Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 11:12 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Using cards against their owners 101 - Funny
AgePosted: 2012-Jun-02 4:37 am 

Epsilon wrote:
I'm playing Hakim, Loreweaver vs Teneb, the Harvester and a Dakon Blackblade.

I dump my hand by like the fourth turn and then windfall to fill it back up to 7 and draw into a Roil Elemental, Vesuvan Shapeshifter and Willbender.

Teneb plays his general and attempts to equip lightning greaves to him. In response, I drop in a land with Terrain Generator and gain control of him. He doesn't have any other creatures so I have a greaved Teneb under my control.

If he attemted to put greaves on his teneb and you nicked it before he applied them, then you wouldn't have a greaved teneb. However if he did manage to get the greaves on, you couldnt nick it...

And if you managed to nick it before hand, how did he continue to put the greaves on what would be now "your" creature? as ou can only equip your own creatures

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-03 11:19 pm 

thedarkheart wrote:
If he attemted to put greaves on his teneb and you nicked it before he applied them, then you wouldn't have a greaved teneb. However if he did manage to get the greaves on, you couldnt nick it...

And if you managed to nick it before hand, how did he continue to put the greaves on what would be now "your" creature? as ou can only equip your own creatures

If the equip is on the stack, would it counter the equip by losing control of the creature? I don't believe it would but I could be wrong. While you can only attach things to your own creatures, as long as it was your creature when you put it on the stack I don't think it matters and it will still resolve.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it wasn't overly relevant to the game.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-04 6:53 am 

Epsilon wrote:
If the equip is on the stack, would it counter the equip by losing control of the creature?

Yes. The reason for this is that the target of a spell or ability must still be legal when it begins to resolve, and the target of an "equip" ability must be a creature you control. If none of the targets of a spell or ability are legal anymore at the time it would begin to resolve, that spell or ability is countered.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-24 6:36 am 

I stole a Seedborn Muse with my General Tariel, Reckoner of souls

And proceeded to steal all the creatures :D

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-25 4:58 am 

A funny one on me, i was playing my Sygg, River Guide deck against a Teneb, the harvester and Tariel, Reckoner of souls.

I went to go off a "basically" infinite combo of Wanderwine Prophets and pro him every turn(i had lots of creatures). The teneb player pulled some shanagines and used 2 kill spells(1 in response to sygg's pro, and than another in response to the second pro i tried to stack above the spell)) to kill my prophets. The way he had done was kind of mean spirited as he was boasting about how he had "ruined my day" and such by stopping my combo and killed my dude. I was not amused by this, so i doomed use both the following turn by playing Intruder Alarm.

Teriel proceeded to take all the creatures and use my own merfolk to go infinite (she had mother of runes to give pro every time to make sure prophet would get though), and kept taking my merfolk from my graveyard to get infinite turns. She killed him first because i had handed her the game ;P

There is no such thing as overkill.
Commander/EDH Decks
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind -Combo Control/"comes into play..."
Scion of the Ur-Dragon -Dragon Aggro
Rhys the Redeemed -Token Hell!
Karador, Ghost Chieftain -Reanimator
Sharuum the Hegemon -Artifacts-non combo
Jared, Golgari Lich Lord-Dredge
Aurelia, the Warleader-Voltron

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-25 10:00 am 

Niv-Mizzet_Rules! wrote:
She killed him first because i had handed her the game ;P

And because the second you died, she'd lose the Wanderwine Prophets.

Vorel of the Hull Clade - Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-26 4:29 am 

Malekoda wrote:
Niv-Mizzet_Rules! wrote:
She killed him first because i had handed her the game ;P

And because the second you died, she'd lose the Wanderwine Prophets.

True, but she did say that it was because i handed her the game that i got to watch the teneb player die first.

There is no such thing as overkill.
Commander/EDH Decks
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind -Combo Control/"comes into play..."
Scion of the Ur-Dragon -Dragon Aggro
Rhys the Redeemed -Token Hell!
Karador, Ghost Chieftain -Reanimator
Sharuum the Hegemon -Artifacts-non combo
Jared, Golgari Lich Lord-Dredge
Aurelia, the Warleader-Voltron

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Jan-13 7:09 pm 

I recently got my Chancellor of the Sphinx stolen by Debtor's Knell. I had Rite of Replication in my graveyard, it was copied times infinity and no one had a board wipe, so we all died to Teysa comboing with my cards.

I had a Geth deck that did much better in games where there was a Seedborn Muse in someone's deck for me to steal. :twisted:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Feb-12 9:30 pm 

In 1v1 recently, I was starting down at a freshly-cast Memnarch (Not commander), whose owner was all ready to untap and steal the game. I drop a Clone (Maybe Phantasmal Image) copying their Puppeteer Clique, and taking Sakashima the Impostor from Memnarch's GY. Of course, I copy Memnarch, and pay 3U to permanently take control of the original. EOT, Sakashima gets exiled, Memnarch scoops.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Feb-13 4:26 pm 

Broke out my new Lazav deck tonight. Won a three-player game by copying Seedborn Muse with Geth, Lord of the Vault in play. Won a 1v1 afterwards by copying Felidar Sovereign.

Basically, it's doing all the random stuff I wanted it to.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Feb-13 9:18 pm 

Tony-The-Tiger wrote:
Broke out my new Lazav deck tonight. Won a three-player game by copying Seedborn Muse with Geth, Lord of the Vault in play. Won a 1v1 afterwards by copying Felidar Sovereign.

Basically, it's doing all the random stuff I wanted it to.

I just had a pretty funny experience of my own with my Lazav deck.

Was playing a 1v1 vs someone using my Tibor and Lumia deck and we both used each other's decks against each other to pretty devastating results.

He swung in against me with a Rapacious One equipped with a Sword of Feast and Famine. I only had an Undead Alchemist that could block and at two toughness it wasn't worth it since the sword would trigger anyway from the trample. He untapped his lands and then cast Knowledge Exploitation on me. Curse of the Cabal. OUCH.

I had a few zombie tokens and random other creatures that I sacced to Altar of Dementia which put Lazav as a Dominus of Fealty. Once the Curse resolved, I was left with Undead Alchemist, Lazav, Whispersilk Cloak on Lazav, Altar of Dementia, and a single Island and Swamp with Mind Grind as the only card in hand.

My turn comes around and I steal the Rapacious One, Swing for 11 with no blocks, get 7 Eldrazi Spawn, cast the Mind Grind for 7. This gets me 7 zombie tokens from the Alchemist, then sac the Rapacious One to mill 7 more which didn't get me any more tokens.

He drew into a land so he wasn't able to cast two red spells to trigger T&L enough to kill my zombies and passed the turn.

My turn, I steal the T&L with sword equipped so he has no blockers, sac them to the Altar, Swing for 18 zombie damage to mill 18 which gets me 5 more Zombies, sac all those Zombie tokens to continue the chain until he was milled out...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Feb-14 2:42 pm 

A game at my LGS tonight, I played Mesmeric Orb turn two, and later Lazav on turn four. The Radha player immediately mills Ulamog, I copy it, and everyone scoops so we can play another game. Oops, I win...

I doubt that will happen very often! Well, at least not that early.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-26 2:52 am 

My opponent had just played his general, Obzedat and pinged me for 2 damage. I have a Fauna shaman on the board and some creature in my hand. He ends his turn and exiles Obzedat.

I untap, draw, and activate Fauna Shaman, pitching the random dude in my hand to fetch up Riftsweeper, cast it and shuffle Obzedat into his library.

He High-fived me for that.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-May-09 6:32 am 

More like "helping your opponent to hurt him", but here goes:

Scenario #1: Opponent had a Phantasmal Image copying my Balefire Dragon. I used Sunhome to give his dragon double strike, thereby destroying and allowing me to fly over and kill the rest of his creatures.

Scenario #2: I had Avacyn, Angel of Hope as my only creature when my opponent attacked me with a Solemn Simulacrum. As I had nothing else to spend the mana on, I blocked with Avacyn and used Yavimaya Hollow to regenerate his golem, ensuring he didn't get to draw a card.

Vorel of the Hull Clade - Abusing counters for fun and profit

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-May-14 7:17 am 

Opponent faces my normal EDH deck with his 1v1 EDH deck, each using their respective ban lists (so i'm allowed to use Sol Ring, Mana Crypt etc, but he's allowed to use Protean Hulk and Emrakul). He's running Kami of the Crescent Moon as his general but is otherwise basically running a creatureless Clique deck, so he spends the first ten or so turns consistently countering every single thing I try to play. I'm on 7 lands when he finally taps out to Polymorph his general into Emrakul. He hopes I don't have Karn in hand to get rid of it.

Indeed I don't. So I topdeck a land, play Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker and take Emrakul. He scoops on the spot.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next