MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/

Emblem
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17183
Page 1 of 1

Author:  zimagic [ 2014-Aug-28 2:21 am ]
Post subject:  Emblem

Anyone know the rarity distribution of a planeswalker emblem in any given extension Magic?

They seem pretty rare.

Author:  Masked Thespian [ 2014-Aug-28 2:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

I don't know the specifics of it, but it's my understanding that for any given token in an set, the rarer the card is that creates it, the rarer the token is. Tokens/Emblems created by Mythic Rare cards are rarer than those created by Rare cards, which are rarer than those created by Uncommon cards, which are rarer than those created by Commons.

Since all Emblems are created by Mythic Rare Planeswalkers, it stands to reason that they are some of the rarest of the tokens available. Other things like Master of Waves' Elemental tokens and Garruk, Apex Predator's 3/3 black Beast tokens are likewise as rare.

Author:  maiden77 [ 2014-Aug-28 2:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

zimagic wrote:
Anyone know the rarity distribution of a planeswalker emblem in any given extension Magic?

They seem pretty rare.


Cus they are horrible, pig ugly looking cards IMO :facepalm:

Never seem them commanding prices above tokens though, are you struggling to find one in particular?

Author:  Sid the Chicken [ 2014-Aug-28 2:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

I had a great moment in a draft the other night, where I opened the pack and started thumbing the cards out from the back, and saw I got the emblem for Garruk, Apex Predator. I thought "That'll come in handy if I ever get a copy of Garruk". Then I flipped the next card out... Garruk.

Author:  zimagic [ 2014-Aug-28 2:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

maiden77 wrote:
zimagic wrote:
Anyone know the rarity distribution of a planeswalker emblem in any given extension Magic?

They seem pretty rare.


Cus they are horrible, pig ugly looking cards IMO :facepalm:

Never seem them commanding prices above tokens though, are you struggling to find one in particular?


Adjani Steadfast // Dack Fayden // Domri Rade // Elspeth, Knight-Errant // Elspeth, Sun's Champion // Garruk, Apex Predator // Garruk, Caller of Beasts // Kiora, the Crashing Wave // Liliana of the Dark Realms // Sorin, Lord of Innistrad // Tamiyo, the Moon Sage // Venser, the Sojourner :mrgreen:

They retail over here for anywhere between €1 and €3 (which is £0.80/$1.35 - £2.50/$4) I don't particularly feel like spending actual cash on them but it's pretty tough trying to trade for them, no-one carries them about.

Author:  MRHblue [ 2014-Aug-28 2:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

Sid the Chicken wrote:
I had a great moment in a draft the other night, where I opened the pack and started thumbing the cards out from the back, and saw I got the emblem for Garruk, Apex Predator. I thought "That'll come in handy if I ever get a copy of Garruk". Then I flipped the next card out... Garruk.

Did you 'rare draft' it or actually try and use it?

Author:  maiden77 [ 2014-Aug-28 2:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

zimagic wrote:
maiden77 wrote:
zimagic wrote:
Anyone know the rarity distribution of a planeswalker emblem in any given extension Magic?

They seem pretty rare.


Cus they are horrible, pig ugly looking cards IMO :facepalm:

Never seem them commanding prices above tokens though, are you struggling to find one in particular?


Adjani Steadfast // Dack Fayden // Domri Rade // Elspeth, Knight-Errant // Elspeth, Sun's Champion // Garruk, Apex Predator // Garruk, Caller of Beasts // Kiora, the Crashing Wave // Liliana of the Dark Realms // Sorin, Lord of Innistrad // Tamiyo, the Moon Sage // Venser, the Sojourner :mrgreen:

They retail over here for anywhere between €1 and €3 (which is £0.80/$1.35 - £2.50/$4) I don't particularly feel like spending actual cash on them but it's pretty tough trying to trade for them, no-one carries them about.


Wow, thats harsh, I hate the art and the way it just appears like crap in the middle of the grey ocean of boring. I wish they has done more with the. Tokens look great, and I have around 200 tokens, probably 150 are unique too. Both for decks and for my cube. If emblems even looked remotely nice I would have those too. The worst are the terrible cartoony looking ones like Liliana of the dark realms, both her art and her emblem are dog crap. The SDCC lilly saved my bacon though :-).

To be fair, I constantly find myself having to pay quite a bit for tokens, like the 4/4 dragon one from Alara of MMA, they are £1 each at the moment, so probs on par

Author:  Sid the Chicken [ 2014-Aug-28 6:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

MRHblue wrote:
Did you 'rare draft' it or actually try and use it?

It was pick 1 pack 1, so I snapped that up with hopes to use it, but alas, U/W was the deck coming my way. Forcing G/B would have made my deck terribad, despite the bomb mythic.

Author:  bclare [ 2014-Aug-31 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

Actually, I'm pretty sure they've also said that token rarity is related to how many tokens are made (in addition to the card rarity). So planeswalker emblems are super rare because generally only one is made (exception for Sorin, Lord of Innistrad) but things like Master of Waves, Abhorrent Overlord etc. make multiple tokens so those show up more often than they would otherwise

Author:  24x30cl [ 2014-Aug-31 9:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

bclare wrote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure they've also said that token rarity is related to how many tokens are made (in addition to the card rarity). So planeswalker emblems are super rare because generally only one is made (exception for Sorin, Lord of Innistrad) but things like Master of Waves, Abhorrent Overlord etc. make multiple tokens so those show up more often than they would otherwise


Do you have any sources for this? I would be great to get some more insight on this subject.

Author:  MrCool [ 2014-Sep-02 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Emblem

24x30cl wrote:
bclare wrote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure they've also said that token rarity is related to how many tokens are made (in addition to the card rarity). So planeswalker emblems are super rare because generally only one is made (exception for Sorin, Lord of Innistrad) but things like Master of Waves, Abhorrent Overlord etc. make multiple tokens so those show up more often than they would otherwise


Do you have any sources for this? I would be great to get some more insight on this subject.

I don't think there is one. I haven't found one and I've found other people say that they couldn't either. But based on observations it looks like there is a correlation with rarity of the card that makes the token and the distribution of token in packs.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 7 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/