Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-13 8:20 am

Post subject: Stop and Appreciate the Roses (Cards.)
AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 10:14 am 

Can we just stop and appreciate just how much fun Hedonist's Trove is? Yea its 7 mana, ya its monoblack.

But daaaaang sooooon, the amount of value you can get out of this card by playing it smartly is just, nuts. Will I always play it at seven mana? No, but that doesn't make it bad. Its like the perfect Battlecruiser enchantment card, big, massive and its just, there. Exiles a GY (good!) lets you take their stuff (better!) And, doesn't cost an arm and a leg (Dollar wise!)

Feel free to share a card that you appreciate for being balanced, fun, exciting, etc.... (no Conc Sphinxes or Prophet of Kuphrixes allowed!)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Stop and Appreciate the Roses (Cards.)
AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 1:16 pm 

Prophet of Kruphrix seems really balanced. No one ever complains when s/he drops.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 1:23 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Prophet of Kruphrix seems really balanced. No one ever complains when s/he drops.

*sprays Troll-Be-Gonee* at Inkeyes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 1:37 pm 

I really like Future Sight, pretty balanced for the cost and tons of fun if you can get it to stick.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 1:39 pm 

Joz wrote:
Can we just stop and appreciate just how much fun Hedonist's Trove is? Yea its 7 mana, ya its monoblack.

But daaaaang sooooon, the amount of value you can get out of this card by playing it smartly is just, nuts. Will I always play it at seven mana? No, but that doesn't make it bad. Its like the perfect Battlecruiser enchantment card, big, massive and its just, there. Exiles a GY (good!) lets you take their stuff (better!) And, doesn't cost an arm and a leg (Dollar wise!)

Feel free to share a card that you appreciate for being balanced, fun, exciting, etc.... (no Conc Sphinxes or Prophet of Kuphrixes allowed!)

Am I allowed to bring up Stormtide Leviathan? Mono blue, 8 mana to cast, and it stops anything that can't fly or swim from attacking. It's not perfect and it falls to spots, but it is lovely.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 1:48 pm 

Wolfsbane706 wrote:
Joz wrote:

Am I allowed to bring up Stormtide Leviathan? Mono blue, 8 mana to cast, and it stops anything that can't fly or swim from attacking. It's not perfect and it falls to spots, but it is lovely.

Yes

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 1:51 pm 

I appreciate Nature's Blessing because...Banding. For anyone. Permanently.
Oh, it does other things too. And nostalgia matters...

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 2:13 pm 

Treamayne wrote:
I appreciate Nature's Blessing because...Banding. For anyone. Permanently.
Oh, it does other things too. And nostalgia matters...

Hmmm....

combos with Perist.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 2:31 pm 

Wouldn't "Troll'b'gone" cause sever burns it Joz touched it?

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 2:48 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Wouldn't "Troll'b'gone" cause sever burns it Joz touched it?

It comes in a spray can, and as long as I stay upwind when I spray it, I should be fine!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-20 11:55 pm 

Balance

Balanced: It's in the name. Check.
Fun: For me. Check.
Exciting: Drastically impacts the board state. Check.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-21 12:43 am 

False Orders - The P3K card printed in Alpha. (Both the name and effect feel P3K to me.)

I love this card - it's massively overlooked, and is awesome as the only card ever printed that can make a blocked creature become unblocked. It's also got great versatility since it can be used as either evasion or removal.

Another classic favorite of mine is Blood Lust - I loved running this in a deck full of 1/1s. It's also hilarious to drop on their 5/5 after they Pyroclasm or Pestilence to kill your swarm.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-21 2:46 am 

Willbender wrote:
Another classic favorite of mine is Blood Lust - I loved running this in a deck full of 1/1s. It's also hilarious to drop on their 5/5 after they Pyroclasm or Pestilence to kill your swarm.

Bloodlust was even better when it was target creatures.

Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-23 2:05 am 

2 cards for me...

Baton of Morale.. Paired with something like Guardian of the Gateless (along with any pro creatures and deathtouch ;) ) means your awesome overrun just got blocked, son.

Also... Ice Cauldron... No other card lets you exile things to it, and still use those exiled cards if it gets blown up. Great for storing up for a huge spell too....

http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=233412#p233412

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Apr-23 5:16 am 

Wishmonger.

Want to bestow that Chromanticore? Choose a color, friend-o. Want to animate that land enchanted by Genju of the Realm? Choose a color, friend-o. OK, that's pretty much it for Wishmonger's destructive potential, but it's really good at making the control players fear the aggro players a little bit more. Breaks through most defenses apart from Propaganda-style effects. Makes red sweepers and any colored spot removal a lot harder to execute.

And to a lesser extent Squallmonger and Scandalmonger. Similarly give a little boost to aggro players if they have spare mana to throw at the control players.

Offline Profile