Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-14 4:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Its Almost Grixis Season 2! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 7:35 am 

So we are running a secret Saint Nic(ol Bolas) gift exchange again, where people will get a random Magic: the Gathering card from their secret saint Nic. If you are interested in receiving (and giving, even though it is the receiving season) a card then please PM me with your name and address also post on here a Request post.

The current count of participants is up to: 28

All it takes is an envelope, a front loader, and a stamp or two (oh and the card of course).

Please feel free to post a 'requests' post with the type of cards that you would be most excited about getting (remember you're not going to get a black lotus so keep it realistic and remember these are requests you are not guaranteed to get any of them), make sure you send me a PM with y our address so I can add you to the list. This is an EDH forum so EDH staples are probably the best type of card to send. Also altered or signed versions of cards help make your gift unique.

You can look at last season's exchange for examples.
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12480

Ban Ki-moon
Quote:
I don't want anything in particular, it's the thought that counts, y'all.

Bruticus
Quote:
My request is for something useful and that is altered in some fashion. It can be done poorly or well, I will appreciate the uniqueness and effort. My signature has a list of my generals as well as some links to my decks for ideas. I also like cards signed by the artist and cool looking old foil lands.

Celerus
Quote:
I'd like foils and alters (or foiled alters) of anything not already foiled or altered in my Mayael deck. I'd also like an unhinged forest, mountain, and plains.

Carthain
Quote:
My requests are just something altered (sharpie is fine) for one or more of my main decks (I don't have decklists, so just use your imagination):

Uril - Tribal Beasts (likely to change to a new legendary beast once the new commander products come out, so nothing Uril specific)
Thraximundar - Controlish, few creatures
Nemata - Green beats, saproling subtheme

CrazyPierre
Quote:
Atm looking for:

Unexpectedly Absent
Any number of Hinder, Spell Crumple, Disspiate, Mindbreak Trap
Any land that produce UG, UW, WG (Any of them, Odyssey Filter lands, tap duals, tap triple colour, etc).
That white instant Tranquility, can't remember the name.

Any number of foils for my Thalia deck, including:
Mother of Runes
Celestial Crusader
Student of Warfare
Soltari Monk/Soltari Priest (think they are foil somewhere)
Champion of the Parish
Mentor of the Meek
Oblivion Ring
Thorn of Amethyst
Hero of Bladehold
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Plains

Guyrilla
Quote:
I really like Ib Halfheart, and cannot find him foil. So foily ib halfheart would be splendid.
Other than being specific, anything would be cool. Minus the storm crows that I keep hearing about.

hemlockpunch
Quote:
Play mostly Black, White, Blue ...so anything cool in those would be awesome.

IGottaBigDeck
Quote:
'm in. All I want are zero Storm Crows, please. Anything else is a bonus, especially if it's a cool alter that could go into a Merieki or Karrthus deck :lol:

Kemev
Quote:
I'm looking for stuff for new decks, so I'd like a Scion of the Ur-Dragon and some tri-color charms. Or Vish Kal with some bad ass buddies like Nirkana Revenant or Necropolis Regent.

(I have no preferences on foils, alters, or even card condition really, just so long as it's playable.)

Joz
Quote:
Nonfoils, any playable condition, collectors edition is fine too, just...edh whatever. misprints/miscuts are fine.

Masked Thespian
Quote:
The main thing I'd like to receive would be a Nicol Bolas; my next EDH deck will be a Nicol Bolas and Friends deck (having all of his minions and all cards that he's been mentioned or quoted on, minus Conflux of course, in it). Whilst a FTV version would be beyond my wildest dreams, a Chronicles version would be brilliant. Failing that, Sarkhan the Mad or Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas are the only other two cards on theme for the deck that I need. Of course, to be honest, I'll be happy with whatever I receive :)

moraff
Quote:
Hrm. After giving it some careful thought, I'm wanting something fun and quirky as a commander for any of the following color combinations.

Mono Black
Mono Blue
GWU
WBR
RWU
UB
BR
RG
GW
WB
BG
GU
UR
RW

That's pretty much it. Altered, and foil would be awesome, and anything else to help support the new commander would be cool too. Mainly, just trying to build something that's not... well my normal slice of Commander Pie.

NathanIW
Quote:
I'm planning a tribal zombies deck. The only zombie cards that are not common or uncommon I own are Liliana's Reaver and Pontiff of Blight. So I'd like a card that's good in a zombies deck, maybe even a commander. Or a card that would help set the tone or direction for the deck (I haven't even decided if it's going to be multicolour or not-- your call, I'll build the deck around what I get). I also don't like the old style card frame, so if the card could have the modern card frame that would be awesome.

PottsRox
Quote:
No preference on gifts, anything is fine.

Scatteredsun
Quote:
I'm trying to pimp out my Glissa deck so anything altered or foil that isn't already would rock!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15890&start=0

I really really want a foil Bojuka Bog and a foil Temple of the False God

Other than that, I love old foils of things that are useful but not staple. I got really excited picking up a foil Gustcloak Savior.

Segrus
Quote:
As for my requests...I had to tear apart my Karrthus deck in order to supply cards to my Cube, and I'd really like to see that guy again sometime (so basically just some dragons or whatever; I haven't played the deck for a while, so I don't really have a decklist anymore). Progenitus Parade Floats could use some comical, fun alters of whatever. The decklist is very fluid currently, so don't feel obligated to choose something already in there.

Shabbaman
Quote:
I'd be happy with a small number of Eldrazi spawn tokens. Besides that, I was thinking of what would make me really happy is any altered card in my EDH decks that is currently not available as a promo and only exists with the modern card frame. I like the oldschool borders. Specifically I'm thinking Reassembling skeleton and Executioner's Capsule. Awakening Zone turned into a bedroom early in the morning, sunrise and all, Unglued style... that'd be heaven. Still, I'd be happy with an Eldrazi spawn token. --> Kaldra token too.

Sheldon
Quote:
I'm obviously in. If I want anything, it's nicely altered versions of things that are either not available in foil, or are difficult or expensive to come by (obviously, I'd be happy with any of those foil versions too--but there's something personal about alters).

IN FOIL BUT TRICKY:
Dust Bowl
Kozilek
Master of the Wild Hunt
Meekstone
Oracle of Mul Daya
Skyshroud Claim
Sol Ring
Ulamog
Wasteland
Yavimaya Elder
Yavimaya Hollow
(any shock land)

NOT IN FOIL
Aether Flash (Weatherlight--the 7E art sucks)
Altar of Dementia
Damia, Sage of Stone
Erratic Portal
Gilded Drake
Harsh Justice
Homeward Path
Hornet Queen
Karplusan Yeti (IA--the other art is meh)
Kismet
Martyr's Bond
Portcullis
Reflecting Pool (Tempest)
Reins of Power
Sakashima's Student
Turnabout
Victimize
Volrath's Stronghold
(any dual land)

shmebula
Quote:
I have around 32 EDH decks - one of each color combination (some multiples), so any useable EDH card will find a home somewhere. I do have a decent collection, so if it's a staple I probably have it, though there are exceptions. I do have one all-foil EDH deck (Stonebrow) that has some subpar cards in it since they're cheaper that way, so any decent card in foil for that deck (preferably a trampler) would work. Otherwise any EDH-worthy card would work. My decks are all here and up to date.

I also have a wish list on deckbox here.

Sid the Chicken
Quote:
No idea what to request, so I'll just list my decks, and someone could send me something that might possibly fit in?
Teneb, the Harvester - Reanimator
Sharuum, the Hegemon - Tribal Sphinx control
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief - Vampire Tribal beatdown
Heliod, God of the Sun - TOKENS!
Brion Stoutarm - Giant Tribal (kinda) / throw things at ya
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund - Dragon Tribal

Swmystery
Quote:
Requests...well, I'm planning a Chromatic project (one of every colour combination), and I like to have the legends foiled where possible. Any one of the following list in foil or altered would be very much appreciated- some will be more difficult than others to acquire, so I leave it up to the giver's judgement:

Darien, King of Kjeldor
Phage the Untouchable
Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
Triad of Fates
Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius
Olivia Voldaren

TheEvilCliff
Quote:
I have nine EDH decks (Adun, Kaalia, Sliver Queen, Kraj, Garza Zol, Animar, Azami, Balthor, Nin) so just about any card would find a home.

I like shiny cards, foreign cards, signed cards.

Send me anything you think is cool--I play EDH for the experience.

Tim Proctor
Quote:
I would like something for my EDH cube, you can see the link and click Filter and under Pimp click [not set] and you can also see what cards I need. But anything cool and personalized is super cool also.

Viperion
Quote:
I'd like.... stuff. Something or things EDH playable, preferably not staples ;). I have decks of every colour combination (or will have) so don't worry that I won't use it; if it's fun, janky and does something, I'll probably love it :)

Wayne Viktorius
Quote:
I've got pretty much everything except for Onslaught Fetches so mainly alters (Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Halo, The Witcher), foils, promos.

I'm currently playing Chainer, Vish Kal, Momir, Teferi, Niv Mizzet, Karador, Kresh, Thraximundar, Numot, Angus Mackenzie, Mimeoplasm, and Rith.

Willbender
Quote:
Un-card foils / promos. A Russian Akroma, Angel of Wrath. Altered-art awesomeness (especially an Adaptive Automaton as a 40k Necron, or a zombified Taurean Mauler). Older (pre-Scars) Russian Red+White multicolor cards. Promo basic lands - stuff like APAC/Euro/MPS/etc.. Token promos. Older set oddities - off-color and bizarre-effect cards - the more obscure the better.

Willmsy
Quote:
an altered art playable EDH card. Legendary creature if possible, but not required. Something cool looking with the art.

X50isdafutureX
Quote:
Altered or foil of the following if possible...
Spiritmonger, Phantom Nishoba (leaping onto a piece of cheese!), Arc Slogger, Sundering Titan, Kumano (altered as S.S Goku!)

I need foil street sweepers as well!

zimagic
Quote:
No idea what I want. I'm a foil hog & I am foiling out a common/uncommon cube so anything shiny for my decks, cube, random shiny secret tech or just something you think is cool and should be in some deck somewhere, I'll take it!

Also foil full art zendikar lands.

BTW, starting this 2 weeks earlier than normal because of all the issues we had last time. I will try to get the list completed by Dec 1st. So Sign-ups end Nov 19th, on the 20th I'll PM everyone who their target is, with their request section, then people will do their best to gather a gift fitting and send it. International was not a problem last time, shouldn't be a problem this time. We're trying to get them to the people before Dec 24th which happens to be when Nicol Bolas's spark ignited.

Last edited by Tim Proctor on 2013-Dec-02 12:14 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season 2! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 7:56 am 

I'm interested in this -- but I did miss out last time.

So the idea is to put up some requests, and hopefully the person who gets your name is able to fill out a request of yours in some manner?

... I would have to try and figure out what kinds of things I would be interested in receiving (always a problem when I do trading .. I rarely have set cards in mind that I'm looking for)

Tim, I'll PM you when I can figure out what kinds of things I'd be interested in.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 8:06 am 

Carthain wrote:
I'm interested in this -- but I did miss out last time.

So the idea is to put up some requests, and hopefully the person who gets your name is able to fill out a request of yours in some manner?

... I would have to try and figure out what kinds of things I would be interested in receiving (always a problem when I do trading .. I rarely have set cards in mind that I'm looking for)

Tim, I'll PM you when I can figure out what kinds of things I'd be interested in.

Yeah, its best if kept vague, and that people remember it's a request. So the best thing to do it point at things that have a broad reference. It's not a trade so there isn't the aspect of specifics.

If you look at the request section from last season's it'll give you a good example of what worked.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 8:28 am 

I am totally in.

I'm trying to pimp out my Glissa deck so anything altered or foil that isn't already would rock!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15890&start=0

I really really want a foil or altered Bojuka Bog and a foil or altered Temple of the False God

Other than that, I love old foils of things that are useful but not staple. I got really excited picking up a foil Gustcloak Savior.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Last edited by scatteredsun on 2013-Nov-19 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 8:34 am 

I'm in.

I'd like foils and alters (or foiled alters) of anything not already foiled or altered in my Mayael deck. I'd also like an unhinged forest, mountain, and plains.

Thanks for organizing again Tim.

Mayael the Anima

Last edited by Celerus on 2013-Oct-17 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 8:36 am 

Celerus wrote:
I'm in.

I'd like foils and alters of anything not already foiled or altered in my Mayael deck. I'd also like an unhinged forest, mountain, and plains.

Thanks for organizing again Tim.

Can you post a link to the deck and what is pimped vs. not?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 8:42 am 

I did. It's linked to the words "Mayael deck" ;). The deck list says what is pimped :)

Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 8:46 am 

My bad, on my phone it didn't show up, sorry.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 9:24 am 

Id love to join in this, but Im nervous that my comparitively miniscule collection wont contain the sorts of things people want.

Sygg, River Cutthroat: Sneaky horrible backstabbing ninjas+rogues.
Sek'Kuar, deathkeeper: It's ALIVE! And so is that one! In fact, ALL the formerly dead stuff is alive!
Sydri, Galvanic Genius: Artifacts and artifacts and lifegain and artifacts.
In Progress:
Mogis, God of Slaughter: Mr. Massacre and his things that ping.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 9:26 am 

PredatoryAmoeba wrote:
Id love to join in this, but Im nervous that my comparitively miniscule collection wont contain the sorts of things people want.

If you look at last seasons, you can see that not everyone sent super expensive stuff, it's about personalization and uniqueness. Don't worry about it. The running theme last time was a sharpie altered crystal ball.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 9:36 am 

if you get IGottaBigDeck send him Storm Crows. He loves them :P

Mayael the Anima

Last edited by Celerus on 2013-Oct-17 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 9:41 am 

I would be honored to participate again.

My request is for something useful and that is altered in some fashion. It can be done poorly or well, I will appreciate the uniqueness and effort. My signature has a list of my generals as well as some links to my decks for ideas. I also like cards signed by the artist and cool looking old foil lands.

Retired:
Krenko, Mob Boss (Goblins)
Zedruu the Christmas Goat (group hug)
Ramses Overdark (Assassin Deck)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 9:59 am 

Yep count me in again too. Fairly big notice/disclaimer here: I live in New Zealand. That's not part of the US :P :P :P I have no problems sending cards overseas, but last year some people didn't want to send cards here.

I'd like.... stuff. Something or things EDH playable, preferably not staples ;). I have decks of every colour combination (or will have) so don't worry that I won't use it; if it's fun, janky and does something, I'll probably love it :)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 11:46 am 

I'm in again. For requests:
I have around 32 EDH decks - one of each color combination (some multiples), so any useable EDH card will find a home somewhere. I do have a decent collection, so if it's a staple I probably have it, though there are exceptions. I do have one all-foil EDH deck (Stonebrow) that has some subpar cards in it since they're cheaper that way, so any decent card in foil for that deck (preferably a trampler) would work. Otherwise any EDH-worthy card would work. My decks are all here and up to date.

Thanks for running it again Tim.

And I have no problems sending Storm Crows to New Zealand, for what it's worth. :P

Sharuum
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
Garza Zol
Edric
Damia
Zedruu
Ashling the Pilgrim
Karona, False God
Grimgrin
Rhys the Redeemed
Kaervek
Wrexial
Bruna
Melek
Brigid
Stonebrow
Jor Kadeen
Mimeoplasm
Balthor
Yeva
Kira
Progenitus
Vish Kal
Animar
Kaalia
Ghave
Skullbriar

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-17 12:13 pm 

In.

Updating. Got the Earthcraft, Glare, Oppo, Nest etc.
Atm looking for:

Unexpectedly Absent
Any number of Hinder, Spell Crumple, Disspiate, Mindbreak Trap
Any land that produce UG, UW, WG (Any of them, Odyssey Filter lands, tap duals, tap triple colour, etc).
That white instant Tranquility, can't remember the name.

Any number of foils for my Thalia deck, including:
Mother of Runes
Celestial Crusader
Student of Warfare
Soltari Monk/Soltari Priest (think they are foil somewhere)
Champion of the Parish
Mentor of the Meek
Oblivion Ring
Thorn of Amethyst
Hero of Bladehold
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Plains

Thanks!

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Last edited by CrazyPierre on 2013-Nov-03 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next