Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-18 10:07 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Recruiting playtest groups for possible EDH rules changes
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-21 4:29 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

I'm looking for a couple of playgroups to help test some possible rules tweaks and report back to me on their thoughts. I want them spread out as much as possible so they reflect the interests of different areas as much as possible, as well as different player types.

Specifically, I'm looking for:

* people who play multiplayer (3-5 player games) regularly, and at least oen or two which play two-player "duels" regularly.
* groups who will have a chance to test these rules in at least 4-6 games over the next month, on at least two different occasions. Multiple occasions is important -- I need to know how people respond and change their decks after trying them the first time.
* expert deckbuilders, johnny/spikes in particular, who are willing to put some effort into deckbuilding under slightly different rules (banned list, etc) to see if they can break those rules. We're looking at what cards we need to/can ban to control broken combos... but don't want to curtail one thing if something else just as good is going to crop up in its place. So I need someone to help me find the "second" most powerful combos.

If your playgroup fits this general description, and you're willing to

1) play some of your games in August (not necessarily all of them) under slightly different rules (but otherwise mostly conform to the "mainstream" rules on the rules page so that house rules don't skew the results)
2) report back to me about what happened, as objectively as possible -- nothing too detailed, just a paragraph or two about how well a given change works, or doesn't
3) keep things under wraps for now (I don't want to confuse the general playerbase people with things that are only possibilities and might not get used at all)
4) accept that your observations might not be conclusive, and others/we might disagree with you

then please send me a message describing your playgroup, its strengths & style of play, and I'll get back to you with what I'd like tested.

Gavin

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]