered versions of either Alesha, Omnath or Ghave (Omnath as Snorlax or Ghave as Tangela/Tangrowth would make all my Grixmas dreams come true)
Dralnu's Crusade
Worldly Tutor
Altered Omnath elemental, elf warrior, plant, goblin, goblin rogue, green or red elemental tokens

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 24 Nov 2015
Tracking Number: N/A
Package Received: 2 Dec 15

Demands:
My wishlist. Any of the below, altered in some awesome way. Borderless extensions being appreciated ofc, but any alter will be lovely (sharpie or otherwise)

These is all the generals that don't exist in foil for my cube:
Animar, Soul of Elements, Damia, Sage of Stone, Gahiji, Honored One, Marath, Will of the Wild, Nin, the Pain Artist, Prossh, Skyraider of Kher, Roon of the Hidden Realm, Ruhan of the Fomori, Skullbriar, the Walking Grave, Sydri, Galvanic Genius, Thromok the Insatiable, Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter.

The back up list that is the rest of the cards in the cube that you can't get in foil:
Angel of the Dire Hour, Avatar of Slaughter, Baleful Force, Burgeoning, Coffin Queen, Dread Cacodemon, Gilded Drake, Gravity Sphere, Grim Feast, Homeward Path, Magmatic Force, Mass Mutiny, Mirri's Guile, Mystic Remora, Opal Palace, Primal Vigor, Propaganda, Sakashima's Student, Spirit of the Night (Black Akroma!), Tyrant's Familiar, Warmonger Hellkite

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 25 Nov 15
Tracking Number: AF053770456GB
Package Received: 26 Nov 15

Demands:
I'm in a bit of an awkward place with regards to Commander. I've not really played it a lot recently as all of my Magic playing friends have returned to their home countries (as will I be doing so in January). My interest has waned somewhat and I've not really built any new decks lately.

So, right now I'm looking for things to reignite my interest in Commander. I'd be especially interested in out-of-colour effect cards (especially in Blue, Black, and Red, but I'll also be happy with White and Green ones too), interesting and/or less-seen Generals, and altered EDH staples.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 30 Nov 2015
Tracking Number: 9500100028695334000157
Package Received: 8 Dec 15

Demands:
I'm pretty much not set on specific things. I play just about any deck archetype in commander, so I mostly just like interesting stuff.

I missed out on the whole of Origins and Khans block, so pretty much anything fun from there is a shoe in, and the Alara and Lorwyn blocks I missed out on as well.

References:
Demands Post
Any other deck or product references provided

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 15 Nov 15

Demands:
I'm pretty flexible when it comes to cards. The card I lack the most is probably Greater Good; although a Japanese Animar, Soul of Elements altered to look like Godzilla would be really awesome.

Anyway, really any sort of alter or card you want to give is fine with me. I'll find a place for everything...pretty much...

References:
Demands Post
The B-Movie Monsters of Animar

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 2 Dec 15
Tracking Number: 1315 1560 0000 2037 4082
Package Received: 04 Dec 15

Demands:
My new Triad of Fates could use some upgrades.

Flickering Ward
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Rune-Scarred Demon
Reverse the Sands
Curse of Death's Hold
Tower of Fortunes

Besides those, something unique is always nice. I don't like foils, but altered art is cool, be it sharpie or actual paint.

References:
Demands Post
Triad of Fates deck

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 28 Nov 15

Demands:
My request is that whomever sends to me sends me a Commander of their choice that doesn't already duplicate one of the colour combinations I already have, along with some bits and pieces to get me started, and I'll build that deck. Something two-coloured would therefore be ideal (I'm probably picking up at least one new deck from C15 once we get spoilers).

Colour combinations I already have:
Mono-White, Mono-Blue, Mono-Red
Bant, Jund, Sultai, Esper

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 10 Nov 15
Tracking Number: LM045482501CA
Package Received: 19 Nov 2015

Demands:
I have no real specific requests, but the following would be awesome:

Tasigur, the Golden Fang
Clone Legion
Dakra Mystic
Humble Defector

Or any other cards that rely on an opponent or another player making the play call, action, etc.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 30 Nov 15
Tracking Number: LC682688506US
Package Received: 9 Dec 15

Demands:
Foil versions of this land:
<Image in Demands post>
That's mountain #343 in both 8th and 9th edition. I need like 30 of them
A foil, 7th or 8th edition Inferno (Jaya Ballard flavour text)
A foil 8th edition Sizzle (Jaya Ballard flavour text)

A Ramses Overdark. (This may be out of $$$ range for this event, sadly. Curse you, Restricted List! CURSE YOU!!!)

Old, obscure, manlands (for a Child of Alara deck)

Other Cards:

Screams From Within
Sleeper's Guile
Shade's Form
Aurelia, the Warleader
Utvara Hellkite
Delaying Shield
Oath of Lieges
Sunbond
Scourge of Skola Vale
Archetype of Courage
Hero of Iroas
Thunder Brute
Archetype of Endurance
Nessian Wilds Ravager
Fated Intervention
Raised by Wolves
Silent Sentinel
Pain Seer
Arbiter of the Ideal
Satyr Firedancer
Perplexing Chimera
Satyr Wayfinder
Graverobber Spider
Fated Return
Fanatic of Xenagos
Etherwrought Page
Shivan Harvest
Statecraft
Delraich
Invasion Plans
Launch the Fleet

References:
Demands Post
Jaya Ballard Decklist
Ramses Overdark Decklist

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 30 Nov 15
Tracking Number: RN076716904GB
Package Received: 11 Dec 2015

Demands:
As for requests, I like old cards that are out of color pie, or that are very unique in their abilities. Foil un-cards, un-tokens, and Player Rewards tokens are always cool, too. Salvat/Hachette cards (especially lands) are uber-cool as well.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 23 Nov 2015
Tracking Number: 9516 4000 2195 5327 0005 64
Package Received: 25 Nov 15, 8 Dec 15

Demands:
How about anything more than halfway decent in Bant? Sid's little list of recommended cards on my deck page should do as a start.

For stuff that's not on that list that I particularly want:
Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant, Archetype of Imagination, Archetype of Endurance, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, and a halfway-decent Planeswalker.

References:
Demands Post
Sid's Recommendations

Package Sent: 9 Dec 15
Tracking Number: 9114901496450243806989
Package Received: TBD

Demands:
Pucatrade seems to be coughing up everything except Corpse Dance & Soldevi Digger so either of these would be nice pick-ups.
Otherwise any shiny things would be great for my decks:
Kruphix, God of Horizons Eldrazi
Karador Combo
BR Dragons
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
Shu Yun Monks
Bant Superfriends
Kothophed, Soul Hoarder
Tasigur, the Golden Fang's Landfall

These are some of the cards I'm looking for in foil, any help here would be much appreciated:
Cyclonic Rift
Opulent Palace or any of the other Khan tri-lands
Alchemist's Refuge or Oboro
Realms Uncharted, Animist's Awakening, Explosive Vegetation, really anything green and rampy that doesn't cost 6 or 7.
Living Death
Worm Harvest
Rude Awakening
Villainous Wealth or Genesis Wave
Zendikar's Roil
Future Sight
Cloudstone Curio
Azusa, Lost but seeking
Reclamation Sage, Acidic Slime etc.

References:
Demands Post

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2016-Jan-07 9:34 pm, edited 78 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-24 7:01 pm 

It's time to divvy donations with the prize winning vote to end the Grixmas Season. In true Grixmas fashion, you can base your votes on whatever criteria you wish. However, you may not vote for yourself or the gift you received. Packages that were sent after Christmas are ineligible, sorry.

Each person's gift image(s) post is linked below. Review all the gifts received and use the Recipient's Name on the spoiler tag to vote (because that is easier than tracking who sent to whom, and it is already linked by who received)

This is what I need from everybody. People that did not participate this year are still eligible to vote (the more votes, the better) as well. Please PM the following quote to Bolas with the names of your nominations:

Quote:
<NAME> for Winner Nomination (worth 5 points)
<NAME> for Runner Up Nomination (worth 3 points)
<NAME> for Gutter Nomination (worth 1 point)

I will tally all the votes received by 14 Jan 2016, post scores and PM the winners.

------------------------------------------

Barring any unforeseen Lost Package replacement parcels, here is the current donation tally and breakout for prizes in the season ending vote. Two Packages have not yet been received.

Here is a list of all the cards up for grabs:

List:
Winner:

Prize Choices

Winner gets the Winner group and first choice of each category* plus 4 grab bag items.

Runner Up gets second choice of Second Choice of each category* plus 4 grab bag items.

Gutter Winner gets whatever is left.

----------------------------------------
Summaries
----------------------------------------

image Link (if applicable)

Image:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image:

http://imgur.com/a/2QTNC (if applicable)

Image:

Image:Image

Image:

image Link (if applicable)

Image:

image Link

Image:
and more

IN TRANSIT
[url]Post[/url]

[url]image Link[/url]

Image:

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2016-Jan-06 8:21 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-24 9:48 pm 

Good morrow St.Nic. I would dearly like to be a minion this year and receive (and give) much power to fellow minions. I have no regional requirements but I will add that my being in the UK makes it easier and cheaper for me to send to places like Australia and Japan than it is for the US i believe. That and I don't mind spending a little extra to get them there safe.

Contact Information in coming!!

My wishlist. Any of the below, altered in some awesome way. Borderless extensions being epicly appreciated ofc but any alter will be lovely (sharpie or otherwise :mrgreen: )

Hope this is acceptable o mighty one

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-25 7:29 am 

My new Triad of Fates deck could use some upgrades.

Flickering Ward
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Rune-Scarred Demon
Reverse the Sands
Curse of Death's Hold
Tower of Fortunes

Besides those, something unique is always nice. I don't like foils, but altered art is cool, be it sharpie or actual paint.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Last edited by Sid the Chicken on 2015-Sep-27 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-25 7:35 am 

Looking forward to this! Will edit with wishlist soon, but I would be happy with another altered Brainstorm.

I am trying to build a Damia, Sage of Stone deck with altered/sighed/foil cards. Steve Argyle is at SLC Comiccon right now so hopefully I can get some stuff sighed. Unfortunately, I can't go but I have a few friends that are there.

http://mtgcommander.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17884&sid=62fbbb2137b72b3c498a982a2c248ace Hopefully this link will work

Edit: he signed a ton of stuff and was really nice to my friends. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any Damias when she came over.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Last edited by Inkeyes22 on 2015-Oct-17 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-25 7:50 am 

Don't forget me. Will add list soon.
Edit: wishes below
Any of my current generals (Oloro, Sharuum, Deveri and Karrthus) altered or in foil. Any of the following cards normal (or altered/foil if you want)
Dragonspeaker Shaman, Copy Artifact, Power Artifact, Sculpting Steel, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Rings of Brighthearth, thran dynamo, necropotence, render silent, crux of fate, black vise, vindicate, crucible of worlds or any other goodies you foolishly want to offer as tribute give to me.

Current Decks:

Last edited by DarksteelElephant on 2015-Oct-26 7:42 am, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-25 10:14 am 

In!
North America region preferrred.

Wishlist:
Altered Radha, Heir to Keld to make it white-bordered would be amazing and a priority. Revised-looking borders would be bonkers. Altered Zedruu the Greathearted or Horobi, Death's Wailwould be sweet.
Anything that would go into a Horobi deck but atm looking for an Arabian Nights Cuombajj Witches, Phyrexian Splicer and pretty much any silliness that has the word "target creature" on it.

As much as Sid the Chicken was amiable last year, I must reiterate that Carrier Pigeons are not (!) an essential list item, though alters of these terrible cards would be insanely fun! :wink:

Edit:

Finally, here is the stuff I received!

[url][URL=http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/Pierre_Dupont/media/IMG_20151218_190651_zpsv4dna961.jpg.html]Image[/url]

[url][URL=http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/Pierre_Dupont/media/IMG_20151218_190844_zpsrsve5cls.jpg.html]Image[/url]

Sadly the top one got cut off a bit. :(

Here is the letter from the mysterious Willbender, with the coin!

[url][URL=http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/Pierre_Dupont/media/IMG_20151218_190520_zpsoixaaazo.jpg.html]Image[/url]

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Last edited by CrazyPierre on 2015-Dec-20 1:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-25 5:31 pm 

Volunteering as receiver and occasional giver! Contact information sent.

For a wishlist, how about anything more than halfway decent in Bant colors? Sid's little list of recommended cards on my deck page should do as a start. (Sid's Recommendations)

For stuff that's not on that list that I particularly want, there's Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant, Archetype of Imagination and Archetype of Endurance (I tried ordering these once, but I fucked up the mailing address), Avacyn, Angel of Hope, and a halfway-decent planeswalker.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Last edited by Wolfsbane706 on 2015-Oct-02 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-26 2:50 pm 

I confine my foiling urge to my Funzur deck, but there are only a few cards yet to ask for left for it: I could use foils of Thassa, Disdainful Stroke, Angel of Jubilation, or Unquestioned Authority. In the spirit of Grixmas, I will also bring myself to demand 10th Edition foil Wrath of God and Beta Control Magic. I'm so overcome with Grixmas spirit right now that I should also mention Expedition Godless Shrine; best expedition art by a mile.

Beyond that, I really only go for foils and alters of commanders. I currently have these commanders who are in Plain Jane mode: Titania, Sliver Queen, The Mimeoplasm, Grenzo, Zirilan (would love an alter of him playing with some Zildjians), Karametra,and Endrek Sahr.

I could also use tokens for Sliver Queen, Titania, and Endrek Sahr; you can never have enough 5/3 Elementals, 1/1 Slivers, 6/6 Beasts, or 1/1 Thrulls. 0/1 Serf tokens (from Sengir Autocrat) would be cool, too, though they don't exist.

I also like weird old cards with out-of-pie effects (examples that I already have and play in EDH include Glacial Crevasses, Amnesia, Darkness, and such the like) and old cards with about 3 pages of text (again with examples I already have, things like Camouflage, Word of Command, Ice Cauldron, Tawnos's Coffin, etc.). If you want delight me with your initiative, find me oddball old cards that are EDH-playable that I haven't thought of yet. You could also delight me with Caverns of Despair or Raging River if you want to go for the route of cards that I have a specific urge to acquire.

Oh, and Spinal Villain. He has butts for eyes, and he poops to see.

Last edited by JJackson on 2015-Oct-30 3:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-26 7:19 pm 

I missed last year due to real life, and greatly regret it. I hated missing it. So I am definitely in it again this year.

Edit:

Lord Bolas demanded in this requirements that we put up a want list.
So here goes:

I'm pretty much set on specific things. I play just about any deck archetype in commander, so I mostly just like interesting stuff.

I missed out on the whole of Origins and Khans block, so pretty much anything fun from there is a shoe in, and the Alara and Lorwyn blocks I missed out on as well.

Edit, the Sequel:

Been working on this for a while. Google Spreadsheet with my decklists.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Anything with an asterick has a proxy / goldborder card. Most playgroups are good with it.

Last edited by moraff on 2015-Oct-29 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-26 7:29 pm 

In! Not sure of a want list yet, will edit this post at a later date :)

Edit: OK, here goes nothing:

Foil versions of this land:
That's mountain #343 in both 8th and 9th edition. I need like 30 of them :)

A foil, 7th or 8th edition Inferno (Jaya Ballard flavour text)
A foil 8th edition Sizzle (Jaya Ballard flavour text)

A Ramses Overdark. (This may be out of $$$ range for this event, sadly. Curse you, Restricted List! CURSE YOU!!!)

Old, obscure, manlands (for a Child of Alara deck)

Screams From Within
Sleeper's Guile
Shade's Form
Aurelia, the Warleader
Utvara Hellkite
Delaying Shield
Oath of Lieges
Sunbond
Scourge of Skola Vale
Archetype of Courage
Hero of Iroas
Thunder Brute
Archetype of Endurance
Nessian Wilds Ravager
Fated Intervention
Raised by Wolves
Silent Sentinel
Pain Seer
Arbiter of the Ideal
Satyr Firedancer
Perplexing Chimera
Satyr Wayfinder
Graverobber Spider
Fated Return
Fanatic of Xenagos
Etherwrought Page
Shivan Harvest
Statecraft
Delraich
Invasion Plans
Launch the Fleet

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Last edited by Viperion on 2015-Oct-25 7:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-27 3:44 pm 

Wishlist updated, Lord Bolas.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-27 8:34 pm 

Greetings, lord Bolas.

I am most certainly in and will be sending a PM to you shortly.

Wishlist:

So, I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment. I only really get inspired to build new decks when I find a Commander I'm excited to build around, and of late I have been very short on inspiration.

So here's what I'm going to do. My request is that whomever sends to me sends me a Commander of their choice that doesn't already duplicate one of the colour combinations I already have, along with some bits and pieces to get me started, and I'll build that deck. Altered commanders are more than welcome and will substantially increase the likelihood of me actually building the deck in question!

Colour combinations I already have:

Mono-White
Mono-Red
Golgari (I picked up the C15 deck).
Bant
Esper
Jund
Sultai

Something two-coloured would therefore be ideal, although I'm probably picking up at least one new deck from C15 once we get spoilers.

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Ephara, God of the Polis (Azorius Men O'War)
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (Mardu Judo).

Last edited by Swmystery on 2015-Nov-10 10:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-28 3:25 am 

Thanks for organizing Lord Bolas. PM sent. I humbly await your command.

I would like to receive any card card from my Mayael deck list, not already pimped out, with one or more of the following traits: altered, signed (by sender or artist), full art, non-English, or foil.

Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next