Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Aug-16 4:28 pm

Post subject: Could use some help with a new forum :)
AgePosted: 2011-Jan-10 12:57 pm 

I've created a simple EDH forum for people in the Netherlands, so we don't have to speak English all the time :P However, I'm encountering some problems and was hoping some of you can help.

The forum is a basic phpbb type, the same as this one right?

Anyway, what I would like to know:
- How can I create a sub forum that for example only users in the moderator group can view and enter?
- How can I add card tags to the forum? We have it here for a little while now and it's awesome, I want it to :P
- When I type a message and I want to add for example the bold code, I can only add it by typing it. I'm not able to select some text and then click on the bottom above.

Anyone knows how to do this? (A)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Could use some help with a new forum :)
AgePosted: 2011-Jan-10 1:50 pm 

Poesjuh wrote:
- How can I create a sub forum that for example only users in the moderator group can view and enter?

When in the area to create/edit forums, there should be an area to set Permissions. Have a look through there - should be able to set it for Moderators/Admin only

Poesjuh wrote:
- How can I add card tags to the forum? We have it here for a little while now and it's awesome, I want it to :P

That would be custom code - ie, someone from here went into the phpBB code and added in the Card tag. (I'm not aware of any preset area where you can find it.) I've done this on my own boards before, but I'm not sure if I still have that code or not (and mine only set up a link, it didn't have the auto-preview aspect).

So while you can ask for the code - You may or may not get help from whoever did the code for here. If you want I can try to give you a hand - pm so we don't spam the thread back and forth.

Poesjuh wrote:
- When I type a message and I want to add for example the bold code, I can only add it by typing it. I'm not able to select some text and then click on the bottom above.

As far as I know, this *should* work right away without needing to do anything. I'd check to make sure stuff like javascript is enabled. (if I disable javascript it stops working - so I'd look into that first.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-12 11:54 am 

Ok.

I've got phpbb3 now, the same as here.
I've also found the place where I have to make the new BBcodes, and adding the code works.
However, making it work and linked to magiccards.info not.

I have absolutely no idea how to do this. Anyone that has a clue? Perhaps some of the admins from this site? (A)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-13 10:52 am 

This link viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4068 indicates to me (I don't have any real working knowledge here) that you might need to set something up with the source of the images to do it.

Genomancer pretty much does everything here, so I'd PM him about this question.

Offline Profile