Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-19 6:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2014 - Season's Beatings
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-23 5:04 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
DarksteelElephant wrote:
As a first time Grixmaser and a relatively new member I would just like to thank Everyone for the votes and kind words, and of course Saint. Nic for accepting our tribute and not eating us!

Also first time, and I thought it was a lot of fun.

Maybe we can have Grixmas in July?

We thought about having an Easter Egg hunt, End of the Rainbow scavenger hunt, and other forum games. The problem is Sheldon and his undying will for Yawgmoth that kills all the virgins before we can play games.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jan-30 7:41 am 

I just got the cards from saint nic. Thanks again, especially for the neat ultra-pro collectors albun they came in.

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jan-30 7:58 pm 

Joz wrote:
I give up my winnings to someone else.

Just out of curiosity, who did get what Joz gave up?

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jan-30 8:19 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
Joz wrote:
I give up my winnings to someone else.

Just out of curiosity, who did get what Joz gave up?

Joz donated his share to BKM, whose official package was (most likely) lost in the mail, and the replacement package just got approved by Vancouver customs - so he still hasn't received any Grixmas related items yet.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jan-31 1:59 am 

That was nice of Joz. You Fool! I mean, your kindness is a model for all!

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jan-31 7:09 am 

So BKM didn't receive his gift twice in a row
?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-01 7:31 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Well, this weekend was a good weekend.

Friday night, I got home to find a package with my name on it, from some fellow named Nic Bolas. (photos) It's got a few of my favourite things (necrobite + plague spitter, mm hmm you know my style), some custom tokens (one of which has my face on it, not at all creepy), and season-appropriate basics. I really, really appreciate all the extra effort you went through to make sure everyone was happy this season, and not just for myself. You went way beyond what anyone expected. You're the best.

Viperion is also the best, tho. Saturday, I got in touch with my ex-neighbour again. Last time I talked with her she didn't have any mail for me, so I assumed that Canada Post's redirection service was in full effect, but apparently there was one more package that slipped through the cracks last week. It took a while, but my Grixmas gift finally arrived, and I'm really glad it did. (photos) The main feature is what we've all come to expect, but I think we can all agree that Viperion has discovered the best possible iteration of the Storm Crow gag. Tucked in the back were an assortment of other goodies (the Nic and the Witness are both foil), and even hidden-er behind them were a cheeky selection from the banned list. Thanks so much, Viperion. :D

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-01 8:16 pm 

YUS

(That's Kiwi for yes :P )

SOOOO happy about this!!!!

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-01 8:22 pm 

Good weekend indeed. Glad everything made it there ... eventually. Wonder if Canada's Post is always like this, or only in the winter/beer/eggnog season? (at least my experience with Ontario is that they don't do much other than drink from first snow to last. Well they go to Detroit for VAT-free shopping too, I guess.)

A Merry Grixmas to all; and to all a good fight

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-01 8:46 pm 

Heh, that's the sneakiest 'unban my pet cards' post EVER.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-01 8:55 pm 

;)

I actually sent a note with the cards much to that effect, but particularly in Protean Hulk's case. (One of my all time favourite cards :) )

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-01 11:50 pm 

Awesome! So glad everything arrived safe and sound for all. Grixmas rocks!

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-04 12:14 pm 

Wow, that was a great package. Shame it arrived so late, it could have done well in the voting.

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-07 7:12 am 

I am happy to report the conclusion of the Grixmas Season. Willbender and Maiden have their parcels en route. Joz, Tim and BKM have hatched plot to send some unsuspecting participant the remainder of the cards. All parcels are in the mail. My part here is done and I'll consider if you are worthy of my return in 9 months or so.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-07 7:38 am 

You did an amazing job St Nic Bolas. And I'm not just saying that because you have my family hostage. I mean, I'm partially saying it because I want my son back, of course, but mostly because you really did do an amazing job. Sir.

Can I get up now?
;) ;) ;)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next