Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-07 3:20 am

Post subject: Re: 2019 Year End AMA
AgePosted: 2019-Dec-03 4:00 am 

Sheldon!

How’s it going? You agreed to throw down in a pod at the dc commandfest. When and where do you want to meet? Lathliss is ready, and hongry

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Dec-03 6:58 am 

Hey, I've been out of the game since 2011 but recently got interested again and thought why not post on this almost decade old account to the Sheldon?
Hopefully things have been well, I learned with my re-entry into EDH you've had some health issues. Thanks for being around and putting in work on our behalf.

My question is your feeling on the up-coming EDH year sort of deal. Personally I look forward to it as someone who missed a few years of solid cards and no longer having most of my old collection it means I might catch a nice reprint or dozen with some new tricks.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Dec-03 7:34 am 

How do you feel about WotC's recent focus on the "not for you" products? I think it's pretty dumb as they remove any trust some players had in them.

Also, what are your feelings for the next year? I'm cautiously optimistic about the products, but if they make them as expensive as the ELD Collector's boosters I'm afraid I won't be able to get my hands in them.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Dec-03 8:35 am 

AliceShiki wrote:
The last question is a much less interesting one... Are there any plans to update the server and/or software of these forums?

I know I'm not Sheldon, but it's been talked about on here recently. I think everybody is aware things need updated in some form or fashion. It's just trying to put something together which serves the right needs while not requiring to be constantly maintained by the RC.

Sheldon wrote:
Last chance of the year for an AMA. You know what to do at this point. Thanks in advance!

Sheldon, is there a theme or a commander you've always wanted to see constructed (well) and haven't yet?

Of all the places you've visited, what was the weirdest place you've visited?

Best wishes for your health.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Dec-05 8:34 am 

Hi Sheldon, thanks for taking questions.

I have two (nested though) for you. My first question is about the CAG: How often do you foresee the CAG expanding (or shrinking), and what goes into making that decision between the RC (and current CAG)?

Second question: Has there been consideration of adjusting the ban schedule in a meaningful way, and does the influx of voices from the CAG make it easier or more difficult to consider adjustments to the ban announcement schedule with regards to gathering and considering information on cards?

Thanks for taking the time.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Dec-06 6:04 am 

If an alternate reality where you banned antisocial cards from the beginning, such as Stasis and Armageddon, how different do you think the format would be right now? If the answer is "nonexistent", which I suspect you'll say, what would have been the breaking point?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Dec-06 9:41 pm 

I was wondering if there were any thoughts to reining in the influence of WotC and their "this planeswalker can be your commander" schtick. Circumventing an EDH rule like that seems like it needs an answer.

Offline Profile